ONE FOR THE MM. CALL IT AT 914 624 8692. LATER DUDEZ, =-=-=-DARK KNIGHT-=-=-= LEADER MM MM AGENT #007 DM AGENT #005 CO-SYSOP THE LAIR CO-SYSOP CRYSTAL CAVERNS Found: ***FOR SALE*** Msg left by: BOWAN THE BLACK Posted: MON JAN 14 6:19:28 FM ATARI 600XL GREAT CONDITION CALL 425-2060(DESTRUCTERS DUNGEON)LEAVE E-MAIL TO MERLIN. ****BOWAN THE BLACK**** ******(MERLIN)********* Found: HELP!! Msg left by: TECHIE posted: FRI JAN 13 12:55:00 AM HELP! I'm a new user w. a Hayes 300, Franklin and Ascii Express Pro, which I can't get to work w. my Franklin interface card (no up/downloading...). I'm also looking [DESPERATLYl for **Okigraph II** and CP/M utilites, and Sensibi Speller IV If you can help me--especially with getting A.E. Pro working, call (voice) 212-280-7483 thanks- Techie Found: LOGO TEACHERS WANTED Msg left by: DISRAELI Posted: FRI JAN 18 3:21:54 PM SHALOM FOLX LISTEN, IF YOU LIVE IN OR ANWHERE NEAR SCARSDALE AND HAVE SOME ADEQUATE KNOW- LEDGE IN LOGO THEN YOU GOT THE JOB! THERE ARE JOBS OPEN FOR A FEW GOOD MEN AND WOMEN TEACH LITTLE TOTS HOW TO WORK WITH LOGO. NOTHING EXTENSIVE FOR THESE ARE DUMB LITTLE 7 YEAR OLDS YOU WILL BE TEACHING. IF YOU DON'T WANT THE JOB BECAUSE YOU HATE 7 YEAR OLDS LIKE ME THEN WAIT TILL YOU HEAR THIS.. THE JOB PAYS FIVE BUCKS AN HOUR I DO NOT KNOW HOW MANY HOURS. JUST CALL: MRS. BRODHERSON DAYCARE ASSN. OF SCARSDALE 914-723-5512 NOW YOU CAN BUY THAT MODEM THAT YOU HAVE BEEN EYEING AT THE RADIO SHACK DISPLAY WINDOW SHALOM PEACE ================================DISRAELI -------- Found: AUSTIN Msg left by: THE EXTERMINATOR Posted: FRI JAN 18 5:57:06 PM HEY! I'M CALLING FROM AUSTIN TEXAS,AND (GET THIS) I HAVE NO FREAKING IDEA WHERE YOU ARE.NEAT,HUH? ANYWAY....I HAVE A CAT,AND AM INTERESTED IN TRADING.CONTACT ME AT: THE A.Y.C. BBS. 512-834-9016 9016 CONTACT ME IN EMAIL.LATER THE EXTERMINATOR /EXT EMPORER OF THE UNKNOWN UNIVERSE Found: REPLY TO MESSAGE ABOUT Msg left by: Anonymous Posted: FRI JAN la 10:05:40 PM TO WHOEVER WROTEE THAT NOT NICE LETTER TO THE PERSON WHO LEFT "TWAS THE NIGHT...", FUCK YOU, MAN. YOU THINK YOU'RE SO HOT SHIT. GIVE ME A BREAK. I KNOW YOU'RE A FAGIT. YOU CAN TAKE YOUR MESSAGE AND SHOVE IT UP YOUR ASS FOR ALL I CARE. HE WAS JUST TRYING TO GET INTO THE CHRISTMAS SPIRIT. YOU STUPID IDIOT. Found: DOLPHINS #1 Msg left by: OX BAKER Posted: SAT JAN 19 7:00:59 AM THE MIAMI DOLPHINS WILL KICK THE SHIT^^^^^ OUT OF THE SAN FRANCISCO FAGGOTS. WHO IN THEIR RIGHT MIND WOULD PULL FOR SAN FRAN THE CITY THAT IS THE HOMO CAPITAL OF THE WORLD!!!!! MIAMI DOLPHINS SUPER BOWL 19 WORLD CHAMPIONS!!!!!!! AND YOU CAN BANK ON THAT STATEMENT. Found: ITS BACK... Msg left by: PROF.FALKEN Posted: SUN JAN 20 10:53:23 PM As you rush home from school and enter your room you find that your autodial program has found a number that you have seen before. When you dial it you find that sure enough it is back...WarGames BBS running again... its been a while but we are finally online again...11 sub-boards 8 File sections Phreaking, hacking, cracking, pirating, and all the works...everything that used to be online and more...so give it a call...WarGames BBS System... Sysop (-=Prof.Falken 914-967-9474 Later... . Prof.Falken Found: -=*=- MORE MISC. -=*=- Msg left by: BIOC AGENT 003 Posted: TUE JAN 15 8:22:30 PM You can find all of your favorite Newsweek articles by Richard Sandza and others in the Phreak Level One [G] section. Here is a short summary: [G][2][40] Newsweek - Hackers at Play (9/5/83) [G][2][41] Newsweek - Preventing