Subject: Archive Submission: Star Trek Master Timeline

From: [email-masked] (Kuo-Sheng Chang)
Date: Mon, 5 Apr 93 21:35:12 -0700

-----
Howdy there.  Would much appreciate if you can post this for me sometime,
as somehow my posting rights are screwed up on this end...  If possible
please cross-post into r.a.s.tech and/or r.a.s.misc?  Much obliged.
--Kasey Chang
-----

              S T A R   T R E K   M A S T E R   T I M E L I N E

                            by Kasey K.S. Chang

                Part A of THE ULTIMATE STAR TREK REFERENCE

                     ST:TNG Season 6 Update 3: 4/5/93

           Now includes information from _Star Trek Chronology_!

Part 1    READ THIS FIRST

WHY ANOTHER TIMELINE?
     Simple, I am STILL not satisfied with what I have read so far.
     Before the OFFICIAL _Star Trek Chronology: The History of the Future_
(STC) by Michael and Denise Okuda, the best timeline available was the one
by Stone and Finkas.  Unfortunately, the Stones and Finkas timeline (SFT
from now on) only refer to the events that have been referenced to
onscreen, thus ignoring any offscreen evidence, such as the TNG Tech Manual
(TNGTM).  STC refered to the implied dates, but ignored all novels and TAS.
I fully understand that there are people who consider only the screened
evidence "canon".  However, with _Star Trek Chronology_ in print, there is
more to be considered as "canon".
     I decided to explore the bigger picture, presenting all evidence, but
weighted screened evidence heavier than the other evidences available.  All
entries are documented and attributed, so you can ignore the unscreened
evidence at your leisure.
     This timeline was not designed to be the timeline to end all
timelines, so indubitably there are timelines that are more comprehensive
than mine.  As for authenticity...  Only the one being written by the
Okudas will be more official than this one.

FORMAT OF TIMELINE
     I have incorporated BOTH Stardate and OED (Old Earth Date a.k.a.
Gregorian Date) year references into the timeline.  If a Stardate is given,
it is noted, with an estimated OED year given.  All events are sorted by
approximate year, then Stardate, unless Stardate is clearly incorrect.
     I have attempted to incorporate all screened Star Trek sources
available, including The Original Series (TOS), The Animated Series (TAS),
The Movies, (ST:TMP, ST2-6), The Next Generation (TNG) (as many episodes as
I can), and now, Deep Space Nine (DS9).  Occasionally you will find
references to some after-market books such as the TNG Tech Manual, TNG
Companion, and ST Chronology. Those will be clearly labeled as such so you
can ignore them as you wish.  Also, in the TNG section, some TNG comics are
included for completeness's sake.  Titles of the TNG novels are in the TNG
section as well, plus occasionally a reference to a TOS novel or two .
     When events conflict in timing, emphasis is placed in the following
order: TOS/TNG/Movies, TAS, TNG Companion, Star Trek Chronology (STC), TNG
Tech Manual, everything else (novels, other tech references, etc.).  The
source in front is assumed to be "more canonical" than those in the back,
and thus overrules "less canonical" sources if there is a conflict.

ORGANIZATION
     **   READ THIS FIRST     This section that you are reading now
     **   TIMELINE            The timeline itself
     **   APPENDIX            Appendix, abbreviations and bibliography
     **   EXPLANATIONS        Explanations of how I got what I got
     **   FOOTNOTES           To the timeline, additional explanations

DISCLAIMER
     Placement of all events within the Star Trek time frame is solely my
own interpretation except for events which were dated within the show
proper and/or official sources.  Dates are based on best evidence
available.  As new information becomes available timeline will be updated.
     I have no involvement with Paramount Studios or the TNG office, nor do
I have special access to information not available to the public.  All
sources are documented as shown.  Bibliography is in the appendix.
     I do not claim to have included every major event documented in the
Star Trek universe.  If I missed some "major" events, let me know.
     "Star Trek", "Star Trek: The Next Generation", "ENTERPRISE", and
various other names are trademarks of Paramount Studios, all rights
reserved.  Used for reference/ non-profit purposes only.
     All sources cited in this article were referenced to the best of my
ability.  I apologize for any that I have missed; any omission on my part
is not intentional, and should be brought to my attention so they can be
corrected.  Bibliography is in the appendix.

DISTRIBUTION NOTICE
     This timeline may be distributed freely subjected to these conditions:
     1) This notice and author's name must accompany all copies of the
timeline.  "Star Trek Master Timeline" is copyrighted (c) 1991-1993 by
Kasey K.S. Chang, all rights reserved except as noted in the disclaimer.
     2) This timeline must NOT be modified in any form or manner without
prior permission from the author with two exceptions: conversion of the
archive format is not considered a modification (ZIP to ARJ, for example),
and convert to other text file types are not either, if no content changes
are made (only appearance changes).
     3) No charge other than "reasonable" compensation be charged for its
distribution.  (Free is preferred, of course.)
     4) If you quote this timeline, PLEASE attribute your source, otherwise
you have committed plagiarism.

Comments, suggestions, and such should be sent to:

Kasey K.S. Chang                   PC-Link        : Ksc1
2220 Turk Blvd. Apt.6              America On-Line: Ksc1
San Francisco, CA 94118            Promenade      : Ksc1

InterNet e-mail at [email-masked] (perferred, checked once a week) or
[email-masked] (school account, checked more often, may expire).

Thank you for your attention.  Let's now get to the story.

S T A R  T R E K  M A S T E R  T I M E L I N E
     by Kasey K.S. Chang
     Last update: 4/5/93

PART 2 : TIMELINE

Note: All "circa" year references should have +/- 3 years margin of error.

