ESSAGE : TEL-TEC IS HISTORY! Msg left by: SHARP RAZOR This is to inform you all that Tel-Tec ((800)-323-3026) is now out of business it seems that more non-paying custumers were using their l.d. services than paying customers!!..oh well,they gave a shitty connection anyway!.....with all of the "new tracing equipment" now added on some services,the following is a list of major serivices and how they rate connection wise,and safety wise... con nection-wise... 1. Sprint (far and away) 2. Metrophone 3. MCI execunet 4. MCI 5. Travel-Net 6. LDX ...now..how well these companies can trace... 1. SPRINT 2.MCI 3.MCI Execunet 4.Metro 5.LDX 6.Travel-Net.. ..note: This is based on my personal opinion and info i have on the various tracing abilities of each firm listed.....later....Sharp Razor>> The Legion Of Doom! *DC ELITE* MESSAGE : NICE QUOTE Msg left by: THE HACKMAN I do like "the application of knowledge is power."however,i have a better one. for any of you have read the Covenant series it may be familiar: "only the powerless are innocent." p.s.read my arpanet stuff.it might not be extremely well written but you can always leave e-mail -the hackman MESSAGE KNOWLEDGE IS POWER... Msg left by: JELLIED WATERMELON I'D LIKE TO ADDRESS THIS QUOTE FROM THOMAS JEFFERSON. THIS MESSAGE IS SEEN EVERY TIME YOU LOG ONTO THE PIRATE-80 (OF WHICH I USE THE 'DEMO'). THE QUOTE IS HORRIBLY INNACURATE. I USE A PARAPHRASE OF BIOC'S QUOTE ON COSMOS: ANY SHMUCK CAN HAVE KNOWLEDGE, BUT THE ONE WHO CAN USE IT HAS POWER OR SOMETHING TO THAT EFFECT. SO I PROPOSE A NEW SAYING... THE APPLICATION OF KNOWLEDGE IS POWER -JW MESSAGE : ARPANET INFO Msg left by: THE HACKMAN for those of you interested,i have a good deal of info on arpanet. it is amazing the things you can accomplish without even having a password.anyway,if you do not know your local # then you can leave e-mail for me and i can help if you be too lazy to find out on your own. when you first get on it'll give you some shit about official use only and a # which is non-carrier which you can report"user problems"to. don't worry about it.first,press"@n"and you will be put on something which basically amounts to a news center. after reaching that,press "nic" and .you will be given a menu. choose #4.then you will be given 3 options.take #3(a description of hosts by operating system.there a bunch of o.s.'s so coose one that sounds good like unix or telenet (which can be accessed through arpanet) .then press "quit."you will be sent back to the main accessing area.then press"@o "and the o.s. # of the system you want. some times you'll find that o.s. #'s may be whole trs.some of arpanet's o.s.'s deal with such things as artificial intelligence have fun:leave e-mail since i have a lot more crap i could tell you including how to talk to the hosts and leave mail on the net. the hackman MESSAGE #71: YOU TOO CAN WRITE FOR TAP Msg left by: THE PHREAK MANAGMENT TAP issues #91 & #92 should be going to the printer's very shortly. They are going to be very interesting (from looking at the proofs). Tuc & I layed out issue #91 and #92 is allegedly going to be a special issue from an old SUPER phreak. Cheshire Catalyst, the managing editor, also layed out an issue which will probably be #93 (which will be mailed out with #94).if you have some GOOD articles that you would like to appear in TAP, you can follow the procedure outlined below: [1] Write up your article (preferably in 50 columns) & proof read it! [2] You can use the old method of sending it to the mail drop -or- You can send it in Phreak Feedback [F], to BIOC AGENT 003, THE PHREAK MANAGEMENT, or TUC. If it is upto par, it'll probably go into one of the next issues. Check previous issues of TAP to see what type of articles have already been published, etc. Now, before I tell you something else, Subscription information, general information about TAP, and the address can be found in the G-section in the Level 1 Phreak Philes C [2] [2] 1. It should be the 2nd file appropriately entitled "TAP" Now, you can also send stuff directly