Wargames (7/5/83) [G][2][42] Newsweek - Night of the Hackers (11/12/84) [GJ[2][43] Newsweek - Revenge of the Hackers (12/10/84) [G][2][44] Newsweek - Teaching Hackers Ethics (1/14/85) All of the above were word processed by yours truly. If you have sent me mail recently (in the last few months), the reason I haven't answered it yet is because the mail system is clogged and I can only send out a few letters at a time... Working to keep the SF [G] sections the best, ***** BIOC Agent 003 *=$=* Co-Sysop *****=-FARGO 4A-= Found: NEED MORE TIME? Msg left by: BIOC AGENT 003 Posted: TUE JAN 15 8:32:39 PM Trivia for Time --------------- This is something that we will be doing frequently in the future. Below are several questions (5). The answers are names of famous phreaks hackers. Here are the prizes: 1st person to answer *ALL* 5 questions *CORRECTLY* will receive 30 minutes extra on his time. 2nd person will receive 20 minutes. 3rd person will receive 10 minutes. The first 10 people to answer 4 or more correctly will receive 5 minutes each and anyone ansering 3 correctly will receive 2 minutes (first 10). Send all responses to Phreak [F]eedback. The questions: [1] This pioneer phreak used "Charlie" to Hack codes for WATS extenders. Who is he? [2] This computer security expert, who works in Menlo Park, California, has written books such as "Fighting Computer Crime" and "Crime by Computer." Who is he? [3] This phreak started off hacking telex, has written "The Hacker's Anthem" and is currently the publisher of TAP. Who is he? [4] This hacker at MIT's AI Lab was once quoted as saying "philosphically, we don't believe in property rights..." Who is he? [5] This co-founder of a large computer company used the pseudonym "Berkeley Blue," and once said "you really can't do it (hacking) much past 20 or so." Who is he? -- Once again, send all entries to Phreak [Fleedback. -- The judges decisions are final. Look for more TRIVIA FOR TIME in the future. Winners will be posted. Excelsior, ***** BIOC Agent 003 *=$=* Co-Sysop *****=-FARGO 4A-= PS All answers can be found in the [G] sections! Found: INTERESTING... Msg left by: THE BAUD BARON Posted: WED JAN 16 11:12:09 PM Hello everyone, My first time on this BBS..looks pretty descent. Anyways, onto the subject of this post. OK say you want to get into COSMOS for whatever reason...well, why not try this approach: Call your standard 0 operator and act paniky and say "uhhh hello I need to make an emergency call and it's long distance and the number is busy and the area code is 914 and help!"...the operator will say, "OK well calm down..I first must tell you that if the line is not busy I will have to bill you for an operator-relayed call" (At this point you should make sure that you give her the number to a BBS like this one that is constantly busy)...now eventually (the operator will start dialing all kinds of other people stuff) someone pick up the phone...this is (or should be) an inward...you then blast their brains out with a 1000hz tone that you got onto tape by calling the 1000hz test line 301-256-9907. Now, if all goes well you will get a carrier and be put into the middle of COSMOS! The Baud Baron Found: BOXING INFO. Msg left by: X-MAN Posted: THU JAN 17 7:24:49 AM Just a note to those of you w/ boxes who are having problems completing the overseas dialing sequence. I personally don't like overseas extenders; the connections are too lousy. anyways, you are all familiar with the method of overseas