Stardate  Year  Event
--------+-----+-------------------------------------------------------
c15 billion yr The known universe was formed in a massive explosion known
                 as "The Big Bang", after which the matter and energy
                 condensed into the universe as we know it today. 1
c6 billion yr  The Guardian of Forever was built by a mysterious race. 2
c5 billion yr  A star started to condense out of the nebular gases, forming
                 Sol and the rest of the solar system. 3
c2 billion yr  The civilization on Tagus III flourished at this time.  Its
                 ruins, closed off since 23rd century, remains of interest
                 to archaeologists.  (TNG:"Qpid") 4
               Single-celled organisms evolved on Earth 5
c1 billion yr  The Slaver Empire fell in a massive intergalactic war that
                 destroyed all intelligent life in the galaxy.
                 (TAS:"The Slaver Weapon")
    1741647 BC Final survivors of "The Makers" from Andromeda Galaxy died,
                 leaving an outpost filled with android population in our
                 galaxy.  Harry Mudd came upon their world in 2265 and they
                 declared him Mudd the First.  (TOS:"I, Mudd")
millions of    Inhabitants of planet Organia transformed from humanoid
years ago        body to beings of pure energy  6
    c600000 BC Arretians (Sargon's people) appears to have colonized the
                 Milky Way at this point (TOS:"Return to Tomorrow")
               Age of Makto.  The Tkon Empire, a large and technologically
                 advanced civilization, was destroyed when the Tkon's home
                 star went nova.  All that survived are several outposts,
                 including one at the Delphi Ardu system.
                 (TNG:"The Last Outpost")
    c500000 BC A great war broke out between among the possible pregenators
                 of all humanoid species in this galaxy.  Survivors from
                 both sides: Sargon, Thalassa, and Henoch, preserved their
                 minds in receptacles on planet Arret, which contained no
                 atmosphere as a result of the war.
                 (TOS:"Return to Tomorrow")
               Civilization flourished on Bajor at this time.
                 (TNG:"Ensign Ro")  7
               The star Exo started fading, eventually rendering the
                 surface of Exo III uninhabitable.  The civilization
                 retreated underground, and constructed androids to assist.
                 (TOS:"What Are Little Girls Made Of?") 8
               The inhabitants of Talos IV were nearly wiped out by a war
                 "thousands of centuries ago".  The surface became
                 uninhabitable, and survivors retreated underground.  They
                 started developing telepath. 9
    c300000 BC The Borg, possible descendents/survivors of the war of
                 c500000BC, developed their uni-mind structure and
                 cybernetic implant technology.  In their effort to perfect
                 themselves, they started absorbing other civilizations.
                 (TNG:"Q Who?")
    c200000 BC The Iconian civilization flourished and influenced many
                 cultures, but was destroyed around this time when all
                 major cities on Iconia were damaged by large-scale orbital
                 bombardment. (TNG:"Contagion")  10
     c50000 BC Bele begins his hunt for Lokai about this point.
                 (TOS:"Let This Be Your Last Battlefield")
               The Horta of Janus VI begin their latest cycle of rebirth at
                 about this time.  (TOS:"Devil in the Dark") 11
               "The Preservers", possible progenators of life in this
                 galaxy, encountered the Borg.  The resulting war
                 devastated large parts of the galaxy.
               The Preservers, attempting to turn the tide, developed "The
                 Doomsday Machine", on the other side of the galaxy, beyond
                 "The Great Energy Barrier".  A prototype capable of warp 4
                 (TOS scale) was released on a trial basis.
               The Preservers within the galaxy were wiped out (?) by the
                 Borg.  Too weak to go on, the surviving Preservers
                 withered away to be no more than spirits, that haunted the
                 now finished "Doomsday Machine" Mark II.
               (TNGN:"Vendetta")  12
     c25000 BC The first of at least 947 archaeological expeditions to
                 Tagus III was conducted.  (TNG:"Qpid") 13
               The Trill began living as a "joined species".
                 (TNG:"The Host") 14
     c10000 BC Val on Gamma Trianguli VI was built around this time.
                 (TOS:"The Apple") 15
               A race of intelligent spacefaring organisms became nearly
                 extinct some millennia ago.  They formed symbiotic
                 relationships with humanoid lifeforms that lived within
                 their bodies, thus serving as "living spaceships".  The
                 last surviving specimen is an individual that called
                 itself Gomtuu (known as Tin Man to the Federation).
                 (TNG:"Tin Man") 16
      c8000 BC Star Fabrina shows instability.  The inhabitants of the
                 planet built a generation ship/dyson sphere called Yonada
                 to carry its descendent to a new world.  17
                 (TOS:"For the World is Hollow and I Have Touched the Sky")
               Kalandans constructed a moon for colonization, at this time.
                 (TOS:"That Which Survives") 18
      c6500 BC Zakdorns started to be considered by fellow spacefaring
                 races as the master of strategy and combat.  Their
                 reputation was not challenged for the next 9000 years.
                 (TNG:"Peak Performance") 19
      c4000 BC Landru of Beta III in C-111 chose to construct a computer to
                 continue providing guidance to the planet as if he is
                 still alive. (TOS:"Return of the Archons") 20
               Unknown aliens took several humans from Earth to be raised
                 on a distant planet at this time, their descendent to be
                 trained for eventual return to Earth to prevent Earth from
                 destroying itself. (TOS:"Assignment: Earth") 21
               Human civilization developed in the Sumer region of Nile
                 river valley on Earth.  22
               Progenitors of Aldea in Epsilon Mynos system installed a
                 cloaking shield around the planet, controlled by a
                 computer known as "The Custodian".  23
                 (TNG:"When the Bough Breaks"
       3834 BC Birth of Flint the immortal in Mesopotamia as Akharin, a
                 foot soldier (TOS:"Requiem For Methuselah")
      c3700 BC Spock and McCoy was trapped on the planet Sarpeidon at about
                 this time by the "atavachron" (TOS:"All Our Yesterdays")
      c2700 BC Humanoids from Pollux IV arrived on Earth.  Terrans regarded
                 them as gods, and the classical literature of that time
                 eventually referred to them as the Olympian Gods of Greek
                 and Roman mythology.  (TOS:"Who Mourns For Adonis?")
       c400 BC Parmen and entourage arrived on Earth, where they studied
                 the philosopher Plato.  They left after approximately 200
                 years (c200 BC) and founded Platonius.  24
                 (TOS:"Plato's Stepchildren")
       c200 BC Spock's ancestors adopted ceremonial ground which remained,
                 used for mating rituals.  (TOS:"Amok Time") 25
        c67 BC Birth of Surak, of Vulcan, "father of all we became",
                 founder of the "logic" movement on Vulcan
                 (TOSN:"The Romulan Way")
         22 BC Vulcan delegation met the Ethoshans at Shi'Khar, Vulcan in
                 friendship.  The Ethoshans turned out to be shock troops,
                 capturing or killing all the delegates.  The survivors are
                 held for outrageous amounts of ransom.
               Vulcan declared "The War" on the pirates
               S'Task, pupil of Surak, one of the captured delegates,
                 engineered escape, and crashed the slave ship into the
                 Ethoshan mothership, killing thousands of pirates in the
                 process, and the invasion has been halted
               S'Task's disagreement with his teacher split Vulcan society,
                 resulting in riots and small wars
               (TOSN: "The Romulan Way")
          c1   Approximate date of the Vulcan Reformation. 26
          c65  Vulcan Colonization group, lead by S'Task, left Vulcan in
                 search for a new, pure beginning.  The ships include
                 REA'S HELM, WARBIRD, STARCATCHER, T'HIE, PENNON,
                 BLOODWING, CORONA, LANCE, GORGET, SUNHEART, FORGE,
                 LOST ROAD, BLACKLIGHT, FIRESTORM, VENGEANCE, MEMORY, and
                 SHIELD.  They will not be heard from again in 2000 years.
                 (TOSN:"The Romulan Way")
          c125 The Vulcan Colonization group (c65) came upon the Trianguli
                 cluster and 128 Trianguli system.  Only four of the
                 original seventeen ships survived the journey.  They will
                 be the ancestors of who are known later as the "Romulans".
                 (TOSN:"The Romulan Way")
          c350 Kaelonians adopted "The Resolution" as part of their
                 tradition.  All members of society must commit ritual
                 suicide by the age of 60.  (TNG:"Half a Life") 27
          c500 Society of 892-IV developed a culture similar to Earth's
                 ancient Rome, and are later known as the "Magna Romans".
                 (TOS:"Bread and Circuses")
          c625 Mohammed began writing the Koran, which will become the
                 foundation of Islam. (History)
          c760 A member of the Metron civilization was born at about this
                 time, who in 2266 incapacitated the Enterprise and a Gorn
                 ship attempting to end a conflict between the two by
                 allowing the commander of both vessels to engage in
                 physical combat.  (TOS:"Arena") 28
          c865 Civil War breaks out on Solais V, which would rage for the
                 next fifteen centuries. (TNG:"Loud as a Whisper")
         c1200 War destroyed planet Zetar, leaving several inhabitants to
                 wander the galaxy as mental forces of light, search for
                 bodies to possess so they may live again.
                 (TOS:"Lights of Zetar")
         c1350 Battle of Aurelius IX, where the Menthas and the Promelians
                 fought their final battle in a legendary interstellar war.
                 (TNG:"Booby Trap")
         c1367 "Ardra", a female representation of "the devil", allegedly
                 struck a deal with the natvies of Bentax II so they will
                 gain 1000 years of peace and prosperity in exchange for
                 their souls and eternal slavery at the end of the period.
                 (TNG:"Devil's Due")
         c1368 Kataan sun went nova.  All that reamined were a probe, which
                 was encountered by NCC-1701-D a thousand years later.
                 (TNG: "Inner Light")
         c1400 Ruling family of Ramatis system was found centuries ago to
                 lack the genes for developement of hearing.  A Chorus of
                 interpreters both hear and speak for the ruling family.
                 (TNG:"Loud as a Whisper") 29
               Ardana's inhabitants built a city in the clouds named
                 Stratos at around this time.  30
         c1500 Inhabitants ot planet Thasus evolved beyond bodies of solid
                 matter into beings of pure energy.  (TOS:"Charlie X") 31
          1609 Galileo Galilei constructed Earth's first astronomical
                 telescope.  (history) 32
          1616 (Great Britain, Terra) HMS ENTERPRISE sent to find an
                 alternate naval route to the Orient (Asia), but was
                 destroyed near India by a hurricane
         c1700 Civil War started centuries ago on Daled IV.  A young woman,
                 whose parents each came from the two warring factions, is
                 later raised on a neutral planet in the hope of bring
                 peace to the planet. (TNG:"The Dauphin") 33
          1760 (United States, Terra) USS ENTERPRISE, 12 gun sloop,
                 captured on Lake Champaign by United States patriots in
                 1775, captained by General Benedict Arnold in the
                 Revolutionary War.  Self-destructed in 1777 to prevent
                 capture by British Royal Navy
         c1760 Eminiar VII and Vendikar started their interplanetary war.
                 After many years, the actual fighting was replaced by
                 computer control, with casualties reporting to
                 disintegration chambers when instructed to.
                 (TOS:"A Taste of Armageddon")
         c1750 Alien anthropologists called the Preservers visited planet
                 Earth.  They judged Earth's American Indians to be in
                 dnager of extinction, and transplanted a small group to a
                 distant planet.  (TOS:"The Paradise Syndrome") 34
               Beta Portolan system was overcome by mass insanity, which
                 appears to be the same affliction that affected Deneva in
                 2267.  (TOS:"Operation: Annihilate!") 35
               Colonists from Peliar Zel migrated to the world's two moons,
                 and the two colonies have strained relationship ever
                 since.  (TNG:"The Host") 36
               Hundreds of condemned criminals from Ux-Mal was dumped on a
                 moon of the planet Mabu VI.  The prisoners have their
                 consciousness separated from their bodies, leaving their
                 soul to drift in the EM storm in the moon's atmosphere.
                 (TNG:"Power Play") 37
          1780 (United States, Terra) USS ENTERPRISE, 8 gun schooner,
                 guarded Chesapeake Bay against the British Royal Navy
          1812 (United States, Terra) USS ENTERPRISE, 18 gun schooner, used
                 in the War of 1812, destroyed near the end of war
         c1868 Unidentified aliens from Uxmal system imprisoned the
                 conciousness of several hundred inmates on the moon of
                 Mabu VI (TNG: "Power Play")
          1888 Redjac entity kills six women in London, England, Terra, as
                 Jack the Ripper  (TOS:"Wolf in the Fold")
          1893 August 12th, Data was transported back into San Francisco of
                 this period while investigating his own possible death on
                 the planet Delvidia II.  There, he encountered a younger
                 Guinan, and evidence of alien tampering.
                 (TNG: "Time's Arrow, Part I")
               Picard, Riker, LaForge, Troi, and Crusher followed Data into
                 the past, where they met Mark Twain and the younger
                 Guinan.  Together, they eliminated the alien threat.
                 (TNG: "Time's Arrow, part II")
          1905 Albert Einstein published his special theory of relativity.
                 (history)
          1930 Guardian of Forever placed McCoy, Kirk, and Spock in time at
                 about this period. (TOS:"City on the Edge of Forever")
          1932 Redjac entity kills seven women in Shanghai, China, Terra.
                 (TOS: Wolf in the Fold)
          1934 The first story about fictional detective Dixon Hill is
                 published in _Amazing Detective Stories_ magazine, which
                 became a favorite with Captain Jean-Luc Picard in 2260's.
                 (TNG:"The Big Goodbye")
          1936 (United States, Terra) USS ENTERPRISE, YORKTOWN-Class
                 military aircraft carrier, built 1938, commissioned 1941,
                 fought several battles during Terran World War II.
                 Retired from active status in 1946, declared unfit for
                 reserve fleet on Oct 8 1956, officially decommissioned
                 Jan 1, 1957.  Designation  CV-6/CVS-6/CVA-6 38
               Another Dixon Hill story "The Long Dark Tunnel" was
                 published this year. (TNG:"The Big Goodbye")
          1939 Approximate birthdate of Frank Oppenhouse, who later went
                 under cryogenics operation. (TNG: "The Neutral Zone")
          1945 United Nations chartered at San Francisco, Terra. (history)
          1957 Sputnik I, first Terran artificial satellite, launched by
                 the Soviet Union.  (history)
          1959 Approximate birthdate of Claire Raymond, who later went
                 under cryogenics operation. (TNG: "The Neutral Zone")
               Yuri Gagarin, aboard Vostok I, became first human to travel
                 in space. (history)
          1960 Project Ozma, the first of many SETI projects in which
                 scientists search for signs of other intelligent life in
                 the universe, started this year. (history)
          1961 (United States, Terra) USS ENTERPRISE, ENTERPRISE-Class
                 military aircraft carrier, first Terran military vessel
                 with nuclear fission power.  Participated in Terran
                 Vietnam War.  Designation  CVN-65 39
          1963 Nuclear Test Ban Treaty adopted on Earth. (history)
          1966 The entire adult population of Miri's world died from an
                 engineered virus designed to prolong life.  Only children
                 under the age of 15 survived.  Their aging was greatly
                 reduced, but they die when they reach puberty.  They
                 called themselves "the Onlies".  (TOS:"Miri")
          1968 ENTERPRISE came back in time via planned slingshot effect to
                 this date to observe Terra in the nuclear age, but
                 intercepted Gary Seven's transporter beam.
                 (TOS:"Assignment Earth")
               First manned orbital flight of Luna.
          1969 July, Accidental slingshot effect brought ENTERPRISE back in
                 time, into Terra's atmosphere.  Only ENTERPRISE records
                 showed such disruption since the crew have erased most
                 evidence of such a temporal visit.
                 (TOS:"Tomorrow is Yesterday")
               July 20th, First Lunar landing by Apollo astronaut.
