Numb: 1 Subj: Begin From: SINBAD SAILOR Date: TUE JAN 29 10:10:35 PM Use this board for posting messages about whatever you want. ss Numb: 2 Subj: Overdrawn... From: SIMON JESTER Date: WED FEB 6 9:44:54 PM I also saw this show, and it was pretty rad... I sure wish I had video taped that instead of The Dirty Dozen... (think I could get a copy, Zaphod?)... there was a movie a couple of years back with the same kinda atmosphere that was also kinda rad... it was called The Lathe of Heaven, about a dude whose dreams would come true... anyone remember it? I have it on videotape. Simon Jester/NDC Numb: 3 Subj: "The Lathe of Heaven" From: TOM DUBRUIL Date: THU FEB 7 3:39:23 PM I saw "The Lathe of Heaven" and liked it too. I even went out and read the book. Ursula K LeGuin is a good science fiction author. I read another of her books after that, but I can't remember the title. Numb: 4 Subj: CALL THIS From: THE ENFORCER Date: THU FEB 7 7:20:32 PM CALL Z-NET AT 731-1349 A AD&D IS COMING SOON --- / HE ENFORCER -SYSOP OF THE UNDERWORLD (SOON) -ASST. DM OF Z-NET (THANX TO FORD ECE[T!) -------------------------------------- GOOD NIGHT TO ALL NOT LET THE COPS BYTE GOOD NIGHT -------------------------------------- Numb: 5 Subj: Humph. From: MAD CANADIAN Date: FRI FEB 8 11:33:29 PM Well, I make an observation about the MPG, (actually a few.) and then they decide, Let's gang up on MC! (Gee Wally ..... ) I'll believe the box of 10 prize when i see it. I will keep my trap shut about it till then. And you guys (MPG members and such.) keep on neglecting the fact that Attic Man was driving, not I (actually, I was driving his car for a while. I didn't know'how to drive a manual. Killed the engine an infinite number of times.). So, get your facts straight. I do not believe that all* the MPG members are over 18. as the title says, 'Humph'. MC Thought Police (John, how fast were you driving? 80? 85? and are you sure you didn't see the cop?) Numb: 6 Subj: ASCII EXPRESS PRO 4.2 From: DAVE DUDERSTADT Date: SAT FEB 9 3:01:32 PM I WOULD LIKE TO TALK WITH SOMEONE ABOUT THE USE OF ASCII EXPRESS PRO WITH THE HAYES MICROMODEM IIE. I'M HAVING PROBLEMS DOWNLOADING FILES (HAVEN'T SO FAR!). I HAVE THE LIST OF BASIC INSTRUCTIONS FOR THE COMANDS, BUT I AM STILL NOT ABLE T DOWNLOAD. THERE ARE AN AWFUL LOT OF SELECTIONS FOR CONFIGURING THE PROGRAM TO THE INDIVIDUAL COMPUTER. I HAVE A HAYES MICROMODEMIIE FOR EXAMPLE ( THE INSERT PROGRAM TALKS OF A MICROMODEM II NOT IIE, I DON'T KNOW IF THAT MAKES A DIFFERENCE OR NOT) THE PROGRAM SEEMS TO WORK FOR MOST EVERYTHING THOUGH. WHAT DO I USE TO DOWNLOAD THE TYPICAL PROGRAMS FROM A BOARD? THERE'S 'GET','LOAD','AUTO SAVE','RECEIVE', AND 'X' FOR EXIT TO SUPPOSEDLY EXEC IF YOU PICK; THAT IN THE INSTALL PROGRAM!!! I'M TOTATLY CONFUSED NONE OF THEM SEEM TO WORK! COULD SOMEONE PLEASE GIVE ME A CALL OR LEAVE A SHORT DESCRIPTION ON HOW I SHOULD DOWNLOAD. I ALSO HAVE SMARTCOMI WHICH I HAVE DOWNLOADED SOME PROGRAMS ON BUT I DON'T KNOW HOW TO DO AN AUTO DOWNLOAD WHERE THE HEAD COMPUTER AUTO SAVES TE PROGRAM TO DISK EXECING IT. I ONLY KNOW HOW TO SAVE A TEXT FILE, EDIT IT WITHAPPLE WRITERII, THEN EXEC THAT. WHEN I TRIED TO LOAD A TEXT FILE FROM HERE (MEGA MUSIC) I RAN OUT OF MEMORY FOR THE APLLE WRITER II PROGRAM. THANKS DAVE DUDERSTADT 8945274 (GADGET MAN) Numb: 7 Subj: Uploads! From: SINBAD SAILOR Date: SAT FEB 9 6:15:24 PM I have had lotz of questions about uploading... if you have too much to upload then worth the time then send the whole disk and I will just copy the files and get your disks back to you. Send them to - John Hyde pa box 6309 mpls mn 55406 thanx! ss/mpg Numb: 8 Subj: Stuff in general. From: MAD CANADIAN Date: SAT FEB 9 11:04:43 PM Why is it that, when you log on, you get the same privlidges as the unpaid, lazy, persistant caller type? and why is it that the MPG, the NDC, and the Thought Police, have trouble getting in the same place at the same time? And why is it, that Attic Man, and Dr. Boogie both wanted to run me over when I was skitching? "Let's put it in reverse!" MC/Thought Police Numb: 9 Subj: ASCII EXPRESS PRO From: DAVE DUDERSTADT Date: SUN FEB 10 9:37:12 AM I JUST RECENTLY OBTAINED ASCII EXPRESS PRO AND AM HAVING DIFFICULTY FIGURING OUT HOW TO DOWNLOAD PROGRAMS WITH IT. I HAVE A HAYES MICROMODEM IIE. FIRST WILL IT WORK WITH THE IIE SINCE ONLY THE MM II IS MENTIONED ON THE INSTALL PROGRAM? WHAT COMMAND DO YOU USE TO DOWNLOAD? ('G'-GET. 