boxing, right? Well, as many of you in 914 probably know, you do not have enough time to complete the overseas call without getting a message "were sorry, etc." Anyways, don't try to get an Inward to do it; her overseas sending button literally gets stuck...though she is equipped to send the call, she can't (only calls in her area code [prefix (s) sometimes, if additional routing is required]). Instead, a beter and more efficient method is to dial KP+160 + XXX+ST where XXX is 3 digits, and 0 is padded to the RIGHT. For example, to dial Italy, you would send KP+160+390+ST. If the country code is 3 digits long, then the 0 is not need (ex. 599 for St. Maarten would be KP+160+599+ST) These operators help in overseas assistance; do not tell them that you are the operator. They will ask for the number; give them the country code, city code, and number. Then, when they ask for the number you are calling from give them something in the 99XX area of numbers (this is the # that the call will be billed to). Often they ask if the number is a coinbox, since they do not recieve a fortress screening on their TSPS consoles, but the 99XX looks like a fortress, so just answer no. Then your call will be completed. For those who are on coardboard (I do not imagine too many) an NPA must be included before the 160. I find that when boxing off of my 800 number, the easiest way to find out where the number falls out is by dialing KP+121+ST after the kerchunk, then saying, "Hello, is this the 303 inward (make any up)? When they say no, tell them you are terribly confused, which Inward is this? They will tell you their A/C. Then next time you dial KP + 160+XXX+ST, just give them a 99XX number in the area code that you found out; often it makes the story look a bit more believable. By the way, I know I have been saying it a while, but my blue box article is just about done, I have to just change some spelling errors and minor stuff. That is all. X-Man the Legion Of Doom! Phreak Advisor SF /// Found: OH WHERE.... Msg left by: Anonymous Posted: SAT JAN 19 9:36:25 AM Where did all the posters go? Found: NEED HELP W/COSMOS Msg left by: Anonymous Posted: SAT JAN 19 5:05:20 PM ??????????????????????????????????????? ? WHAT IS THE ACCESS NUMBER FOR COSMO ? Found: THIS ROTS! Msg left by: PHONE FIEND Posted: SUN JAN 20 3:06:59 AM On a BBS that is as busy as this one always is, you would expect more messages. Especially more quality. Two messages back, someone mentioned how no one was posting. Did he post anything? NO! All he did was complain, what the fuck are you doing complaining! If you don't like it the way it is do what you can to improve it. As far as the Annonymous addresse of the previous message is concerned, do you expect info when you are too embarassed to tell us your handle. As far as COSMOS is concerned, you probably aren't ready to hack it yet. COSMOS is not a system to fool around with. Before attempting to hack COSMOS you should be an experienced hacker, fluent in UNIX and is possible fluent in 'C'. Fluent in UNIX does not mean knowing that "ls" will give you a directory. It is knowing all the commands and syscalls, including the ones user aren't supposed to know. IBM users, why don't you log on to the IBM board, its lucky if it sees one message a week! Don't give up because no one else it posting, post interesting thinks and try to get discussions going. I would like to hear from any "C" programmers. It wouldn't pay to add a "C" subboard as the PASCAL subboard