         c1971 Kelvan Empire, located in the Andromeda galaxy, launched an
                 expedition to the Milky Way to study suitability of
                 conquest.  (TOS: "By Any Other Name")
          1974 Redjac entity killed five women in Kiev, USSR, Terra.
                 (TOS:"Wolf in the Fold")
          1977 (United States, Terra) ENTERPRISE, "Space Shuttle" reusable
                 orbiter, built by National Aeronautics and Space Agency
                 (NASA), used for various atmospheric flight tests.
                 Retired in 1986 to the Terran Smithsonian Institute,
                 having never flown in outer space.  Restored in 2269 for
                 Apollo Tricentennial.  Designation  OV-101 40
               Terran unmanned probes (Viking-series) reached Mars.
               Viking 2 landed on Mars plain of Utopia Planitia, future
                 site of StarFleet Utopia Planetia Fleet Yards.
                 (TNG:"Booby Trap")
          1977 The first of the VOYAGER-series probes launched by NASA.
                 Later, VOYAGER 6 was lost when it encountered a black
                 hole, its fate unknown. (ST:TMP)
          1980 (Civilian, United States, Terra) ENTERPRISE, Goodyear
                 lighter-than-air atmospheric vehicle (blimp), used for
                 many Terran contemporary sporting events and promotions.
                 Designation  N A1
          1981 First "Space Shuttle" reusable orbiter COLUMBIA was launched
                 from Terra into orbit.  41
          1983 Pioneer 10 launched from Terra, Sol system.  The probe was
                 destroyed by Klaa's Bird of Prey in 2286.  (ST5:TFF)
          1986 Space Shuttle CHALLENGER exploded 73 seconds after liftoff,
                 killing seven astronauts.
               Planned slingshot effect carried HMS BOUNTY back in time in
                 search of humpback whales.  Two humpback whales and Dr.
                 Gillian Taylor were brought back to 2286 by the ENTERPRISE
                 crew to resolve "The Whalesong Crisis".  (ST4:TVH)
               Dr.Nichols began to develope the molecular matrix for
                 transparent aluminum on his Macintosh computer. (ST4:TVH)
          1992 "Chicago Mobs of the 1920's" was published in New York.  In
                 2168, the crew of USS HORIZON accidentally left a copy of
                 it at Iotia, leading the Iotians to base their culture on
                 it.  (TOS: A Piece of the Action)
               Unmanned probes reached Saturn.
               Khan Noonien Singh rises to power, assuming dictatorial over
                 one quarter of Earht, from South Asia to Middle East.
                 (TOS:"Space Seed")
    c1993-1996 Eugenics War: a group of scientists created a group of
                 "super-humans", and planned to take over the governments
                 around the world.  The war was won by the normal humans.
                 Survivors of the war including Khan Noonien Singh and
                 Dr.Stavros Keniculus, who exiled themselves into space.
                 (TOS:"Space Seed", TAS:"The Infinite Vulcan")
          1994 Cryogenics satellite containing Claire Raymond, Ralph
                 Ophemhouse, and L.Q. "Sonny" Clemens, was launched.  It
                 will be retrieved in interstellar space almost four
                 centuries later. (TNG:"The Neutral Zone") 42
          1996 BOTANY BAY DY-100 class sleeper ship leaves Earth with some
                 200 survivors of the Eugenics War, including Khan Noonien
                 Singh.  They went into suspended animation, and were not
                 found until c2266. It is assumed that other ships like
                 this were also launched but their fate remain unknown.
                 (TOS:"Space Seed")
               Poet Tarbolde from Canopius wrote "Nightingale Woman", a
                 passionate love sonnet that lasted for many centuries.
                 (TOS:"Where No Man Has Gone Before")
          1998 Unmanned probes reached Mercury and Pluto (?)
          1999 Voyager 6 was launched from Earth.  The probe eventually
                 fell into a black hole, emerging on the other side of the
                 galaxy, where it encountered a planet of living machines
                 that enhanced the craft and returned it to Earth in 2271.
                 (ST:TMP) 43
          2000 (United Nations, Terra)  UNSS ENTERPRISE, PEACEKEEPER-Class
                 military aircraft carrier.  Used in several peacekeeping
                 missions. Designation CVN-101 (?) 44
          2002 Space Station "Freedom" is declared operational (?)
               NOMAD probe launched to explore beyond the solar system.
                 Its creator was Jackson Roykirk. (TOS:"The Changeling") 45
          2009 Saturn Expedition led by Colonel Shaun Geoffrey Christopher
                 was launched (?)  (TOS: Tomorrow is Yesterday) 46
          2015 Fusion thrusters were invented, which later became impulse
                 engines (?) 47
          2018 Sleeper ships' usage are discontinued.  (TOS:"Space Seed")
          2025 Reunification of Ireland on Earth occured this year.
                 (TNG:"The High Ground")
          2026 Joe DiMaggio's hitting record broken by a shortstop from the
                 London Kings. (TNG:"The Big Goodbye")
          2030 Birth of Zefram Cochrane, inventor of warp drive. 48
                 (TOS:"Metamorphosis")
               A "famous novelist" wrote a classic on the theme "Let me
                 help".  He recommended these words even over "I love you."
                 (TOS:"The City on the Edge of Forever")
          2032 NASA launched first manned extra-solar mission, ship is
                 powered by the now perfected fusion thrusters (?)
          2033 Fifty-second state is admitted to the United States of
                 America.  (TNG:"The Royale") 49
          2036 The new United Nations declared that no Earth Citizen could
                 be made to answer for the crimes of their race or
                 forebearers (TNG:"Encounter at Farpoint") 50
          2037 July 23rd, the CARYBDIS, NASA's third extra-solar mission
                 was launched.  Col. Steven Richie in command.
                 (TNG:"The Royale")
    c2039-2043 World War III, possibly also known as Colonel Green's War
                 (TOS: The Savage Curtain), in which Colonel Green waged a
                 genocidal campaign, possibly in Asia and Mid-East.
          2040 Television faded as a mode of entertainment.
                 (TNG:"The Neutral Zone")
     2043-2047 Mind-Control Revolts, details unknown.  Sources seem to
                 indicate that certain military regiments with mind-control
                 implants rebelled against orders (ST:TMP Novelization) 51
          2044 CARYBDIS's telemetry ceased. (see 2039)  Ship was presumed
                 lost and destroyed, actual fate unknown until 2365.
                 (TNG:"The Royale")
         c2058 UNSS ICARUS launched for first expedition to Alpha Centauri
                 (TOSN: Strangers from the Sky) 52
         c2059 Captain Kirk, along with Gary Mitchell, Mr.Spock, Lee Kelso,
                 and Dr. Elizabeth Dhener, was temporarily transported to
                 this year by Parneb.  When attempting to return them back
                 to their own time, Parneb discovered Vulcans on Earth
                 years before the official contact date.
               The ENTERPRISE crew found the "lost" Vulcans a spaceship so
                 they can return to where they should be.  The crew, in
                 turn, are returned to their time, their memories inhibited
                 (TOSN:Strangers from the Sky)
     2053-2079 United States of America have 52 states (TNG: "The Royale")
          2061 Zefram Cochrane invented the Continuum Distortion Propulsion
                 (CDP) system, the precursor to warp drive (TNG:TM)
          2064 UNSS ICARUS arrived at Alpha Centauri 53
          2065 SS VALIANT encountered energy barrier at the edge of the
                 galaxy.  The ship self-destructed, reasons unknown. 54
                 (TOS: "Where No Man Has Gone Before")
          2067 British astronomer John Burke of Royal Academy maps the area
                 of space including Sherman's Planet.
                 (TOS:"The Trouble with Tribbles".
               Planet Lavinius V was infested by parasite creatures.
                 (TOS:"Operation: Annihilate!")
               Unknown planet launched sublight freighter filled with
                 unstable nuclear waste, which drifted in space for three
                 centuries before settling into orbit around Gamelan V,
                 where radiation threatened life on the planet.
                 (TNG:"Final Mission")
               People of Argelius underwent a "great awakening".
                 (TOS:"Wolf in the Fold") 55
          2072 The Cochrane team left for Alpha Centauri in a CDP equipped
                 ship to escape from the war.   56
          2075 UNSS AMITY rescued Vulcan scout in Sol orbit
                 (TOSN: Strangers from the Sky)
          2076 Cochrane team arrived at Alpha Centauri, and went on to
                 perfect the CDP engine.  (estimated)
          2079 "new" United Nations, formed in 2036, was dissolved this
                 year, after years of powerlessness.
               Picard and crew was tried by Q in a courtroom of this period
                 on their initial mission to Farpoint Station
                 (TNG:"Encounter at Farpoint")
          2082 Colonel Ritchie died in "The Royale", at the eighth planet
                 in the Theta 118 system. (TNG:"The Royale")
          2086 Lornack clan of Acamar III began their bloodfeud with a
                 rival clan, the Tralestas.  The feud lasted until 2286,
                 when the Lornacks massacred all but five of the Tralestas.
                 (TNG:"The Vengeance Factor") 57
          2088 Vulcan delegation arrived on Earth (TOSN: Strangers from the
                 Sky).  As Earth was not yet united, it was not till thirty
                 years later when two fomally established diplomatic
                 relations, and formed the Federation in 2161. (estimated)
         c2094 United Earth Alliance was formed as a replacement of the new
                 United Nations which was dissolved in 2079, to present a
                 united Earth to future alien contacts. (estimated)
          2100 NOTE: Rasmussen, a 22nd Century man from new Jersey, stole a
                 time pod from a 26th century historian (who went back to
                 22nd century) and went to 24th century
                 (TNG:"A Matter of Time")
         c2104 First generation warp drive was perfected.  This type can
                 sustain supralight speeds. (estimated)
          2105 SS BONAVENTURE, first warp equipped United Earth space
                 vessel, was launched. (estimated)
               Redjac entity killed eight women on the Mars Colonies.
                 (TOS: Wolf in the Fold)
          2106 SS ENTERPRISE, BONAVENTURE-Class interstellar scout, second
                 warp equipped United Earth space vessel (the first being
                 BONAVENTURE herself), top speed warp 3.  Lost and presumed
                 destroyed at 2109.  Designation  NCC-101  (?) 58
          2117 Zefram Cochrane disappears during a trip, presume lost and
                 dead at the age of 87.  (TOS:"Metamorphosis")
         c2120 Earth formally established relations with the residents of
                 40-Eridani, known as Vulcans.  (estimated)
          2123 November 27th, SS MARIPOSA, U.N. Registry NAR-7678, DY-500
                 class sleeper ship, launched for Ficus Sector with two
                 groups of colonists.  The ship reached Bringloid V and
                 settled the planet, but crashed on Mariposa while
                 attempting to settle a second group.
                 (TNG:"Up the Long Ladder")
          2138 Second generation warp drive was developed (?)
         c2145 Earth made first contact with the Andorians and Tellarites
                 this year.  Both established formal relations five years
                 later, and will join Earth, Vulcan, and Alphacent to form
                 the United Federation of Planets (estimated)
         c2152 (Civilian, Terra) USS ENTERPRISE, DECLARATION-class
                 interstellar passenger liner, operating by United-Delta
                 Spacelines.  Regular route: Terra (Sol III)-AlphaCent -
                 Vulcan - Andor - Tellar, top speed warp 3.5, retired after
                 25 years of service. Designation  CPL-1532  (?) (#) 59
         c2153 USS CARRIZAL discovered the 128 Trianguli system, with a set
                 of twin planets in the system.  The system was named
                 Romulus, after Italian myth of Romulus and Remus.  The
                 inhabitants of 128 Trianguli became known as Romulans.
                 (TOSN: The Romulan Way)
         c2156 USS BALBOA, following up the investigation of USS CARRIZAL,
                 was destroyed by Romulan fightercrafts.
               USS STONE MOUNTAIN, coming to BALBOA's aid, was captured by
                 Romulan forces, after design defect crippled the ship. 60
               Earth declared war on Romulans, thus started the First
                 Romulan War.  (TOSN: The Romulan Way) 61
               Redjac entity killed two women at Heliopolis, Alpha
                 Eridani II.  (TOS:"Wolf in the Fold")
         c2160 Romulan War ended by Battle of Cheron.  Romulan forces
                 suffered a humiliating defeat.  (TNG:"The Defector")
               First Romulan War end as both sides negotiated treaty terms
                 via radio only, no face-to-face meeting.  The Neutral Zone
                 is established, any entrance by either party constitutes
                 an act of war.  (TOS:"Balance of Terror") 62
          2161 "Federation Day" was proclaimed this year as the founding of
                 the Federation.  (TNG: "The Outcast") 63
               Federation council president's office is located in city of
                 Paris, France, Terra.  (ST6:TUC)
               Federation Council is located in San Francisco (ST4:TVH)
               StarFleet is formally organized accordant to Federation
                 Charter.  StarFleet HQ is located at San Francisco, Terra.
               StarFleet Academy is founded at San Francisco, Terra
                 (TNG:"First Duty") 64
         c2164 First contact with the Delos system by Federation scout.
                 Two inhabited planets were found: Brekka, simple
                 agricultural world, and Onarra, technological society with
                 inter-system travel capabilities.  (TNG:"Symbiosis")
               Plague strikes planet Onarra.  The Brekkans provided cure,
                 which was later found to be a narcotic.  (TNG:"Symbiosis")
         c2165 Birth of Sarek of Vulcan, child of Skon and Solkar, future
                 Vulcan Ambassador to the Federation, father of Spock.
                 (TOS:"Journey to Babel", TNG:"Sarek") 65
               Deneva was colonized as a mid-point within the regular trade
                 routes of the Federation (TOS:"Operation: Annihilate!")
         c2167 USS ARCHON visited the planet Beta III.  The ship was pulled
                 from orbit by the computer Landru, and destroyed.  The
                 crew dispersed, forming the seeds of rebellion in the
                 future.  (TOS:"Return of the Archons") 66
               USS ESSEX, Daedalus-class scout (NCC-173), was destroyed at
                 Mabu VI's moon, cause unknown.  (TNG:"Power Play")
               Guinan seemed to have met Q sometime in this year.
                 (TNG:"Deja Q")
          2168 USS HORIZON visited planet Iotia, accidentally leaving
                 behind a book called "Chicago Mobs of the 1920's", which
                 the culture eventually adopts as a model for their
                 society.  (TOS:"A Piece of the Action")
               The contamination of the society lead to adoption of the
                 Noninterference Directive as General Order One, commonly
                 known as the "Prime Directive". (speculation)
               USS HORIZON lost with all hands, cause unknown.  Their
                 actions were not known until one hundred years later, when
                 their radio signals reached Starfleet. 67
               Colony of Moab IV was established.  This colony was designed
                 as a genetically pure environment with members bred to a
                 specific position in society. (TNG: "Masterpiece Society")
          2169 Sarek of Vulcan, father of Spock, husband of Amanda, is born
                 in this year, at ShiKhar, 40-Eridani (Vulcan)
                 (TOS: "Journey to Babel", TNG:"Sarek")
          2170 Last detonation of Kavis Alpha neutron star before 2366.
                 (TNG:"Evolution") 68
         c2193 Birth of Robert April, future ENTERPRISE Captain
                 (TAS:"The Counter-Clock Incident")
          2196 Last Daedalus-class scout was decommissioned.
                 (TNG:"Power Play") 69
         c2197 USS SENTRY encountered IKV DEVISOR, first meeting between
                 Federation and Klingon forces.  Brief fight resulted.
                 (TOSN:"The Final Reflection", TOS:"Day of the Dove")
         c2212 Birth of Amanda Grayson, future wife of Sarek, mother of
                 Spock.  (TOS:"Journey to Babel") 70
         c2214 Birth of Christopher Pike, future captain of ENTERPRISE.
          2215 First type of photon torpedo invented, though rather
                 unreliable.  It was designated as a defensive weapon, used
                 more often as mines than torpedoes.
                 (TNG Tech Manual) 71
               Selcundi Drema began its disintegration, forming the
                 asteroid belt in that solar system (TNG:"Pen Pals")
         c2217 USS VALIANT contacted planet Eminiar VII.  The ship was
                 never heard from again, probably destroyed as a part of
                 the war between Eminiar VII and Vendikar.
                 (TOS:"A Taste of Armageddon")
         c2218 First Klingo-Federation War started as Klingon forces
                 started occupying Federation frontier.  Also known as
                 The Four Years War. (FASA Material)
               Federation decided to approach first contact more cautiously
                 in view of the start of the bad relationship with the
