Subject: Startreck Story:First Contact
From: [email-masked] (NikoWhite)
Date: 19 Dec 1994 18:15:20 -0500
Newsgroups: alt.startrek.creative

Author's Notes:  This story is probably pretty bad.  PLEASE do
not flame me because I am extremely good at ignoring such things.  All
constructive and helpful mail is thankfuly accepted, as long as it is
not mindless.  Last note:   The "B" key seems to have developed a nasty
tendency to not register.  Try words you do not understand by putting
in a "B".

EXT Shot:   Enterprise Zooming through space at usual angle.
Picard(V.O.):  Captain's log, Stardate 47923.8; The enterprise is
currently on route to the Gamma psi 60 system, to investigate a report
of a race with space-warp capibilities.
 Cut to
INT bridge

Nameless ensign1 (ens1):  We are approaching the gamma psi 60 system.
Riker:    Captain Picard to the bridge.
<PICARD ENTERS FROM READY ROOM>
Picard:    Report, number 1.
Riker:  We are approching the gamma psi 60 system.
Worf:  Sir, A distress signal from the gamma psi 59 sytstem, about 1
light year from the Gamma psi 60 system!
Picard:  On screen.
<Tiny ship appears>
Picard:  Magnify.
<Ship appears much bigger now, It looks a lot like the saucer section
of the enterprise, except much smaller. It is being attacked by a
Romulan Warbird, and there is debris from another Warbird
scattered around, emiting nasty radiation.
Picard:  The Romulans?
Worf:  The distress signal is from the smaller ship.
Picard:  Capabilities of smaller ship?
Worf:  They have no primary weapons capable of destroying the Romulans,
since their weapons consist primarily of a lot of lazers, however, a
small trail-blazing weapon seems to consist of zinc-sulfur powder,
extreamly degrading to Romulan metals.  It seems that they have
already destroyed an agressive Warbird, and expended all their torps
there.
Data:  Intriuging. They seem to be the very aliens we were looking for.
The primary metals and plastics in their hull have em-traces native
only to gamma psi 60 III.
Worf:  They seem to have built another torpedo.
Data:  This one seems to be diffrent.
Picard:  Diffrent? How?
Data:  It is made of a shield-disruptive metal. The metal seems to have
properties that absorb the shields like a sponge absorbs water.  I am
detecting
a large quantity in gas form in the air of the first planet in this
system.
Picard:  So that's why the Romulans are here.
Worf:  They are firing the torpedo.
<Cool SFX makes the shields glow green when hit and disrupt, looking
like the disruptor when it hits a person.>
Worf:  I am reading a huge energy biuldup in a large opening in the
foreward portion of their ship.
Data:  It appears that they have used precise
angles of silvered and half-silvered glass to tune all the lazers in
that portion of the ship to a single stream. In effect, they have
created a "Super-lazer".
Picard:  You mean the're going to blast the Romulans with that
thing?(What! Before he hails them! That's unheard of! :  -> )
Data:  It would appear so, sir.
<Ship fires, Rommies explode in a huge display of special effects.>
Worf:  They have much honor.
Data:  Intriuging.
Picard:  Hail them.
Strange writing appears on screen (Darn, Never happened before...

       __      ___
 |\/| |__|   /|  /
 |__| |  | /__|/ 

Picard:  Data...
Data:  Now swiching on universal translator.
	___
 |  |  |__   |\  |
 |__|  |     |  \|

(Yes, the UFN is a real orginization, No, such ships do, NOT really
exist, though. :  -< )

	______   ______    ____     ____      ______
       |           |      |     \  /             |
       |____       |      |     |  \             |
       |           |      |___ /     \           |
       |           |      |  \         \         |
       |           |      |   |       /          |
       |        ___|___   |   |   __/            |
  C       O       N       T       A       C       T
					
		    ---PART 2/?---

INT Bridge of other vessel
	<Looks Like a platform for Captain, First officer, and CMO
suspended above a pit with helm and conn in the pit and sicence, tactical
and
engineering on the middle level. Ramps lead up and down (From the
platform and pit). Several namless ensigns are scurrying around, And
the CMO (Cmdr. Kristen Schmiel {from now on called K. to avoid confusion
with Capt. Tristan of security, now called T.} ) is in command, after
having
seemingly won the battle, she hits the intercom.
K:  Fleet Admiral Graham to the bridge.  Niko to bridge.
Cut to
INT Niko's quarters
Niko(muttering to himself):  I wish she'd call me by my rank.
<Begins searching for his uniform>
Cut to bridge, UFN ship.
<K yeilds the command chair to Niko, Graham takes enginering, T comes
in to take tactical.
K (to T who she has an ancient bout with, for reasons best left
unexplained.):    About time. We had to have one of these raw ensigns at
tatical because you were slow geting down.
Niko:  Report, please.
K:  We had another run-in with those pesky Romulans, trying to steal the
TRI'KIANNA from the III planet. 
Niko:  So why was I summoned? That's as close to routine as anything can
be these days...
K:  There is an unidentified ship that hailed us. I put them on hold.
Niko:  Sicence?
Ens1:  It apears to be a federation Galaxy-Class starship.  The
federation flagship  if i'm not mistaken.
Niko:   Magnify the lettering on the ship and put it on the screen.
<The whole front wall lights up to show the saucer section, and
lettering:   NCC-1701-D----USS ENTERPRISE>
Niko:  Thank you, Ensign.
Ens1:  No problem sir.
Cut to
INT enterprise bridge.
<Viewscreen shows lettering 'UFN' with the words 'HOLD' flashing.
Suddenly screen Blinks to life. Shows UFN ship bridge, Niko standing.>
Niko:  USS Enterprise, this is UFN Stellar, UNSS-5752, Fleet Admiral
Niko White Commanding and speaking.
<Niko salutes, Bringing his hand, thumb folded in, index and middle
finger out, first to his forehead and then out and back down on his
chest, K, T, and Graham then do the same thing.>
Picard:  I am Captain Jean-Luc Picard, USS Enterprise, NCC-1701-D.
<Picard akwardly copies the salute, banging his chest rather painfuly
in the process.>
Picard:  We were on-route to your system.  If you are going back, we
will acompany you.
Niko:  Thank You.  If you would care to dine over here, we will be
having dinner at twenty-hundred thirty hours.
Picard:  Me and my senior staff will gladly accept.
<View screen clicks off>
Riker:  They're all children!

	______    ______     ____       ____    ______
       |             |      |    \     /    \      |
       |____         |      |     |     \          |
       |             |      |____/        \        |
       |             |      |  \            \      |
       |             |      |   |          /       |
       |          ___|__    |   |     __ /         |
	C       O       N       T       A       C       T
		       ***PART 3***

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
-------------------------------------------------------
Niko White                                      |The only thing we have to
fear is fear itself.  That,
UFN Fleet Admiral                            | and Aliens 3.
KC Palace                                     
|__________________________________________
KC, UFN