to Cheshire Catalyst on this board. He logs on irregularly (last on July 28 as of this message) so I can't guarantee anything. Do not bog him down with alot of garbage (especially since his mailbox can only hold so much!). Hope to see some GOOD articles soon!, ***** B1OC Agent 003 *=$=* Co-Sysop *****<<=-FARGO 4A-=>> Knights of Shadow MESSAGE #70: -=*=- NEW PHILES! -=*=- Msg left by: THE PHREAK MANAGMENT We have just recently updated all 3 sections of the Phreak Philes. Here are some of the new highlights: Phreak Philes -- level 1 ( [G] [2] 1) Hacker Morality The July '84 NASA Bust Hacking Tymnet Weather Numbers Satelco Access Number A mini-guide to Dow Jones Getting Caught & the SPECIAL:UNIX for Beginners Introduction Parts 1 - 3 For those of you with higher access: Phreak Philes -- level 2 C [6] [9] 1 Hacking the RSTS MILNET Dial-Ups DARPA Hacking Dun & Bradstreet Hacking the IBM (part I) Hacking Western Union FYI Index A history of British Phreaking A history of ESS Telenet Directory Dealing with the R&R Operator Boxing Overseas International Dialing CCITT Standards Blue Boxing Information Yet More Phun With UNIX PBX's & Extenders And Finally for the handful of demanding Super Phreaks: Phreak Philes -- level 3 ( [6] [15] ) Due to the nature of this information it has been [CENSORED] from the public view. There are also new philes in General Topics levels 1 [1] & 2 [8]. Access to higher phreak G-sections can be obtained in several ways such as uploading some good philes (they don't necessarily have to be yours), sending samples of COSMOS #s, Mainframe #s, & other interesting things in phreak feedback [E], outright bribery, sufficient bullshitting, etc... MORE NEW PHILES COMING SOON!!! (such as the Esquire article: Secrets of the Little Blue Box). Enjoy, ***** BIOC Agent 003 *=$=* Co-Sysop *****<<=-FARGO 4A-=>> Knights of Shadow =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-= = Sherwood Forest ][ Validation Info = =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-= If you are a new user, your password will be automatically validated to a Level 1 status within 24 hours FREE of charge. This level will allow you to use most sub-boards, Level 1 G-Files,E-Mail, and other basic options. A level 1 password will be removed if not used after a 1 month period. The following information concerns advanced options available on this system to certain users. The following chart will show the advanced options, compared to a Level 1 options, that users will receive with a $10 or $15 donation: The following are categories: L - User Password Level $ - Amount of Donation needed for the level M - Amount of letters that you can receive before you mailbox is full. T - Time limit on the system. C - Calls allowed per day. G - G-file access level S - Security level E - Elite board access. F - the number of form letters that you can store on-line. A - auto-border # - Number of lines per message allowed. +=+ +---------------------------------+ !L! !$ !M !T !C! G ! S ! E ! F ! A ! #! !=! !==!==!==!=!===!===!===!===!===!==! !1! !0 !3 !15!2! 1 ! 10! No! 1 ! No!40! !-! !--!--!--!-!---!---!---!---!---!--! !2! !10!6 !20!3! 2 ! 40!Yes! 2 !Yes!55! !-! !--!--!--!-!---!---!---!---!---!--! !3! !15!9 !25!4! 2 ! 70!Yes! 3 !Yes!75! +=+ +---------------------------------+ Level 2, and Level 3 passwords will remain on the system for 1 year (used or not). After a year your level will stay the same for a 2 week period (to allow time for you to send in to retain the level). After the 2 weeks grace, if your status is not retained, your password will be returned to level 1 status, and Level 1 properties will then be in effect.Also, Security Level can can be raised by posting useful messages, and Uploading G-Files. If you feel you qualify under these conditions please leave feedback to the proper division of management. Contact the Sysop in [F]eedback concering club rates and private club sub-boards. Send all donations along with your password to: Sherwood Forest ][ 157 Tweed Blvd. Grandview, NY 10960 ENJOY THE SYSTEM!!!