'L'-LOAD A DOS SEQUENTIAL TEXT FILE INTO CURRENT DATA BUFFER, '0'- AUTO-SAVE OPTION CAPTURE DATA, 'R' COPY BUFFER TOGGLE, OR 'X'-EXITS AE PRO AND IF SPECIFIED IN THE "INSTALL" PROGR AM EXECUTE UPON EXIT.) I CAN'T SEEM TO GET ANY OF THESE TO RECORD ON A DISK. I'M SUE I'M JUST NOT DOING IT RIGHT. BASICALLY I JUST WANT TO KNOW HOW TO DOWNLOAD EITHER BY AUTOMATIC MODE OR IF I HAVE TO USE MY APPLEWRITTER II TO EDIT AND THE "EXEC" A TEXT FILE. SOMEONE PLEASE CALL OR LEAVE A MESSAGE. THX DAVE DUDERSTADT 8945274. Numb: 10 Subj: DOCTOR WHO FANS From: DAREDEVIL Date: MON FEB 11 6:23:24 PM ANYONE INTERESTED IN JOINING A MINNESOTA CHAPTER OF THE DOCTOR WHO FAN CLUB OF AMERICA, LEAVE YOUR NAME, ADDRESS,ALI, AND PHONE NUMBERTO. DAREDEVIL / Numb: 11 Subj: Upload! From: SINBAD SAILOR Date: TUE FEB 12 6:21:25 PM I have received lots of response on the upload contest, but I think that there should be more, especially along the lines of C64, IBM, and Macintosh programs and files, most everything that I have received has been for the Apple! So C64 users upload! IBM users upload! Mac users upload! Apple // users upload too! Numb: 12 Subj: True Winners From: FRANK LASER Date: WED FEB 13 5:39:49 PM Of course we'll win the prizes we can afford to give away! The Midwest Pirate's Guild Rules!!! Unless..... YOU provide the competition......! Accept the challenge! Or SUFFER Frank Laser -------------* The Human Hologram Numb: 13 Subj: MCMLXXXV From: GRID STRIP Date: WED FEB 13 8:39:34 PM M C M L X X X V1985 1 9 8 5MCMLXXXV---RULES ALL IF ANY BODY AGRESS WITH ME LEAVE ME E-MAIL....L-=>PLEASE... LATER... G R I D S T R I P *-*-*-*-*-*-*AWESOME BBS GUYS(SINBAD)*-*-*-*-*-* T H A N X MUCHOUS GRASIOS EL SYSOPO.....=>GRID STRIP Numb: 14 Subj: WORDSTAR From: JON ELLIOTT Date: THU FEB 14 11:15:40 AM If anyone could help me with a problem with Wordstar, I would sincerely appreciate it. I have a copy that is an older rev. which does not support modification of printer parameters without knowing the inside locations to modify. Could anyone provide me information on: The locations in Wordstar to modify for printer parameters such as underline, bold face, etc. or ... Tell me how to imbed control characters in the text itself, which would eliminate having to patch Wordstar. P.S. I am using an Apple w/z80 card and a C. Itoh Prowriter printer. THank you. Numb: 15 Subj: From: LORD PROTECTOR Date: THU FEB 14 9:51:57 PM say guys, want some actions and some tradin and fun leave e-mail for me here or on stronghold north or south or on krackline rsvp to lord protector !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! seya lator >>>>---->> > Numb: 16 Subj: [ Minicon 20 Information] From: -- ROLIC -- Date: THU FEB 14 11:18:06 PM Well, for all you sci-fi lovers, as well as garners and such...the annual Minicon strikes again (along with the fun parties at the Mini-Suite!) so lets be there............ It will be held from April 5th-7th, starting just about anytime (for those able to stagger home, come when you can, for those asleep on the floor (heh) whenever you wake up!) and ending pr'y around 11pm on the 7th. The fees are 12$ for pre-pay, 20$ at the door, and about 8$ for kids. Dr. Who vid-tapes and such will pr'y be playing (I'm bringing a few! Bring yers! to the Video Room!) all day. It will be held at the Radisson South (by hwy. 100 and the airport). To send your pre-payments, send to the following address. Include your name, address, and the name you want on your badge (Can be an alias, obviously..). The address is: Minicon 20 P.O. Box 2128 Loop Station Mpls, MN 55402 12$ or pre-pay 20$ at the door. Hope to see you there, -r Numb: 17 Subj: THE SHIEK From: THE SHIEK Date: FRI FEB 15 12:21:38 PM HAY!! IM NEW HERE I WOULD LIKE TO HERE FROM YOU. FROM THE SHIEK