                 Klingons (TNG:"First Contact")
          2219 Birth of Richard Daystrom, inventor of duotronic systems,
                 winner of Nobel and Zee-Magnees prizes.
                 (TOS:"The Ultimate Computer") 72
         c2221 Garth of Izar defeated Klingon forces in Battle of Axanar.
                 (FASA Material, TOS:"Whom Gods Destroy")
         c2222 Birth of Montgomery Scott, at Glasgow, Scotland, Terra.
                 Future ENTERPRISE chief engineer (#) (estimated)
         c2223 First Klingo-Federation War ended at a loss to the Klingons,
                 Klingon Empire forced to give up some of its own frontier
                 as a buffer zone.  (FASA Material) 73
               The hostility between the two continued despite the end of
                 the war (ST6:TUC) 74
          2224 Sybok, son of Sarek and a Vulcan princess, was born.  The
                 princess died soon after.  (ST5:TFF)
          2227 Birth of Leonard H. McCoy, son of David, at Georgia, Terra.
                 Future ENTERPRISE chief medical officer  75
                 (TNG:"Encounter at Farpoint")
          2229 Sarek married Amanda Grayson on Terra.  (estimated) 76
          2230 Birth of Spock, at ShiKhar, Vulcan, son of Sarek and Amanda
                 Grayson.  (?) 77
               Birth of T'Pring.  She will be bonded with Spock when both
                 are age of seven.  (TOS:"Amok Time")
          2233 March 22nd, Birth of James Tiberius Kirk, son of George
                 Samuel Kirk and Winona Kirk, at Riverside, Iowa, Terra,
                 Sol system.  Future ENTERPRISE Captain 78
          2236 SS COLUMBIA, a private research vessel of the Amercian
                 Continental Institute, crashed landed on Talos IV, sole
                 survivor was Vina (TOS:"Menagerie")
         c2235 MANN-class cruisers commissioned, first ship to reach warp
                 four, utilizing advanced computer intermix controls (?) 79
          2237 Spock caused his parents considerable concern by
                 disappearing overnight into the LLangon mmountains near
                 his home city of Shirkahr in an effort to test himself
                 with the kahs-wan survival ordeal.  (TAS:"Yesteryear") 80
               Spock is bonded with T'Pring in this year. (TOS:"Amok Time")
               Birth of Hikaru (Walter?) Sulu, at San Francisco,
                 California, Terra.  Future ENTERPRISE helmsman. (#) 81
          2239 Mr.Brack (Flint the Immortal) purchased planet Holberg 917G
                 as a personal retreat.  (TOS:"Requiem for Methuselah")
               Birth of Nyota(?) (Upenda?) Uhura, at United States of
                 Africa (Bantustan?), Africa, Terra.  Future ENTERPRISE
                 communications officer. (#) 82
         c2241 Birth of Kevin Riley, on Tarsus IV, future ENTERPRISE
                 transporter chief.  (TOS:"Conscience of the King")
          2242 Battle of Donatu V was fought near Sherman's Planet, which
                 is near the Klingon-Federation border. 83
                 (TOS:"Trouble with Tribbles")
               Discovery of Dilithium crystals and their property of
                 regulating matter-antimatter flow. (conjecture)
          2243 Dr. Richard Daystrom developed Duotronics, allowing a new
                 generation of computers to be built, and allowing
                 practical application of the matter transporter.
                 (TOS:"The Ultimate Computer", TOSN: Final Frontier)
         c2244 Shakedown cruises of NCC-1701 by Captain Robert April
               Rescue mission ended in Romulan space due to sabotage,
                 April/Kirk engaged Romulan ships and returned safely,
                 after tricking the Romulans into believing in an invisible
                 Federation fleet, prevented a full-scale Romulan invasion
               SS ROSENBURG was rescued from ion storm by NCC-1701
                 (TOSN:"Final Frontier") (*)
          2245 (UFP/StarFleet) USS ENTERPRISE, CONSTITUTION-Class heavy
                 cruiser.  Built at StarFleet San Francisco Yards, first
                 ship with dilithium augmented warp drive, result of the
                 "Starship" Project.  Top speed: warp 8.  Armed with
                 shields, particle cannons, and lasers.
               Designation  NCC-1701 (*)
               (TOSN:"Final Frontier", TNG Tech Manual)
               Birth of Pavel Andrevich Chekov, at Russia, Terra.  Future
                 navigator of ENTERPRISE. (TOS:"Who Mourns for Adonis?")
               First Five Year Mission, under Captain Robert April (#) 84
               Population of Lavinium V was wiped out by flying parasites
                 (TOS:"Operation: Annihilate!")
               Leonard McCoy entered college for medical degree (?) 85
          2246 Massacre of Tarsus IV.  Governor Kodos, faced with severe
                 food shortage, ordered execution of over half of the
                 colony's population so that others can live.  Kodos became
                 known as "The Executioner", and was not discovered until
                 2266. Survivors includes James T. Kirk, Kevin Riley, and
                 Thomas Leighton.  (TOS:"Conscience of the King")
          2247 Birth of Lenore Karidian, first knwon record of Anton
                 Karidian, later found to be Kodos The Executioner.
                 (TOS:"Conscience of the King") 86
          2249 Birth of Joanna McCoy, daughter of Leonard H. McCoy and
                 Jocelyn McCoy.  (TAS:"The Survivor") 87
               Spock chose to enter Starfleet intead of Vulcan Science
                 Academy, thus alienating his father Sarek.
                 (TOS:"Journey to Babel") 88
          2250 NCC-1701 returns from first even FYM and receives refit
               Captain April promoted to Commodore, assigned as Federation
                 ambassador-at-large (*) (TAS:"The CounterClock Incident")
               Captain Christopher Pike given command of ENTERPRISE
               Dr.McCoy lead an immunization program on Dramia III
                 (TAS:"Albatross")
               Kirk enrolled in Starfleet Academy. (conjectural) 89
               Kirk met Ben Finney.  Two grew quite close that Finney named
                 his daughter after Kirk. (TOS:"Court Martial") 90
               While serving on USS REPUBLIC NCC-1371, Kirk reported an
                 error made by Finney, who was then reprimanded.  Kirk was
                 an ensign as the time (TOS:"Court Martial") 91
               Kirk visits planet Axanar on a peace mission.  The operation
                 was a major ahievement for Captain Garth, in overall
                 charge of the mission.  Starfleet awarded Kirk Palm Leaf
                 of Axanar for his role.  92
                 (TOS:"Whom Gods Destroy", TOS:"Court-Martial")
               Kirk met Gary Mitchell at Academy (Kirk was senior classman)
                 and taught Mitchell's class.  Two became best friends, and
                 Kirk asked for Mitchell to serve with him at his first
                 command. (TOS:"Where No Man Has Gone Before")
          2251 NCC-1701 2nd FYM launched, with Captain Christopher Pike (#)
          2252 Spock, still a Academy cadet, began serving aboard the
                 Enterprise under command of Captain Pike.
               Charles Evans, age 3, is sole survivor of a crash on Thasus.
                 Thasians saved him.  (TOS:"Charlie X") 93
               Kirk is romantically involved with Ruth. (TOS:"Short Leave")
               Kirk becomes acquainted with R.M.Merrick, a student later
                 dropped form Academy when he failed a psycho-simulator
                 test.  (TOS:"Bread and Circuses")
          2253 Spock graduates from Starfleet Academy. (conjecture)
               McCoy graduates from Medical school. (conjecture)
Unknown  c2254 James Kirk graduates from Starfleet Academy as the only
                 cadet ever to beat the Kobayashi Maru "no-win scenario".
                 He was assigned to USS FARRAGUT. 94
               Captain Pike and Enterprise was involved in an incident on
                 RIgel VII, where fighting killed three and injured seven
                 Enterprise crew memebers.  (TOS:"The Cage") 95
               "The Cage" -- Captain Pike was captured by Talosians, who
                 planned to use him and the surviving human female, Vina,
                 for "breeding stock".  After demonstrating human hostility
                 to captivity, Pike was returned to the ENTERPRISE.
               General Order Seven was established: no communication of any
                 kind was allowed with Talos IV, with penalty of death.
                 (Also see TOS:"The Menagerie")
               Events as chronicled in TOSN: Vulcan's Glory
               Captain Pike and ENTERPRISE discovered the phenomenon which
                 became known as "Pike's Rift", a link to the civilization
                 known as Calligar.  The Rift opens every 33.4 years.
                 (TOSN: The Rift)
         c2255 Treaty of Armens was signed between the Federation and the
                 Sheliak Corporate.  Nothing would be heard from them for
                 the next 111 years.  (TNG:"Ensigns of Command")
               Guinan's home world was attacked by the Borg.  The survivors
                 scattered throughout the galaxy. (TNG:"Q Who?")
               Lieutenant Kirk was wounded during an Orion pirate's attack
                 on the USS FARRAGUT.  His physician was Dr. Leonard H.
                 McCoy.  (TOSN: Crisis on Centaurus)
          2256 NCC-1701 returns from 2nd FYM, receives refit
               NCC-1701 refitted with phasers and photon torpedoes (#) 96
               McCoy ends a romantic relationship with the future Mrs. Nacy
                 Crater. (TOS:"The Man Trap") 97
          2257 Lieutenant Kirk was one of the few survivors of the vampire
                 cloud, which attacked the USS FARRAGUT (NCC-1702?) at
                 Tycho IV.  (TOS:"Obsession")
               NCC-1701 embarks on 3rd FYM, Captain Christopher Pike (#)
               Karidian company begins tour of official installations under
                 sponsorship of Galactic Exchange Program.
                 (TOS:"Conscience of the King")
         c2258 Cerberus experiences severe crop failure and food shortages,
                 and only survived due to the generosity of famous
                 businessman Carter Winston.  McCoy's daughter Joanna was
                 on Cerberus at the time.  (TAS:"Survivor")
          2261 Federation celebrates its first centennial.
                 (TNG:"The Outcast")
               Birth of Saavik, at "Thieurrull" (trans.: Hellguard), a
                 Romulan Colony, as a result of forced conception by
                 Romulans upon captured Vulcans.
                 (ST2:TWOK, TOSN:"The Pandora Principle")
               NCC-1701 returns from 3rd FYM, receives refit
               Crew complement doubled from 203 to 430.
               SS Beagle, under command of R.M. Merik, was sabotaged by its
                 own captain so he and crew could stay at 892-IV.
                 (TOS:"Breads and Circuses")
               Birth of David Marcus, son of Carol Marcus and James Kirk
                 (est. ST2:TWOK)
               Robert and Nancy Crater arrive at planet M-113 for the ruins
                 there.  Nancy was later killed by last surviving native of
                 the planet. (TOS:"The Man Trap")
               Dr. Roger Korby's research expedition vanished.  Korby's
                 fiancee, Christine Chapel, joined StarFleet as a nurse,
                 hoping to find him one day.
                 (TOS:"What Are Little Girls Made Of?")
               Spock met Leila Kolami on Terra at about this time.
                 (TOS:"This Side of Paradise")
               Kirk romantically involved with future Janet Wallace.  The
                 relationship did not work out, and Janet later married
                 Theodore Wallace, 26 years her senior.
                 (TOS:"The Deadly Years")
         c2263 Birthyear of future StarFleet Academy groundskeeper Boothby.
                 (TNG:"First Duty")
               Spock visits his parents on Vulcan (TOS:"Journey to Babel")
               James Kirk sees Areel Shaw for last time before Kirk's
                 trial.  Two had been involved. (TOS:"Court-Martial")
               Miners Childress, Gossett, and Benton begin work at lithium
                 mining operation on Rigel XII. (TOS:"Mudd's Women")
               Group of 150 colonists under Elias Sandoval left Earth for
                 Omicron Ceti III. (TOS:"This Side of Paradise")
               Captain Pike promoted to Fleet Captain, assigned to
                 StarFleet Academy (as commandant?) (TOSN: ENTERPRISE) (?)
               Captain James T. Kirk given command of ENTERPRISE
               (TOSN:ENTERPRISE-The First Adventure)
               NCC-1701 embarks on 4th FYM, under Captain James T. Kirk
     2264-2268 The five-year mission period documented by Star Trek (TOS)
                 and Animated Star Trek (TAS)
          2264 Harcourt Fenton Mudd convicted of purchasing space vessel
                 with counterfeit currency. See 1116.4 (TOS:"MUdd's Women")
               Nancy Crater killed by planet M-113's last surviving native.
                 The creature assumes Nancy's form. (TOS:"The Man Trap")
               Sandoval expedition arrives at Omicron Ceti III.
                 (TOS:"This Side of Paradise")
1116.4         H.F.Mudd's master's license is revoked effective this date.
                 (TOS:"Mudd's Women")
1312.4         "Where No Man Has Gone Before"
               Debris of SS VALIANT rediscovered by NCC-1701, having self-
                 destructed after encountering The Great Energy Barrier
               Gary Mitchell and Elizabeth Dehner killed in action
          2265 Dr. Elizabeth Dehner, psychiatirst studying crew reactions
                 in emergency situations, joins Enterprise crew at
                 Aldebaron Colony (TOS:"Where No Man Has Gone Before")
               Borg destroyed Guinan's home planet.  Survivors scattered
                 throughout the galaxy. (TNG:"Q Who?")
               Ingraham B was destroyed by parasite creatures.
                 (TOS:"Operation Annihilate!")
          2266 Leonard H. McCoy assigned to Enterprise as ship's surgeon,
                 replacing Dr.Mark Piper. (conjecture)
               StarFleet Academy outlawed the dangerous Colvert Starburst
                 manuever when 5 cadets perished attempting the manuever.
                 (TNG:"First Duty")
               Dr. Simon Van Gelder assigned as associate director of
                 Tantalus V penal colony on the staff of colony director
                 Tristan Adams (TOS:"Dagger of the Mind")
               Lt. Hikaru Sulu accepts transfer from staff physicist to
                 helmsman onboard Enterprise. (conjecture)
               Commodore Pike was critically injured in a training accident
                 onboard class-J starship.  In the attempt to rescue the
                 cadets, he suffered exposure to lethal doses of Delta
                 rays, crippling him for life, confined to a wheelchair,
                 unable to speak or move.  (TOS:"The Menagerie") 98
1512.2         "The Corbomite Maneuver"
               Initial encounter with the "First Federation"
1329.1         "Mudd's Women"
1672.1         "The Enemy Within"
1531.1         "The Man Trap"
1704.2         "The Naked Time"
1533.6         "Charlie X"
               ANTARES destroyed by Charlie Evans
1709.1         "Balance of Terror"
               A Romulan Warbird attacked several border outposts, but was
                 destroyed by ENTERPRISE
2712.4         "What Are Little Girls Made Of?"
               Discovery of Dr.Roger Korby, only to find he's an android
                 replicate of the original
2715.1         "Dagger of the Mind"
               Enterprise reports finding seven planets in system L-370.
                 (TOS:"The Doomsday Machine")
2713.5         "Miri"
               Federation authorities dispatch sociological team to Miri's
                 World.  (TOS:"Miri")
               Klingon operatives attempt to influence local politics on
                 Tyree's planet by providing firearms to the inhabitants.
                 (TOS:"A Private Little War") 99
               Enterprisesummoned by Dr. Thomas Leighton to Planet Q to
                 investigate new synthetic food process.
                 (TOS:"The Conscience of the King")
2817.6         "The Conscience of the King"
               People of Acamar III established peace except for "The
                 Gatherers", who started raiding nearby systems.
                 (TNG:"The Vengeance Factor")
               Parasite arrived at Deneva onboard a ship from Ingraham B,
                 which had attacked Ingraham B over a year ago.
                 (TOS:"Operation: Annihilate!"
               A serious plague threatens inhabitants of New Paris
                 colonies.  (TOS:"The Galileo Seven")
2821.5         "The Galileo Seven"
2945.7         Enterprise encountered ion storm, Records Officer Ben Finney
                 reported killed when sensor pod was ejected.
                 (TOS:"Court-Martial")
2947.3         "Court-Martial"
               Captain Kirk was charged with manslaughter, for supposedly
                 ejecting Ben Finney's capsule into space without adequate
                 warning.  Ben Finney fakes the records in order to
                 implicate Kirk.  He was discovered and arrested.
               Spock promoted from lieutenant commander to full commander.
3012.4         "The Menagerie" (two-parter)
               Spock hijacked the ENTERPRISE and returned Commodore Pike to
                 Talos IV, where he can have the illusion of health.
Unknown        "Shore Leave"
               Enterpriseon resupply mission to Beta VI colony.
2124.5         "The Squire of Gothos"
               Cestus II outpost destroyed by Gorn spacecraft.  Gorn then
                 faked an invitation to Enterprise.  (TOS:"Arena")
3045.6         "Arena"
               First encounter with the Gorn, an reptilian specie.
               Federation miners on Janus VI open a new underground level
                 in search of mineral perigium deposits.
                 (TOS:"The Devil In the Dark")
3087.6         "The Alternative Factor"
               Enterprise refitted at Cygnet XIV, where the technicians