is barely used. Perhaps we would be best off using it as a language board. For now I will post all "C" related info on the PASCAL board, I would appreciate it if some of you would join me. Let's see if we can do something to improve this board! pf Found: PBX??? Msg left by: THE WARLOCK Posted: MON JAN 21 12:34:50 AM Is this a PBX? 415-777-0447 I think it is, but I'ld like a second opinion.... the Warlock Found: PBX.... Msg left by: THE BAUD BARON Posted: MON JAN 21 6:47:22 AM Warlock: Haven't called whatever it was that you posted, but see if (312) 398-3875 matches with it. 398-3875 is a true pbx (code 1234) The Baud Baron Found: NUMBER FOR YA Msg left by: THE VISITOR Posted: SUN JAN 13 9:40:53 PM DIAL 1-800-583-9558 WHEN CONNECTED (CR) RS REQUEST:WX (CR) (CR) USERNAME:CARD PASSWORD:CARD THIS IS ONLY A SYSTEM INTRO, BUT HAVE PHUN. Found: CC AND OTHER INFO Msg left by: JIM MORRISON Posted: THU JAN 17 11:12:26 AM Elinore Johnson 4825 1911 5825 2047 Exp : 5/1985 Type : Visa Call:312-545-0005 Set your modem for 1200 baud, and set the Parity to 'Even', then, when you have a carrier, hit ESC and your in basic... -------- [......] Rest [.1943.] In [......] Peace [..to..] [......] [.1971.] James D. [......] Morrison -------- [-= The Morrison Hotel =-] [-= 312-439-8369 =-] ^^^^^^^^^^^^ Found: A TELENET # Msg left by: SHOOTING SHARK Posted: SAT JAN 19 3:01:18 AM his is a long one, but: C 030209200233 blogin umbbs The UM stands for University of Manitoba. **Shooting Shark The Underground /ex Found: E.RAMAPO NUMBER Msg left by: THE EXTENDER Posted: SAT JAN 19 5:12:13 PM HERE IS A NUMBER THAT BELONGS TO THE EAST RAMAPO SCHOOL DISTRICT. 914-623-0359 THE EXTENDER Found: READ ON BOARD 1 Msg left by: PROF.FALKEN Posted: SUN JAN 20 10:54:40 PM *************************************** * Read message "ITS BACK" on general * * board... * * * * Prof.Falken * *************************************** Found: NEW MM!!!!!! Msg left by: CAP'N BYTE Posted: SAT JAN 12 8:58:12 PM TO ALL: THE NEW MICROMAFIA IS BEING FORMED UNDER NEW LEADERS AND A NEW PLAN.....THIS WILL BE A VERY ELITE CLUB FROM NOW ON!!! CONSISTING OF: CRASHING PHREAKING TRADING MUCH MUCH MORE..... ONLY 25 POSITIONS IN ALL.....EVERYONE RECEIVES A TITLE BASED ON CAPABILITIES ON ANY OF THE ABOVE SUBJECTS.... THERE ARE 4 TITLES FOR THE THREE NAMED ABOVE--- ONE IS HEAD REST ARE HONORS! WE NEED ONLY THE TOP DUDES ON THE EAST COAST!!! --- DONT APPLY IF YOU CANT LIVE UP TO TOP NOTCH STATUS!!! YOU MUST LIST YOUR QUALIFICATIONS IN AN E-MAIL MAIL TO: CAP'N BYTE AND YOU WILL BE PROCEEDED (IF I THINK YOUR CONDITIONS ARE GOOD ENOUGH) TO THE 5 PRESIDENTS AND THEN (IF PASSED) TO BE VOTED ON BY EXISTING MEMBERS (ONLY 8) IN 2 WEEKS!!!! THIS IS NOT THE SAME MM!!! WE WILL BE GETTING A NEW NAME AS WELL......A SECRET ORGANAZATION THAT WILL BE THE MOST RESPECTED.....FEARED.....AND BEST ON THE EAST COAST!!!! NO ONE EXCEPT MEMBERS WILL KNOW THE NAME AND CONDITIONS OF THE GROUP........ALSO SPIES!!!! WE NEED 3 GOOD MEN TO ACT AS SPIES!!! NOTE: YOU MAY HOLD ONLY ONE POSITION BUT MAY BE A SPY AS WELL!!! WE NOW HAVE A TOTAL OF 15 SUB BOARDS IN THE NY/NJ/CONN AREA AND 3 MORE OUTSIDE OF IT.........YOU WILL BE NOTIFIED UPON ACCEPTION TO BE VOTED UPON AND IF YOU WIN AND WHAT POST YOU WIN!!!!! NOTHING TO LOSE.....JUST TO WIN!!!! SO APPLE TODAY!! CUMBACK 85 Found: STUFF4U Msg left by: CAP'N BYTE Posted: MON JAN 14 6:28:47 PM All junk here: T-REX CHRONICLES OF NARNIA KING'S QUEST BEAGLE GRAPHICS STATION 5 OLD SHIT: Short Circuit I/0 Silver D-Code (NEW) softdox extraordinaire........ TRADE! TRADE! TRADE!!!! See above msg for details on joining the NEW mm!!! Found: CEMETARY IS DOWN (YEA..) Msg left by: Anonymous Posted: WED JAN 16 6:45:24 AM WELL THAT PIECE OF SHIT BBS IS FINALLY DOWN!! THANK GOD!!! I GUESS THOSE TWO MOTHER FUCKERS GOT THE HINT AND DECIDED TO GIVE THE PUBLIC A BREAK!!! NOW THE 2 WORST BBS' IN THE COUNTRY NO LONGER EXIST THANKS TO INTELLIGENT PEOPLE AND COMPUTER USERS NOT CALLING! HERE IS THIER HOME PHONE #. 914-238-8806 BE SURE TO CALL LATE OR EARLY IN THE MORNING!! THE FLY AND GRIM-REAPER DESERVE THIS SINCE THEY ARE LITTLE FAGGOTS AND BRATS !!! Found: EXTENDER'S STUFF Msg left by: THE EXTENDER Posted: THU JAN 17 8:18:25 PM NEWEST STUFF: BRAIN GAMES GRAPHICS MAGICIAN 2E GRAPHICS EXHIBITOR T.REX THE EXTENDER Found: TIME.... Msg left by: THE EXTERMINATOR Posted: FRI JAN 18 6:00:14 PM I'M JUST ABOUT OUT OF TIME,S0 IF ANYONE OUT THERE WANTS TO PIRATE (CATSEND 3.0, DISKFER,TELEPORTER,ANYTHING...) THEN CONTACT ME (EMAIL) AT 512-834-9016. THE A.Y.C. /EXT EMPORER OF THE UNKNOWN UNIVERSE. /EXT Found: WE WANT YOU! Msg left by: Anonymous Posted: FRI JAN 18 6:38:07 PM IF YOU DONT COME TO US...WE'LL COME LOOKING FOR YOU... TO OF OUR BBS SCOUTS WILL BE SCOUTING AROUND... LOOKING FOR THE TOP PIRATES IN THE WORLD OF BBSING " " " " PHREAKS " " " " " " " " " CRACKERS/DISTRIBUTERS...TOP ANYTYHING!!! IF YOU RECEIVE AN E-MAIL STATING ONLY: "WE WANT YOU!!!" ITS YOUR CHANCE TO GET IN TO THE "MICROMAFIA" WITHOUT ANY APPLICATION...ANY VOTING...ANY ANYTHING...JUST SAY "YES" AND YOU ARE IN (TITLE AND EVERYTHING) REMEMBER : KEEP THOSE APPLICATIONS COMING IN... IF YOU GET A "WE WANT YOU!" REPLY IMMEDIATELY WITH A YES , OR A NO!! THANKS THE MM CAP'N BYTE DARK KNIGHT PETER GUNN SIR KRAK-A-LOT Found: NEW HAWKS' Msg left by: GREY HAWK Posted: SUN JAN 20 2:22:92 AM Gemstone Warrior J-Adventure Disk Muncher 2.0,3.1,6.0 AE 4.41 T.Rex D.D.D.2.0 Leave E-mail to... Grey Hawk I'm lookin for Pirate's Signature 1.1 Call the Hawk's Nest AE line 617 - 828 - 4882 pw=HAWK lateron .q Found: INCREDIBLE NEW MOD Msg left by: THE GODFATHER Posted: SUN JAN 20 12:07:15 PM The pirate's chest (617) 891-1349 * 20 megabytes * 2 lines * 300/1200 baud accepted * word wrap with type-a-head buffer and the first on line conference that lets you talk to the who ever the other user is on the board. this conference is instantanious. no disk files involved. as soon as you press return, you message is sent to the other user. try it out!!!! call (617) 891-1349 (trial passwords with full access are given for free) 40,000+ CALLS. Found: GHOSTBUSTER AC# Msg left by: CAP'N BYTE Posted: SUN JAN 20 12:56:14 PM I DON'T KNOW IF THIS IS KNOWN OR NOT BUT: IN ORDER TO GET 121,000 DOLLARS IN "GHOSTBUSTERS" USE THIS ACCOUNT NUMBER (FOR SOME GODDAMN REASON SOME KID GOT IT ON A C-64 AND IT WORKS ON THE APPLE!) THE NAME SHOULD BE LAST:ROSEN FIRST:BRIAN (1 DONT KNOW IF YOU CAN USE ANY NAME OR WHAT) SAY YES FOR ACCOUNT NUMBER AND TYPE IN: 31654504 MMQUICKIE*1 HAVE PHUN! BYTE /EX Found: ANYBODY OUT THERE?? Msg left by: DARK ONE Posted: MON JAN 14 12:55:12 AM Hey!!! Is there anybody out there that has a Mac, or whatever?? I'm sure there must be, or there wouldn't be a special board just for us... C'mon, let's get some dialog going back and forth here... And not just stuff about how much more stuff ya got than the rest of us, but some cool stuff like protection schemes on the Mac, new software, and more! LET'S GET GOING!! The Dark One.