                 reprogrammed the computer to give it "more personality".
                 (TOS:"Tomorrow is Yesterday")
               Enterprise heads toward Starbase 9, but almost collided with
                 a hypermass.  The emergency pull-away whiplashed the ship
                 into the past.  (TOS:"Tomorrow is Yesterday")
3013.2         "Tomorrow is Yesterday"
               Events as occured in TOSN:Web of the Romulans.
3156.2         "The Return of the Archons"
3192.1         "A Taste of Armageddon"
3141.9         "Space Seed"
               BOTANY BAY was retrieved by ENTERPRISE.  After Khan's plan
                 to take over the ship failed, Khan and his group was left
                 on Ceti Alpha V.
3417.3         "This Side of Paradise"
               Fifty mining personnel are killed by mysterious subterranean
                 entity.  Enterprise was summoned. (see next)
3196.1         "The Devil in the Dark"
               First encounter with the Horta, an intelligent being
                 composed of silicon, on Janus IV
               Negotiations with Klingon Empire have been broken off and
                 Starfleet Command have learned that Klingons have invaded
                 Organia, and ordered Enterprise to intervene. (see next)
3198.4         "Errand of Mercy"
               First encounter with the Organians, pure energy creatures of
                 enormous powers.
               The second Klingo-Federation War was halted by Organians.
                 Organian Peace Treaty was forced on both parties.
3134.0         "The City on the Edge of Forever"
               Discovery of "The Guardian of Forever", an artifact/being
                 allowing time travel
3287.2         "Operation: Annihilate!"
               Death of Samuel and Aurelan Kirk, James Kirk's brother and
                 sister-in-law, on Deneva.  Nephew Peter Kirk survived. 100
          2267 First recorded instance of a wormhole in the 39 Tituara
                 System (TNG: Clues)
3018.2         "Catspaw"
               Enterprise assigned to treat Assistant Federation
                 Commissioner Nacy Hedford to Sakuro's disease, and shuttle
                 is to pick her up from Epsilon Canaris III (see next)
3219.4         "Metamorphosis"
3497.2         "Friday's Child"
3468.1         "Who Mourns for Adonis?"
               McCoy declared that Spock, under effects of pon farr, must
                 return to Vulcan in a week or die.  (see next)
3372.7         "Amok Time"
               T'Pring chose to marry Stonn, freeing Spock from the bond.
               Enterprise arrives at Altair VI a bit late.
4202.1         CONSTELLATION, under Matt Decker, encountered destroyed
                 solar systems.  Subspace interference preventing
                 notification of Starfleet Command.  During its
                 investigation of system L-374, the ship was attacked and
                 nearly destroyed by "Doomsday Machine".  Decker
                 transporter the surviving crew to the third planet of L-
                 374, and watched in horror when the Doomsday Machine
                 destroyed that planet as well.  (see next)
4202.9         "The Doomsday Machine"
               Montgomery Scott injured in an explosion aboard ship.
3114.9         "Wolf in the Fold"
               Four planets of Malurian system were attacked.  Over four
                 billion people are wiped out, including members of
                 Federation science team headed by Dr.Manway. (see next)
3451.9         "The Changeling"
               Ceti Alpha VI exploded, disrupting orbit of Ceti Alpha V.
                 Result climatic changes are devasting to the Khan Colony
                 there.  Starfleet have no idea.  (ST2:WOK)
3715.0         "The Apple"
Unknown        "Mirror, Mirror"
               Starfleet lost contact with cultural observer John Gill on
                 Ekos (TOS:"Patterns of Force")
3478.2         "The Deadly Years"
               Crewman Norman, recently assigned to Enterprise, evaded
                 several attempts by McCOy to schedule a routine physical
                 exam (see next).
4513.3         "I, Mudd"
               Enterprise called to Deep Space Station K-7 by Priority One
                 distress call.  (see next)
4523.3         "The Trouble with Tribbles"
4090.7         "Bread and Circuses"
               Enterprise picked up 114 Federation dignitaries for
                 transport to Babel. (see next)
3842.3         "Journey to Babel"
               Coridan admitted to the Federation.
4211.4         "A Private Little War"
               Enterprise ordered to check up Gamma II outpost.
               Romulan, Klingon, and Federation governments established
                 colony of Nimbus III, planet of Galactic Peace.
                 (ST5:TFF)
          2268
3211.7         "The Gamemasters of Triskelion"
               Starfleet command received message from HORIZON, lost a
                 century ago.  (TOS:"A Piece of the Action")
3619.2         "Obsession"
               Enterpriserendezvous the YORKTOWN for vaccine transfer.
4307.1         "The Immunity Syndrome"
               USS INTREPID, Starfleet's only all-Vulcan ship, was lost to
                 a giant space amoeba.
4598.0         "A Piece of the Action"
4657.5         "By Any Other Name"
               Kirk negotiated an agreement with Kelvans where a suitable
                 planet can be set aside for them.  A robot drone is sent
                 back to Andromeda to inform the Kelvan Empire.
               Federation research station established on Minara II.
                 (TOS:"The Empath")
4768.3         "Return to Tomorrow"
2534.0         "Patterns of Force"
4729.4         "The Ultimate Computer"
Unknown        "The Omega Glory"
Unknown        "Assignment: Earth"
          Season 3
4385.3         "Spectre of the Gun"
4372.5         "Elaan of Troyius"
4842.6         "The Paradise Syndrome"
5031.3         "The ENTERPRISE Incident"
               ENTERPRISE procured a Romulan cloaking device after faking
                 Kirk's death and various other covert acts.
5027.3         "And the Children Shall Lead"
5431.4         "Spock's Brain"
5630.7         "Is There In Truth No Beauty?"
5121.0         "The Empath"
5693.2         "The Tholian Web"
               USS DEFIANT lost in the "interphase" on Tholian border
               First encounter of the Tholians and their "web"
5476.3         "For the World is Hollow and I Have Touched the Sky"
Unknown        "The Day of the Dove"
5784.0         "Plato's Stepchildren"
5710.5         "Wink of an Eye"
Unknown        "That Which Survives"
               A shuttle was stolen from Starbase 4 by unknown.
5730.2         "Let That Be Your Last Battlefield"
5718.3         "Whom Gods Destroy"
5423.4         "The Mark of Gideon"
               Federation vessel made first contact with "The Children of
                 Tama".  Attempts to establish communication were
                 unsuccessful, though they appear to be a peaceable race.
                 There were seven other encounters over the next century.
                 (TNG:"Darmok")
5725.3         "The Lights of Zetar"
5818.4         "The Cloudminders"
5832.3         "The Way to Eden"
5843.7         "Requiem for Methuselah"
5906.4         "The Savage Curtain"
5943.7         "All Our Yesterdays"
5298.5         "Turnabout Intruder"
               Adventures of NCC-1701 as recorded by Star Trek: The
                 Animated Series (TAS)  101
          2268 ENTERPRISE NCC-1701 triumphantly returned to Earth, the only
                 starship out of the original thirteen to survive beyond
                 its projected operational life of 18 years 102
               Kirk promoted to Rear Admiral (TOSN: The Lost Years) 103
               Events as Chronicled in TOSN:Star Trek: The Lost Years.
               StarFleet decided to rebuild NCC-1701 for both experimental
                 reasons and publicity/morale (#)
               Yonada reached its destination
                 (TOS:"For the World is Hollow and I have Touched the Sky")
          2269 "Space Shuttle" ENTERPRISE was restored from Smithsonian
                 Institute to participate in Apollo Tricentennial.
               Admiral Kirk assigned as Chief of StarFleet Operations
         c2270 Another Vulcan ship disappeared near the Federation-Romulan
                 border without a trace, making this the sixth ship in
                 about twenty-five years. (TOSN:"Pandora's Principle")
               Spock retired from Starfleet to study Kohlinar on Vulcan, in
                 attempt to purge the remaining emotional influences
               McCoy retired and returned to Earth for private practice,
                 swearing he'll never come back to Starfleet (ST:TMP)
               Captain Willard Decker in Command of the ENTERPRISE
               ENTERPRISE's saucer section was refitted and launched from
                 San Francisco Naval Yards
               "Space Shuttle" ENTERPRISE was damaged as two Klingon agents
                 attempted to escape with a new energy converter.  Shuttle
                 was repaired by the capable hands of Engineer Montgomery
                 Scott  (TOSN: A Flag Full of Stars) (*)
               Sarek started the negotiations with the Legarans, which will
                 bear fruit in 96 years, when the Legarans eventually
                 joined the Federation (TNG:"Sarek")
          2271 Second type of Photon Torpedo perfected, probably mounted on
                 the then still under reconstruction USS ENTERPRISE.  104
                 (TNG:TM) (TOS:SG)
               (UFP/StarFleet) USS ENTERPRISE, CONSTITUTION-Class heavy
                 cruiser (battlecruiser?), result of the extensive refit.
                 Top speed: warp 12.  (ST:TMP) Designation remains NCC-1701
                 (#) (TNG Tech Manual)
               Commander:Captain Willard Decker
                         Admiral (Acting Captain) James T. Kirk
                         Captain Spock
7413.4         Star Trek: The Motion Picture
               Refitted NCC-1701 was scrambled out of spacedock to deal
                 with entity later known as Vejur, Captain Decker was
                 declared missing in action during the incident, along with
                 Lieutenant Ilia.  (ST:TMP) (#)
               (NOTE: The rebuilt NCC-1701 is also known as ENTERPRISE-
                 class or STARSHIP-class in other literatures 105)
               5th FYM under Acting Captain James T. Kirk (?) 106
         c2273 First Vulcan Secession Crisis.  Fanned by radicals, Vulcan
                 had a public referendum to withdraw from the Federation.
                 The measure lost as the conspiracy was revealed.
                 (TOSN:"Spock's World")
         c2274 ENTERPRISE encountered a weak mayday from within the Neutral
                 Zone, discovering an old freighter running from a Romulan
                 Warbird.  The Warbird destroyed the freighter just as the
                 sole occupant was beamed onboard.  The survivor was a
                 Vulcan female, T'Pren, who was too badly burned to live.
                 Spock performed a mindmeld before she died.
               Secret Vulcan expedition to "Thierrull/Hellguard", to
                 retrieve the Romulan/Vulcan fusion children.  Expedition
                 members include Spock and Sarek of Vulcan.  Saavik was
                 among the children retreived.
                 (TOSN:"The Pandora Principle")
               Colonizer ARTEMIS was launched, destination Septimus Minor.
                 Malfunctions pulled the ship off course, and the ship
                 crashed on Tau Cygnus V, which belongs to the Sheliak
                 Corporate by treaty, but was uninhabited due to high
                 radiation.  (TNG:"Ensigns of Command")
         c2276 NCC-1701 return from 5th FYM, extensive refit
          2277 Individual ship insignia system abolished, ENTERPRISE
                 command emblem established as official StarFleet emblem
                 (TNG Tech Manual) (Scott's Guide)
               Kirk assigned as Commandant of StarFleet Academy
               Spock promoted to Captain, takes command of NCC-1701
               McCoy Promoted from LtCmdr to Cmdr
               Chekov assigned as first officer of RELIANT 107
          2278 USS BOZEMAN, under command of Captain Morgan Bateman,
                 disappeared while exploring the Typhon Expanse, causes
                 unknown.  (TNG:"Cause and Effect")  108
               Pardek becomes a member of the Romulan Senate, representing
                 the Krocton Segment of Romulus. (TNG:"Unification I")
         c2278 6th FYM under Captain Spock (?) 109
         c2279 Birth of Mark Jameson, future StarFleet Admiral
                 (TNG:"Too Short a Season")
  early 2280's Transwarp Development Project proved to be unsuccessful. The
                 incident was also known as "Operational Failure of
                 Transwarp".  Rumors of destruction of EXCELSIOR was
                 unfounded.  Probably year: 2285.  (TNG Tech Manual)
          2281 Saavik, after tutelage of Spock, entered the StarFleet
                 Academy (TOS:"The Pandora Principle")
          2282 Events as chronicled in TOSN:"Pandora's Principle"
          2283 NCC-1701 return from 6th FYM, extensive refit
               The bottle of Romulan Ale McCoy gives to Kirk as a birthday
                 gift in 2285 bears this date.
          2284 NCC-1701 retired to training vessel of StarFleet Academy
                 (TNG Tech Manual)
               Dr. Carol marcus presetns Project Genesis proposal to the
                 Federation.  The project was approved and her team moved
                 into Regular I space station for research. (ST2:WOK)
               Commander Kyle is assigned to RELIANT.
8130.3    2285 "Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan"
               Khan Noonian Singh captured USS RELIANT, and scoured Regula
                 Space Station for signs of the Genesis device, killed all
                 who is onboard, in his quest for vengeance against Kirk.
                 Sole Genesis research team survivors are Doctors David and
                 Carol Marcus, son and mother team.
               NCC-1701 heavily damaged after engaging the renegade ship
                 USS RELIANT in the Mutara Nebula
               Captain Spock perished after restoring warp drive, allowing
                 the ship to escape the growing Genesis wave
8205.5         USS EXCELSIOR was commissioned in San Francisco orbital
                 yards as an experimental testbed for the unsuccessful
                 Transwarp Development Project.  It was later refitted with
                 standard warp drive and served successfully. 110
8210.3         "Star Trek III: The Search for Spock"
               First sighting of the USS EXCELSIOR (NX-2000), class ship,
                 said to be equipped with "Transwarp"
               StarFleet decided not to rebuild NCC-1701
               NCC-1701 left for Genesis planet under unauthorized mission
                 by former crew in search of USS GRISSOM
               David Marcus, Genesis scientist, son of Admiral James T.
                 Kirk, was killed by renegade Klingon forces.
               NCC-1701 self-destructed over Genesis planet, after being
                 disabled by Kruge's Bird of Prey.  Kruge is searching for
                 the Genesis Device/Torpedo, as Klingons feared it as the
                 ultimate weapon, and must possess it.
               Kirk and crew captured Kruge's frigate, and fled to Vulcan
               USS HATHAWAY is launched.  (TNG:"Peak Performance")
               Kirk and crew stayed on Vulcan for approximately 3 months
8390           "Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home"
               Whalesong Crisis: An alien probe, attempting to communicate
                 with the long-extinct hunchback whales of the Terran
                 oceans, radically altered Terra's environment, threatening
                 to end human life on Earth once and for all
               Kirk and company decided to return to Earth to face court-
                 martial proceedings.  After discovering Earth is under
                 attack, they initiated time travel to bring back hunchback
                 whales from the past, c1987.
               Kirk and company, after ending the "Whalesong Crisis", was
                 court-martialed for the unauthorized mission in the
                 NCC-1701.  Kirk was demoted to Captain, given command of
                 the new ENTERPRISE NCC-1701-A
          2286 (UFP/StarFleet) USS ENTERPRISE Constitution-class heavy
                 cruiser, new construction, rechristened from USS YORKTOWN
                 (TNG Tech Manual) Designation NCC-1701-A (ST4:TVH)
               Fate unknown (probably lost, see later) 11
               AThe Lornak clan of Acamar III massacre all but five members
                 of the clan Tralesta, ending a blood feud that had lasted
                 for 200 years.  Yuta of Tralesta was one of the survivors,
                 and she was modified to slow aging so that she can avenge
                 her clan upon the Lornaks (TNG:"The Vengeance Factor")
8454.1   c2287 "Star Trek V: The Final Frontier" 111
               Hostage situation developed on Nimbus III, "the planet of
                 intergalactic peace"
               Pioneer 10, drifting in deep space, is destroyed by Klaa's
                 Bird of Prey HAKRON.
               NCC-1701-A hijacked by Sybok and his followers on the quest
                 for Sha Ka Ree at the center of the galaxy
               Events as chronicled in TOSN:Probe.
               Transwarp proven to be a failure (*) 112
               The EXCELSIOR, after having transwarp removed and refitted
                 with normal warp drive, was redesignated NCC-2000
                 (previously NX-2000)  (ST6:TUC) 113
               A Federation starship suffered a systemwide failure, last
                 such occurance until 2366 (TNG:"Evolution") 114
         c2288 USS EXCELSIOR assigned to chart the Reydovan Sector, Beta
                 Quadrant.  (ST6:TUC)
               Last SOYUZ-class vessel decommissioned, possibly replaced by
                 MIRANDA-class vessels (TNG:"Cause and Effect") 115
      c2289-90 Leonard McCoy's grandchildren are born 116
         c2290 Captain Styles, captain of USS EXCELSIOR, accepted a
                 promotion to a post within StarFleet Command
               Captain Hikaru Sulu was promoted to command the EXCELSIOR,
                 which WAS rightfully his  (ST6:TUC)
               Janice Rand assigned as EXCELSIOR comm officer (ST6:TUC)
               All Federation starships outfitted with improved sensors to
                 aid scientific project cataloging planetary atmospheric
                 anomalies (ST6:TUC)
               IKV T'ONG launched as a cryogenic ship intended for surprise
                 attack against the Federation (TNG:"The Emmissary")
          2292 Alliance between Klingon Empire and Romulan Star Empire
                 collapses.  The two former allies remained bitter enemies
                 for the next 75 years. (TNG:"Reunion")
               Klingons develop improved Bird-Of-Prey capable of
                 maintaining limited cloak while firing torpedoes. (ST6)
9522.6   c2293 Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country
               Organians disappeared, whereabouts unknown
               Klingon moon of Praxis exploded, contaminating atmosphere of
                 the Klingon home world Kronos, leaving 50 years of oxygen
               Chief Councillor Gorkon of the Klingon Empire proposed peace
                 to the Federation.  En route, Gorkon's ship was attacked,
                 Gorkon assassinated by persons using Federation equipment
               Kirk and McCoy were arrested for assassinating Counselor
                 Gorkon, sentenced to life on Rhue Pente
               ENTERPRISE and Spock discovered traitor onboard, uncovered
                 conspiracy among Klingons, Romulans, and Federation
                 personnel to disrupt the peace conference
               Kirk and McCoy was rescued and conspiracy is revealed.
                 General Chang 117, the Klingon traitor, was killed when
                 his prototype Bird of Prey OKRONA was destroyed by
                 combined firepower of ENTERPRISE and EXCELSIOR
               NCC-1701-A participated in the Khitomer Conference (*)
                 (ST6:TUC) 118
               Spock met Senator Pardek during the Khitomer Conference.
                 (TNG:"Unification I")
               Events chronicled in the novel "Best Destiny"
                 (TOSN:Best Destiny)
          2294 NCC-1701-A retired from active service, held in the
                 StarFleet Reserve Yards over Luna
               Captain Montgomery Scott, furious over retirement of
                 Enterprise, retired from StarFleet 119
               (TNG:"Relics")
               Captain James T. Kirk settled to an Academy teaching
                 position, only to occasionally command a cadet ship (?)
               Captain Spock was given command, but he turned it down,
                 preferring instead a teaching position beside his lifelong
                 friend James T. Kirk (?)
               Captain (?) Leonard H. McCoy was given a teaching position
                 at the Starfleet Medical Academy (?)
               The rest of the Enterprise crew was scattered... (?)
7893.1   c2294 USS JENOLEN NC-567 transport was lost while en route to
                 Norpin V colony, cause unknown.  Montgomery Scott was
                 onboard to his retirement. (TNG:"Relics", TNGN:Relics) 120
          2295 Outbreak of plasma plague on Obi VI.  Dr. Susan Nuress
                 conducted 58 tests resulting in at least one highly
                 virulent mutated strain. (TNG:"The Child") 121
          2296 Eastern Cotinental government of Rutia IV denies a bid for
                 independence by Ansata.  Ansata started a terrorist war
                 for their independence. (TNG:"The High Ground")
          2297 Klingon expedition encountered Ventax II's civilization, a
                 peaceful agrarian culture with evidence of a
                 technologically advanced soecity in centuries past.
                 (TNG:"Devil's Due") 122
         c2300 (UFP/StarFleet) USS ENTERPRISE, EXCELSIOR-class
                 (battleship?), redesigned for normal warp engines instead
                 of transwarp, built at StarFleet Antares Yards. (#)
                 (TNG Tech Manual) Designation  NCC-1701-B.
                 Fate unknown  Commander unknown 123 (?)
          2302 Last Federation contain with Angel I before 2364.
                 (TNG:"Angel One") 124
         c2305 July 13th, birth of Jean-Luc Picard, son of Maurice and
                 Yvette Gessard Picard in LaBarre, France, Terra, future
                 captain of ENTERPRISE NCC-1701-D
                 (TNGN:Encounter at Farpoint/#1, TNG:"Conundrum") 125 126
         c2307 Birthyear of Timicim (Dr.?) on Kaelon II (TNG:"Half a Life")
         c2310 Cardassians invaded Bajor (DS9:"The Emmissary") 127
               Construction of the Cardassian mining station later known as
                 Deep Space Nine begins in Bajoran orbit (speculation)
          2311 Tomed Incident.  Thousands of Federation lives were lost.
                 Last Federation contact with Romulans before 2364.
               Covert Romulan activity provoked open conflict between the
                 Klingon Empire and the Federation (?)
               NCC-1701-A lost with Kirk during a second peace initiative
                 proposed by Spock to the Klingon Empire (?)
               Klingon Empire declared war on the Federation (?)
               The Swift War starts, may also known as The Second Four
                 Years War (Worlds of the Federation) (?) 128
               Romulans sever diplomatic relations with the Federation
                 during the Tomad incident, costing thousands of lives.
                 (TNG:"The Neutral Zone")
               Romulans entered their seclusion period, which would last
                 approximately 50 years.  (TNG:"The Neutral Zone") 129
          2312 A Douwd assumed the form of Kevin Uxbridge on Earth and
                 married a human woman named Rishon.  (TNG:"Survivors")
         c2313 Yuta killed Penthor-Mal, member of the Lornak Clan, in her
                 quest of vengeance for the massacre of her clan.
                 (TNG:"The Vengeance Factor")
         c2314 Mark Jameson married Anne.  He had commanded starship
                 Gettysburg. (TNG:"Too Short a Season")
         c2319 Klingon Empire signs armistice with Federation, declared war
                 on Romulan Star Empire (?)
               Federation became entangled in the Klingo-Romulan war (?)
                 (See epilogue of TOSN:The Rift)
               Civil War or Mordan IV spread out as the government hijacked
                 a passing starliner, holding 63 passengers hostage.  The
                 government demanded advanced weaponry from the Federation.
                 Previous two negotiators were killed.  (Then lieutenant)
                 Jameson was sent by StarFleet, who managed to got the
                 hostages out safely.
               It was later discovered that Jameson succeeded because he
                 complied with the demands.  He supplied the government
                 with phasers.  However, he supplied the other side as
                 well.  (In a way, he did not violate the Prime Directive)
                 The result is four more decades of Civil War, in which
                 millions died.  (TNG:"Too Short a Season")
          2322 Picard was rejected in his first application to Starfleet
                 Academy (TNG:"Conundrum")
         c2323 Klingo-Romulan War ended inconclusively. (estimated)
               Picard successfully entered SFA on his second attempt.
                 (TNG:"The First Duty", TNG:"Coming of Age")
               Picard successfully won the Academy marathon, becoming the
                 first freshman to do so ever in Academy history
                 (TNG:"The Best of Both Worlds II")
         c2324 Federation's first encounter with the Cardassian Empire
                 resulted in a full-scale war, reasons unknown.  Conflict
                 became known as "The Cardassian War" (estimated) 130
               Beverly Howard, future Beverly Crusehr, born in Copernicus
                 City, Luna, to Paul and Isabel Howard. (TNG:"Conundrum")
               SFA team won a parrises squares tournament over a heavily
                 favored team from Minsk.  (TNG:"First Duty")
          2325 Devinoni Ral is born on Earth, Brussels, European Alliance.
                 He is one quarter Betazoid.  (TNG:"The Price")
         c2326 Cadet J.L. Picard met Delcara at the Academy (TNGN:Vendetta)
               Ambassador Spock attacked Sarek's position on the Cardassian
                 War, and was rebuked by Perrin, Sarek's second wife.
                 (TNG:"Unification I")
          2327 Jean-Luc Picard graduated from StarFleet Academy as
                 valedictorian.  (TNG:"First Duty")
         c2328 Ensign Picard was attacked by trio of Narssicans at Starbase
                 Eirhardt, and was impaled through the heart.  He survived,
                 but requires periodic cardiac replacement
                 (TNG:"Samaritan Snare", TNG:"Tapestry")
               First Federation-Cardassian War ended inconclusively,
                 neither side lost much, but gained each other's respect.
         c2329 Isolinear Chip replaced duotronic processors in most
                 Federation computers (TNGN:Relics)
               Counselors assigned to all deep space exploration vessels.
                 (TNGN:Relics)
          2331 UFP established an outpost on Boradis III, first settlement
                 in system.  (TNG:"The Emissary")
          2333 Jean-Luc Picard promoted to Captain, takes command of
                 USS STARGAZER at age 28 131
         c2334 NCC-1701-B decommissioned or destroyed (?) 132
               October 13, Birth of Beverly Howard (later Crusher) at
                 Copernicus City, Luna, Sol, daughter of Paul and Isabel
                 Howard. 133 (TNG:"Conundrum")
         c2335 (UFP/StarFleet) USS ENTERPRISE, AMBASSADOR-Class heavy
                 cruiser, built at Terran McKinley Station. 134
                 Designation  NCC-1701-C (year is an estimate only...) (#)
               Birth of William Thelonious Riker, Valdez, Alaska, Terra,
                 son of Kyle Riker and ??? (Pocket #1) 135 136
                 (TNG:"The Icarus Factor")
               Birth of Geordi La Forge in the African Confederation,
                 Terra.  He was born without formative matter in his eyes,
                 thus blind and impossible to correct via surgery.
                 (TNG:"Cause and Effect")
               Captain Jean-Luc Picard attends the wedding of Ambassador
                 Sarek's son (probably Spock?)  (TNG:"Sarek") 137
          2336 March 29, birthdate of Deanna Troi, on Betazed, daughter of
                 Ian Andrew Troi And Lwaxana Troi.  (TNG:"Conundrum") 138
               Crystalline entity attacked the science colony at Omicron
                 Theta and destroyed it.  Its inhabitants are believed to
                 have all perished.  (TNG:"Datalore")
               Will Riker's mother died approximately in this year.
                 (TNG:"The Icarus Factor") 139
         c2337 Birth of Tasha Yar, at Turkana IV, future ENTERPRISE
                 security chief. (TNG:"The Naked Now", TNG:"Legacy")
               Will Riker's mother died, leaving him to be raised by his
                 father, Starfleet civilian adviser Kyle Riker.
                 (TNG:"The Icarus Factor")
               Trill ambassador Odan successfully mediated a dispute
                 between the two moons of Peliar Zel. (TNG:"The Host") 140
               Civil War ravages Turkana IV, leading to anarchistic society
                 which lasted till today.  Various "gangs" fought for power
                 and control.  Eventually only two are left. (TNG:"Legacy")
         c2338 USS TRIPOLI, while investigating the disappearance of the
                 colony at Omicron Theta, discovered an android at Omicron
                 Theta. The android named himself "Data".  (TNG:"Datalore")
               Data graduated from StarFleet Academy (TNG:"Conundrum")
          2340 Jan 14, birthdate of Ro Laren, future crew of NCC-1701-D.
                 (TNG:"The Next Phase")
               Birth of Worf, at Klingon Homeworld Qo'noS (Kronos), son of
                 Morgh, future StarFleet Officer, ENTERPRISE security
                 chief. 141 142  (TNG:"The Bonding")
               La Forge, age 5, was caught in a fire.  His parents rescued
                 him after a few minutes, but it was a traumatic
                 experience.  He have not had the VISOR implant at that
                 time.  (TNG:"Hero Worship")
          2341 Data enters Starfleet Academy.  Academy have ruled that Data
                 is sentient and elegible for entry.
                 (TNG:"Conundrum","Redemption II", "Encounter at Farpoint")
         c2342 Negotiations for the Federation/Klingon alliance began, also
                 known as the Grand Alliance Treaty.  (estimated)
          2342 Ishara Yar born on Turkana IV (TNG:"Legacy")
               Yar's parents were killed by corssfire between rival gangs.
                 (TNG:"The Naked Now")
               April 9th, J.L. Picard stood up the future Jenise Manheim by
                 not showing up at the date at Cafe des Artistes in Paris
                 at the end of the shore leave.
                 (TNG:"We'll Always Have Paris")
               Beverly Howard enters Starfleet Academy medical school.
                 (TNG:"Conundrum")
          2343 GALAXY-class project officially approved by the Federation,
                 design of USS GALAXY started.  (TNG Tech Manual)
               Geordi La Forge, age eight, gets his first pet, Circassian
                 cat.  It's "funny-looking" (TNG:"Violations")
          2344 ENTERPRISE NCC-1701-C under command of Captain Rachel Garret
                 lost near Klingon outpost Narendra III.  Later Klingons
                 reveal the base was devastated by Romulan attack, and
                 ENTERPRISE sacrificed herself so the Klingon outpost
                 personnel can evacuate safely.
                 (TNG:"Yesterday's ENTERPRISE", TNG Tech Manual)
               Rumor have some of the crew survived and were taken to
                 Romulus.  Tasha Yar was among the survivors.  Upon
                 arriving at Romulus, a Romulan Admiral fell in love with
                 her, and married her.  (TNG:"Redemption II")
                 (See TNG:"Yesterday's ENTERPRISE" for details)
               A Federation starship is destroyed by the Jarada as the
                 ship's captain mispronounced a Jaradan greeting, gravely
                 insulting the insectoid race.  (TNG:"The Big Goodbye")
               Young Will Riker went fishing with his father near their
                 home.  Will got a big fish but his father insists on
                 reeling it in.  The incident bothered Will for many years.
                 (TNG:"The Icarus Factor")
         c2345 Birth of Kern (also Kurn), brother of Worf, son of Morgh, at
                 Kronos. 143  (TNG:"Sins of the Father")
               Birth of Sela, daughter of Tasha Yar and a Romulan Admiral.
                 The child is more Romulan than human, and is thoroughly
                 loyal to her father, rather than to her mother.
                 (TNG:"Redemption II")
               Data graduates from SFA with honors in exobiology and
                 probablility mechanics. (TNG:"Encounter at Farpoint") 144
          2346 Mogh suspects Ja'rod, a Duras, of plottign with Romualns
                 against the Empire.  He followed Ja'rod to the Khitomer
                 Outpost with his wife, nurse, and Worf, leaving his
                 younger son to a friend Lorgh. (TNG:"Sins of the Father")
               Romulans attacked Khitomer, four thousand Klingons are
                 killed, some were captured.  Mogh is posthumously accused
                 of providing the defense codes to teh Romulans, but Ja'rod
                 is actually guilty.  (TNG:"Sins of the Father",
                 "Birthright II")
23859.7        USS INTREPID, commanded by Captain Drew Deighan, reached the
                 Klingon Colony of Khitomer as it responds to a distress
                 call.  It arrived to find the colony in ruins.  There were
                 only two survivors. 145
               Federation starship INTREPID responded to the distress call.
                 Warp field specialist Sergey Rozhenko rescued Worf, a six-
                 year old child, from the rubble.  The only other survivor,
                 Kahlest, is tereated and returned to the Empire.  Klingon
                 High Command was not aware of Worf's brother Kurn and
                 therefore allowed Sergey to adopt Worf and raise him on
                 Gault.  (TNG:"Sins of the Father", "Family")
               Astrophysicist Paul Stubbs begins project to study the decay
                 of neutronium expelled at relativistic speeds in stellar
                 explosion.  (TNG:"Evolution")
         c2347 Worf gets into trouble in school on Gault for beating up
                 several human teenage boys (TNG:"Family")
               Ro Laren's father was tortured by death by Cardassians in
                 front of Ro.  She was only seven.  (TNG:"Ensign Ro")
               Robert Picard gave Jean-Luc a bottle of Chateau Picard of
                 this year's vintage in 2367.  Jean-Luc Picard later shared
                 the bottle with Chancellor Durken of Malcor.
                 (TNG:"Family","First Contact")
               Starfleet Command orderes a change in the design of the
                 Starfleet emblem. (conjecture) 146
          2348 Picard visited his home at LaBarre, France.  He won't be
                 back for almost two decades.  (TNG:"Family")
               Starfleet officer Jack Crusher married medical Beverly
                 Howard.  They had been introduced by Walker Keel, close
                 friend of Jack Crusher and Jean-Luc Picard.
                 (TNG:"Family", "Conspiracy")
               Marouk, sovereign of Acamar III, made an effort to reconcile
                 her differenced with teh Gatherers, who refused to accept
                 the peace that had existed for 82 years.
                 (TNG:"The Vengeance Factor")
         c2349 Tasha Yar attempted to escape from Romulus with her four-
                 year old daughter Sela.  Sela cried out as her mother have
                 betrayed her father.  The cry alerted the guards.  Yar was
                 apprehended and executed.  (TNG:"Redemption II")
               Birth of Wesley Richard(?) Crusher, son of Jack and Beverly
                 Crusher, future ensign on ENTERPRISE NCC-1701-D 147
                 (TNG:"Evolution", TNG:"Family")
               Paul Manheim's time-gravity work begin to gain acceptance in
                 the Federation scientific community.
                 (TNG:"We'll Always Have Paris")
               William T. Riker left home to join StarFleet, after being
                 abandoned by his father.  Will was 15 at the time.
                 (TNG:"The Icarus Factor")
         c2350 Dr. Manheim dropped out of sight to continue his study on
                 non-linear time, location unknown.
                 (TNG:"We'll Always Have Paris")
               USS ENTERPRISE NCC-1701-D begins construction at Utopia
                 Planetia StarFleet Yards, Mars. (TNG:TM)
         c2351 USS STARGAZER, Jean-Luc Picard commanding, was chased from
                 sector 21505 by a Cardassian warship when attempting peace
                 negotiations.  (TNG:"The Wounded")
               Sergey and Helena Rozhenko, along with their adopted son
                 Worf and another son moved from Gault to Earth 148
         c2352 Tasha Yar escapes from her homeworld Turkana IV, to
                 eventually join StarFleet. Turkana IV severed all contact
                 with outside world. (TNG:"Legacy")
               Beverly Crusher met Dr. Dylan Quaice. (TNG:"Remember Me?")
               Varria began a 14-year association with collector kivas
                 Fajo.  (TNG:"The Most Toys")
         c2353 Kyle Riker was advising StarFleet near the Tholian border as
                 a civilian strategist when a Tholian fleet attacked the
                 Starbase.  Kyle Riker was the sole survivor.
               Kyle Riker met Kate Polaski, who was the doctor assigned to
                 him.  They ALMOST married.  (TNG:"The Icarus Factor")
               Approximate birthyear of Jeramiah "Jono" Rosa, son of Connor
                 and Moira Rossa, grandson of admiral Connaught Rossa, at
                 Galen IV colony.  (TNG:"Suddenly Human")
               William T. Riker entered SFA.(TNG:"Icarus Factor")
               His friend was fellow student Paul Rice, who commands the
                 USS DRAKE. (TNG:"Arsenal of Freedom")
               Geordi La Forge entered SFA Engineering school at age 18.
                 (TNG:"Cause and Effect")
         c2354 USS STARGAZER visited Chalna (TNG:"Allegiance")
               Jeremy Aster was born to Marla Aster.  (TNG:"The Bonding")
               Death of (Cmdr?) Jack Crusher while attempting to free
                 STARGAZER from a natural trap.  Picard returned his body
                 to earth to the grieving Beverly Crusher 149
                 (TNG:"Violations", TNGN:Reunion)
          2355 USS STARGAZER was attacked by an unknown ship.  Forced to
                 defend his ship, Captain Picard introduced the "Picard
                 Maneuver". 150  The hostile was destroyed, but STARGAZER
                 was abandoned in Maxia Zeta system  (TNG:"The Battle")
               Court-Martial proceeding for Captain Picard, prosecuted by
                 Philipa Louvois, the JAG officer.  Picard was absolved of
                 all charges  (TNG:"Measure of Man")
               Later studies showed that the unknown ship Picard
                 encountered was a Ferengi vessel.  (TNG:"The Battle")
         c2355Beverly Howard Crusher graduates from StarFleet Academy
                 (TNG:"Conundrum")
               Worf reached his first age of ascension, important step in
                 the coming of age of a warrior. (TNG:"Icarus Factor")
          2356 May 5, USS GALAXY (NX-70637) launched from orbital dock
                 stations  (TNG Tech Manual) 151
               Last Turellian ship seen was destroyed.  (TNG:"Haven")
          2357 Independent freighter ODIN malfunctioned near Neutral Zone.
                 Four male survivors in escape pods landed on Angel One,
                 precipitating an underground movement. (TNG:"Angel One")
               William T. Riker graduated from StarFleet Academy.  He was
                 assigned as a lieutenant to POTEMKIN, and later to the
                 scout FORTUNA.  (conjecture)
               Laroge Graduates from SFA with major engineering.  He was
                 assigned to USS VICTORY.
               Worf enters SFA, first Klingon to do so.  His brother
                 attempted, but dropped out a year later,& return to Gault
                 (TNG:"Heart of Glory")
               USS GALAXY, class ship, NCC-70637, commissioned (TNG:TM)
               Tallerians attacked the Galon IV colony.  All inhabitants
                 were believed to have been killed. (TNG:"Suddenly Human")
               Ornarron captain T'Jon assumes command of the freighter
                 SANCTION, transport of Elysium between Brekka and Ornara.
                 (TNG:"Symbiosis")
          2358 Major system work progressed on GALAXY-class tarship
                 Enterprise at Utopia Planitia Starfleet Yards, Mars, under
                 supervision of Commander Quinteros.  Members include Dr.
                 Leah Brahms, junior member, engineering team seven.
                 (TNG:"Booby Trap","11001001")
          2359 Civil War, which lasted four decades, ended on Mordan IV.
                 (TNG:"Too Short a Season")
               USS YAMATO, second GALAXY-class vessel, commissioned 152
               Admiral Mark Jameson started to show symptoms of Iverson's
                 Disease.  (TNG:"Too Short a Season")
               William T. Riker was posted temporarily to Betazed as
                 StarFleet liaison after serving on the scout FORTUNA
               William T. Riker had an intense relationship with Deanna
                 Troi at approximately this time period.
               William T. Riker was posted as First Officer of USS HOOD.
                 (TNGN:Imzadi)
               Deanna Troi was studying at the University of Betazed at
                 that time, where she met both Riker and Tam Elbrun.
                 (TNG:"Tin Man")
               Worf and K'Ehleyr have an unresolved romantic relationship.
                 (TNG:"The Emissary")
         c2361 Deanna Troi, despite Lwaxana's objections, joined StarFleet
                 and entered Starfleet Academy this year (TNG:"Conundrum")
               USS POTEMKIN visited Turkana IV.  Colonists warned that
                 anyone beaming down will be killed (TNG:"Legacy")
               Federation's Bi-Centennial (TNG:"The Outcast")
               Kevin and Rishon Uxbridge arrive at the Delta Rana IV
                 colony.  Kevin is really a Douwd (TNG:"The Survivors")
               Archaeologist Vash begins work as assistant to Samuel
                 Estragon, who worked to recover the device called Tos
                 Uthat, an artifact from 27th century.
                 (TNG:"Captain's Holiday")
               Jeremy Aster's father died of a Russhton infection.  Marla
                 raised Jeremy alone, and transfered to Enterprise when
                 Marla accepted position of staff achaelologist.
                 (TNG:"The Bonding")
          2362 Dr. Dylan Quaice is transferred to Starbase 133.
                 (TNG:"Remember Me?")
40164.7  c2362 Lt.jg. Geordi Laforge and landing party landed on
                 Tarchannen III for survey duty, investigating the
                 disappearance of 49 colonists, while serving on
                 USS VICTORY, NCC-45167. The landing party contracted a
                 hidden virus.  The fate of the colonists remained unknown
                 until the virus woke up in LaForge and others 5 years
                 later.  (TNG:"Identity Crisis")
               Deanna Troi graduated from StarFleet Academy
                 (TNG:"Conundrum")
          2363 TSIOLKOVSKY begins its last science mission.
                 (TNG:"The Naked Now")
40759.5   2363 October 4th, (UFP/StarFleet) USS ENTERPRISE, GALAXY-Class
                 exploration cruiser, new construction, Utopia Planetia
                 StarFleet Yards, Mars, Sol System, Sector 001.
                 Top speed: revised warp 9.95.  153
                 Designation  NCC-1701-D     (TNG Tech Manual)
               Commander:Captain Jean-Luc Picard
                         Commander (Brevet Captain) William T. Riker
                         Captain Edward Jellicoe
          2364 Events of the first season of ST:TNG
               Lieutenant Miles Edward O'Brien transferred to ENTERPRISE as
                 Chief of transporter operations, having previously served
                 on USS RUTLEDGE as tactical officer with Capt. Ben Maxwell
                 (TNG:"The Wounded") 154
               StarFleet begins search for a suitable star for the
                 Kaelonian experiment to revive a dying star.
                 (TNG:"Half a Life")
               Nick Locarno is accepted as a cadet at SFA, one of the most
                 promising students ever to attend.  (TNG:"First Duty")
               Enterprise responds to an emergency call on Carnel, where
                 Picard met Yar.  Picard was so impressed that he asked Yar
                 to serve with him on his new command.  155
               Will Riker was offered the command of the USS DRAKE, but
                 Riker refused, instead opted for a tour on the Enterprise
                 as XO.  Drake went to Riker's friend, Paul Rice, and DRAKE
                 was later destroyed at Minos.  (TNG:"Arsenal of Freedom")
41124          Captain Jean-Luc takes command of the ENTERPRISE
                 (TNG:"The Drumhead") 156
41153.7        "Encounter at Farpoint" (101/102)
               Admrial Leonard H. McCOy travelled aboard the USS HOOD to
                 rendezvous with the Enterpriseat Farpoint.  Others onboard
                 includes William T. Riker, Lieutnant (j.g.) Geordi La
                 Forge, Dr. Beverly Crusher and her son Wesley Crusher, all
                 en route to assignment on the Enterprise.
               Enterprise, on its maiden voyage toward Farpoint station,
                 was intercepted by Q and put on trial for the savagery of
                 humanity.  Farpoint station turn out to be a large space
                 creature held against its will.
               Commander William T. Riker came onboard at Farpoint station
                 as first officer, having previously served on the USS HOOD
                 under Captain DeSoto as first officer
                 (Writer's Guide, First Year Sourcebook)
41154          Beverly Crusher assigned to Enterprise (TNG:"Remember Me?")
41187.5        "Where No One Has Gone Before" (DC Mini #1)
41190.3        "Spirit in the Sky" (DC Mini #2)
41195.7        "Q Factor" (DC Mini #3)
41198.3        "Q's Day" (DC Mini #4)
41198.7        "Q Affects" (DC Mini #5)
41199.3        "Here Today" (DC Mini #6)
41209.2        "The Naked Now" (103)
               Crew is affected by a similar virus that releases inhibition
                 of the original NCC-1701 crew at Psi 2000
               USS TSIOLKOVSKY destroyed by stellar debris
               Romulan Senator Pardek participates in trade negotiations.
                 (TNG:"Unification I")
41235.25       "Code of Honor" (104)
               Lt. Tasha Yar is kidnapped by an alien leader and challenged
                 to the death by the leader's mate.
               Starfleet propulsion specialist Kosinski performs warp
                 system upgrades on starships FEARLESS and AJAX, both ships
                 reported minor performance gains.
                 (TNG:"Where No One Has Gone Before")
41242.4        "Datalore" (114)
               Data's "brother" Lore rediscovered at Omicron Theta
               First encounter of the Crystal Entity
               Lore transported into space, fate unknown
41249.3        "Lonely Among Us" (108)
               An energy entity accidentally trapped in the ship caused
                 Picard to desert his ship.
               Enterprise escorted Earth colonists to Strnad system for a
                 settlement, and soon after discovered life in the
                 adjoining Rubicun system.  (see next)
41255.6        "Justice" (109)
               Wesley was sentenced to death for violating the planet's
                 regulations (minor by our standards)
               First contact with the Edoans
41263.1        "Where None Have Gone Before" (106)
               An experiment in warp drive propels the Enterprise 2,700,000
                 lightyears, caused by the Traveller's special abilities.
               Wesley Crusher promoted to Acting Ensign
41294.5        "Haven" (105)
               Troi faces a prearranged marriage, but love that transcends
                 the universe prevails.
               Starfleet Command received urgent transmission from Karnas,
                 leader of Mordan IV, that terrorists have seized hostages
                 and requested mediator Admiral Mark Jameson. (see next)
41309.5        "Too Short a Season" (112)
               Admiral Mark Jameson was lured back to Mordan IV for the
                 crime he committed against the planet (see earlier entries
                 about Jameson), where he died from a drug overdose.
                 (TNG:"Too Short a Season")
41344          Vulcan ship T'PAU was decommissioned and sent to surplus
                 depot Zed-15 orbiting Qualor II. (TNG:"Unification I") 157
41365.9        "11001001" (116)
               Enterprise was hijacked by Binars to protect their central
                 computer from shutdown by a nearby nova
               Ferengi agents stole T-9 energy converter from the unmanned
                 outpost on Gamma Tauri IV.  (see next)
41386.4        "The Last Outpost" (107)
               A Ferengi ship and Enterprise were caught over a planet
                 thought to be dead for thousands of years
               Remnants of the Tkon Empire discovered
41416.2        "Coming of Age" (119)
               Wesley's entrance exam to Starfleet Academy coincides with
                 an investigation on Picard
41463.9        "Home Soil" (117)
               An investigation of a terraforming station turned deadly
                 when a previously unknown lifeform was found.
41503.7        "Heart of Glory" (120)
               Enterprise intercepts renegade Klingons, who asked Worf to
                 help them seek their honor as warriors with no war
?????.?        Ghost Ship (Pocket #1)
               Enterprise encountered a creature that captures the souls of
                 those onboard ships, and has been doing so for thousands
                 of years, and her next intended victim is...
?????.?        "Symbiosis" (123)
               Enterprise rescued a ship carrying narcotic to neighboring
                 planet, who thought it was a cure to their disease 158
?????.?        Benzan of Strleb and Yanar of Atlec began a romantic
                 relationship.  Benzan gave Yanar the "Jewel of Thesia", a
                 Straleb national treasure, as a nupital gift, while their
                 parents remains unaware. (TNG:"The Outrageous Okona") 159
41509.1        "When the Bough Breaks" (118)
               Sterile inhabitants of a cloaked planet kidnap children from
                 the Enterprise, including Wesley Crusher
?????.?        The Peacekeepers (Pocket #2)
               Deanna Troi departed on shuttle to Starbase G-6 for a visit
                 home on Betazed (see next)
               Explosion at Federation mining colony on Sigma III injured
                 504, Enterprise received the mayday (see next)
41590.5        "Hide and Q" (111)
               Riker was granted the ultimate gift: the power of Q.
41601.3        "Skin of Evil" (122)
               Lt. Tasha Yar killed in line of duty by Armus on Vagra II
                 during a rescue attempt to retrieve Counselor Troi
               Worf promoted to Chief of Security/Tactical Officer
               Enterprise investigates the disappearance of Federation
                 freighter ODIN, missing for seven years.  (see next)
41636.9        "Angel One" (115)
               Enterprise's attempt to rescue a downed ship on a
                 matriarchal planet turned into an appeal for clemency for
                 the "revolutionaries" who loves dominant men
               Romulan spacecraft detected near Federation border outpost,
                 BERLIN dispatched to investigate (see above)
41697.9        "We'll Always Have Paris" (124)
               A scientist's temporal experiments rips apart the fabric of
                 space/time; Picard meets his old flame
               Ferengi vessel contacted Enterprise to request meeting in
                 Xendi Sabu system.  (see next)
41723.9        "The Battle" (110)
               USS STARGAZER reclaimed in Bendi Sabu system after Daimon
                 Bok's plot to discredit Picard failed.  Daimon Bok's son
                 was Daimon on the "unknown" ship Picard destroyed c2360 at
                 Battle of Maxia Beta
               STARGAZER was towed to Xendi Starbase 9 (see above)
               Admiral Norah Satie uncovered evidence of widespread
                 conspiracy infiltrating Stafleet command. (TNG:"Drumhead")
41775.5        "Conspiracy" (125)
               Parasitic mother creature eliminated by Picard and Riker
                 after infiltrating Starfleet Command and higher echelons
                 of the Federation
41798.2        "Arsenal of Freedom" (121)
               Enterprise and crew fights an adaptive combat system that
                 had turned on its owners
?????.?        Survivors (Pocket #4)
?????.?        The Children of Hamlin (Pocket #3)
?              Communications lost with Federation starbases in Sector 3-0,
                 near Romulan Neutral Zone.  Two outposts are believed
                 destroyed, agents unknown
               Picard attended emergency conference at Stabase 718 to
                 discuss possible Romulan resurgence (see next)
41986.0        "The Neutral Zone"
               Discovery of three 20th century survivors by cryogenics
                 coincides with return of Romulans after 50 year absence
               First evidence of the Borg was discovered in the Neutral
                 Zone as several outposts on both sides disappeared. 160
41997.7        "The Big Goodbye"
               Picard, Beverly Crusher, and Data, are trapped on the
                 mulfunctioning holodeck turned deadly.
          2365 Events of the second season of ST:TNG
               Cardassian Empire and Federation began negotiations for a
                 more permanent peace in this year (est)
               Dr. Beverly Crusher became Head of Starfleet Medical
               Dr. Katherine "Kate" Polaski became CMO of ENTERPRISE,
                 having previously served on the REPULSE (TNG:"The Child")
               Lt. LaForge transferred to engineering from helm, with
                 promotion to full lieutenant.
               Guinan came onboard as hostess of Ten Forward lounge, having
                 previously lived on Nestoriel III 161
42073.1        "The Child"
               Troi became pregnant by an alien energy entity, who wished
                 to experience the life of a human being.  162
?????.?        Captain's Honor (Pocket #8)
42193.6        "Where Silence Has lease" (128)
               Enterprise was caught in a void by Nagilum, who conducted
                 experiments on the crew 163
               Crew of USS LANTREE received routine examination and was
                 found to be in perfect health (TNG:"Unnatural Selection")
               LaForge built a model of HMS Victory British sailing ship as
                 a gift to VICTORY's captain Zimbata.
42286.3        "Elementary, Dear Data" (129)
               Data and Geordi's holodeck ventures turned to nightmare when
                 the computer gave Moriarity true intelligence and will to
                 live his own life
42305.7        "Return to Raimon" (DC #1)
42307.2        "Murder Most Foul" (DC #2)
42360          "The Derelict" (DC #3)
42361.8        "The Hero Factor" (DC #4)
42402.7        "The Outrageous Okona" (130)
               The charming rogue tradeship captain was accused by two
                 planets of theft and philandering
?????.?        Strike Zone (Pocket #5)
               Discovery of fantastic weapons almost leads to full-scale
                 war between the Klingons and the Kreel, with Enterprise in
                 the middle
42422.5        Power Hungry (Pocket #6)
42437.5        "The Schizoid Man" (131)
               Dying scientist transferred his dying soul into Data, almost
                 erasing Data at his quest to continue his life
42477.2        "Loud as a Whisper" (132)
               A deaf mediator is forced to start from ground up when his
                 interpreters are killed by the warring parties
??             First officer of LANTREE treated for Thelusian flu
??             LANTREE under captain Iso Telaka visited Darwin genetic
                 research station on Gagarin IV.
42493.1        Twenty LANTREE personnel killed by unknown causes yet
                 resembling old age.  Captain Telaka set course for nearest
                 Federation outpost (see next)
42494.8        "Unnatural Selection" (133)
               USS LANTREE (NCC-1837) destroyed after crew perished after
                 contacting aging agent from an advanced genetic research
                 colony
42506.5        "A Matter of Honor" (134)
               Riker served on a Klingon ship in an exchange program, while
                 the Klingons, based on mistaken assumptions, decided to
                 destroy the Enterprise
42523.7        "Measure of a Man" (135)
               After an attempt to order legal dismantling of Data for
                 "scientific studies", Captain Philipa Louvois declared
                 Data is a sentient being, therefore entitled to rights
??             Ensign Sonya Gomez transferred onboard (TNG:"Q Who?")
?????.?        Metamorphosis (Pocket Giant #1)
42568.6        "The Dauphin" (136)
               Wesley is enamored of a young woman who is to be the new
                 ruler of a planet, but was distressed to find she is not
                 what she seems to be.
?????.?        Masks (Pocket #7)
               YAMATO arrived at Denius III, where Captain Donald Varley
                 deciphered evidence from ancient Iconian artifact and
                 found location of Iconian home world.  He ordered ship at
                 all speed into the Neutral Zone to Iconia. (see next)
42609.1        "Contagion" (137)
               A probe of an abandoned planet of the Iconians transmitted a
                 virus into the USS YAMATO, which exploded; Enterprise must
                 survive the virus while solving the Iconian mystery, with
                 the Romulans watching closely
               USS YAMATO (NCC-1305-E? Other number?) lost due to engine
                 containment failure caused by a virus from the long lost
                 Iconian race
42625.4        "The Royale" (138)
               Riker, Worf, and Data are trapped in "Hotel Royale", where
                 they must finish the plots of a novel to escape
42679.2        "Time Squared" (139)
               Picard met his future self and found his ship will be
                 destroyed in six hours and doomed to repeat it again
??             Data detected radio transmission from a previously unknown
                 lifeform in the Selcundi Drema sector.  (TNG:"Pen Pals")
42686.4        "The Icarus Factor" (140)
               Riker reconciles with his father while Worf goes through his
                 Rites of Ascension.
42695.3        "Pen Pals" (141)
               Data communicated with an alien girl on an heaving planet,
                 and helped against the prime directive
??             Starfleet received a garbled message from the Ficus sector,
                 found to be a distress call from a colony in the Bringloid
                 system (TNG:"Up the Long Ladder")
42761.3        "Q Who?" (142)
               ENTERPRISE was thrown 7000 lightyears by Q to system J-25,
                 where they will contact the Borg, the most feared race in
                 the galaxy
42779.1        "Samaritan Snare" (143)
               LaForge was kidnapped by Pakleds, the galactic technology
                 leaches who steal, beg, and borrow technology, while
                 Picard nearly dies during a cardiac replacement operation
42823.2        "Up the Long Ladder" (144)
               Enterprise rescues a colony while discovers another colony
                 full of clones needed new genetic material
??             Starfleet began planning defense against a possible Borg
                 attack. (TNG:"Best of Both Worlds I")
42859.2        "Manhunt" (145)
               Lwaxana Troi continues her search for a husband when she
                 sets her eyes on Picard and Riker.
               Starbase 366 received automated transmission from the T'ONG,
                 Klingon sleeper ship launched in 2290. (see next)
42901.3        "The Emissary" (146)
               IKV T'ONG sleeper ship arrives at Federation space.  The
                 ship's crew was pacified peacefully with help from
                 Ambassador K'Ehleyer
42908.6        A Call to Darkness (Pocket #9)
42923.4        "Peak Performance" (147)
               USS HATHAWAY, an old relic of CONSTELLATION-class, was
                 restored for a tactical combat simulation with Enterprise,
                 when the Ferengi dropped by with weapons armed
??             Alexana Devos accepted a job as security director with the
                 Eastern Continental government of Rutia IV.
                 (TNG:"The High Ground")
42976.1        "Shades of Gray" (148)
               Riker fights for his life as a parasite attempts to take
                 over his nervous system 164
          2366 Events of third season of ST:TNG
               Dr. Beverly Crusher returns as CMO of ENTERPRISE
               Dr. Katherine Polaski became CMO of REPULSE (TNGN:Vendetta)
               LaForge promoted to Lieutenant Commander and became Chief
                 Engineer of the ENTERPRISE
               Federation-Cardassian Peace Treaty signed this year.
                 (TNG:"The Wounded")
               Lore, Data's "brother" was found by a Pakled ship.
                 (TNG:"Brothers")
               A probable fourth GALAXY-class starship was commissioned
                 this year, lost a year later against the Borg in the
                 "Wolf 359" Massacre 165
43125.8        "Evolution" (150)
               Wesley's experiments with Nanites turned unexpectedly into a
                 discovery of a new sentience as an astronomical study was
                 being conducted
               Evolution of Nanites led to their recognition as a sentient
                 race by the Federation
               Romulan admiral Alidar Jarok is censured for his arguments
                 to the Romulan High Command that a war with the Federation
                 will destroy the Romulan Star Empire.  Jarok was
                 reassigned to a distant sector the the empire.
                 (TNG:"The Defector")
43133.3?       "Ensigns of Command" (149)
               Data attempts to convince a colony to leave the home it had
                 for over twenty years, by force if necessary
?????.?        Gulliver's Fugitives (Pocket #11)
?????.?        A Rock and a Hard Place (Pocket #10)
43152.4        "The Survivors" (151)
               Enterprise encounters a devastated planet with two apparent
                 untouched survivors
43173.5        "Who Watches the Watchers?" (152)
               Enterprise must deal with an accidental social contamination
                 of a primitive culture by the observing station
43181.4        "Forbidden Fruit" (DC #18)
43197.5        Doomsday World (Pocket #12)
43198.7        "The Bonding" (153)
               An alien attempts to make up to a boy whose mother was
                 killed by a booby trap left by his/her race
43201.8        "Serafin's Survivors" (DC #5)
43202.5        "Shadows in the Garden" (DC #6)
43205          Birth of Alexander Rozhenko, son of Worf and K'Ehleyr, on
                 43rd day of Maktag (whatever that is in Klingonaase).
                 (TNG:"New Ground")
43205.6        "Booby Trap" (154)
               Enterprise, while investigating an ancient ship, was trapped
                 in the same trap that snared the relic
43265.4        "The Pilot" (DC #7)
43266.7        "The Battle Within" (DC #8)
43268.1        "The Pay Off" (DC #9)
43269.1        "The Noise of Justice" (DC #10)
43269.3        "The Impostor" (DC #11)
43270.4        "Whoever Fights Monsters" (DC #12)
43349.2        "The Enemy" (155)
               LaForge and another Romulan was trapped on the surface of
                 Galorndon Core with no way out
               Romulan presence found near Galorndon Core
??             Separatist Ansata of Rutia IV begin use of interdimensional
                 transport device in their raids.  (TNG:"The High Ground")
               Government of Barzan, under Premier Bhavani, invites bids
                 for a wormhole near Barzan. (see next)
43385.7        "The Price" (156)
               Negotiation for the only apparent stable wormhole in the
                 known galaxy turned ugly when the Ferengis are involved
43421.9        "The Vengeance Factor" (157)
               Negotiation for peace between the Gatherers and their home
                 planet turned into murder for revenge
43421.9        "The Hand of the Assassin" (DC #13)
43462.5        "The Defector" (158)
               Enterprise rescued a defecting Romulan ship, who revealed a
                 plan to conquer the Federation
??             Angosia III petitions for membership in UFP (see next)
43489.2        "The Hunted" (159)
               Enterprise crew attempts to subdue a war veteran enhanced by
                 his own people to fight wars
??             Rutia IV request UFP medical assistance after major outbreak
                 of terrorist activity (see next)
43510.7        "The High Ground" (160)
               Terrorists abduct Dr. Crusher for their movement of
                 independence, and Enterprise was attacked as well
??             UFP signed a peace treaty with the Cardassians, finally
                 ending the Cardassian War. (TNG:"The Wounded") 166
??             Large celestial body (hypermass?) passed through the Bre'el
                 star system, disrupting the lunar orbit of Bre'el IV.  The
                 orbit began to decay (see next)
43539.1        "Deja Q" (161)
               An alien entity is determined to get even with Q, who had
                 lost his powers and is now one simple human being
??             LtCmdr Shelby of Starfleet Tactical is placed in charge of
                 the Borg tactical analysis by Admiral J.P.Hanson to
                 develope a defense strategy against an a Borg offensive.
                 (TNG:"Best of Both Worlds I")
43587.?        Crewman first class Simon Tarses assigned to duty in medical
                 department onboard Enterprise (TNG:"Drumhead")
43610.4        "A Matter of Perspective" (162)
               Riker is accused of murder of a prominent scientist after
                 allegedly romancing the scientist's wife.
43625.2        "Yesterday's Enterprise" (163)
               The appearance of Enterprise NCC-1701-C has rewritten
                 history, and Picard must restore it at all costs, even if
                 it cost him his ship and lives of all onboard
??             Data attended a cybernetics conference. (TNG:"Offspring")
43657          "The Offspring" (164)
               Data created a "daughter" Lal modelled after himself, but
                 StarFleet wished to take her away for studies
               "Death" of Lal, after positronic brain failure
??             Kova Tholl of Mizar II was abducted by unknown aliens for
                 behaviorial study (TNG:"Allegiance")
?????.?        Fortune's Light (Pocket #15)
43685.2        "Sins of the Father" (165)
               Worf returned to the Klingon Home World to clear his
                 father's name, failed due to exceptional circumstances
               Discovery of Kern (also Kurn), Worf's younger brother
               Worf accepted discommendation from the High Council
43714.1        "Allegiance" (166)
               Picard was kidnapped while a doppleganger is leading the
                 Enterprise into dangerous situations
43738.8        "The Gift" (DC Annual #1)
?????.?        Eyes of the Beholders (Pocket #13)
??             Picard mediated a trade dispute between the Gemarians and
                 the Dachlyds at Gemaris V (TNG:"Captain's Holiday")
43745.2        "Captain's Holiday" (167)
               Picard's quiet vacation on Rhysa turned into a treasure hunt
                 when a beautiful woman named Vash and a Ferengi appeared
43747.3        Boogeymen (Pocket #17)
??             VEGA IX probe returned data from Beta Stromgren which
                 reveals the presence of "Tin Man" (see next)
43779.3        "Tin Man" (168)
               Enterprise is to contact the newly discovered lifeform
                 nicknamed "Tin Man" before the Romulans can
??             Lieutenant Reginald Barclay III, systems diagnostics
                 engineer, transferred from ZHUKOV to Enterprise. (next)
43807.4        "Hollow Pursuits" (169)
               LaForge attempts to help Barclay to adjust away from the
                 fantasies of the holodeck as mysterious malfunctions
                 plague the Enterprise
43810.7        "Holiday on Ice" (DC #14)
43811.1        "Prisoners of the Ferengi" (DC #15)
43872.2        "The Most Toys" (170)
               Data was kidnapped by an art collector as the ultimate prize
43878.1        "I Have Heard the Mermaids Singing" (DC #16)
?????.?        "The Weapon" (DC #17)
43917.4        "Sarek" (171)
               Sarek's attempt to seal the treaty with the Legarons turned
                 Enterprise into a brawl zone
               Sarek retired to Vulcan with Bendii's Syndrome on MERRIMAC
43957.2        "Transfigurations" (172)
               Enterprise discovered a being with amnesia, who professed
                 amazing powers
43980.7        "Menage a Troi" (173)
               Ferengi DaiMon Tog, infatuated with Lwaxana Troi, kidnaps
                 her plus Deanna and Riker, with Picard in full pursuit
               Wesley Crusher promoted to full ensign
43989.1        "The Best of Both Worlds" Pt.1 (174)
               The Borg have reached Federation space and is heading
                 straight toward Earth.  Captain Picard captured by the
                 Borg and "converted" into Locutus.  Will Earth survive?
          2367 Events of the fourth season of ST:TNG
44001.3        "The Best of Both Worlds" Pt.2 (175)
               Massacre of Wolf 359, thirty-nine StarFleet ships (over
                 11,000 lives) lost against the Borg 167
               Benjamin Sisko's wife, Jennifer, was lost aboard the
                 SARATOGA at Wolf 359 (DS9:"The Emmissary")
               Ship's destroyed includes GAGE, MELBOURNE, SARATOGA, and
                 KYUSHU (DS9:"The Emmissary") 168
               Captain Picard, now Locutus, was retrieved by Enterprise.
                 Borg was defeated with assistance from Picard/Locutus
               Enterprise docks at McKinley Station for full repairs, where
                 a defective hatch was installed on the dilithium chamber.
                 (TNG:"Best of Both Worlds II","Drumhead")
44009.3        "Family" (178)
               Picard visits his families on Earth while Worf's parents
                 come onboard, as ENTERPRISE undergoes major repairs at
                 McKinley Station
44085.7        "Suddenly Human" (176)
               Enterprise rescued an alien training ship and discovered a
                 human boy brought up as an alien
               Discovery of Jeremiah "Jono" Rosa, a survivor of the
                 Tarellian raid on Galon IV colony.
??             Enterprise arrived at Ogus II for shore leave, but was cut
                 short when a child's practical joke endangered life of his
                 brother, necesitating evacuation to Starbase 416 (next)
               LaForge performs dilithium vector calibration on ship (next)
44143.7        "Brothers" (177)
               A race to save a poisoned young boy was interrupted when
                 Data takes over the Enterprise after receiving Dr.Soong's
                 special signal; things turned ugly when Lore showed up
               Dr. Noonian Soong died in an uncharted system
44161.2        "Remember Me?" (179)
               Dr.Crusher was trapped in a warp bubble created by one of
                 Wesley's experiments, where everyone disappeared slowly
44215.2        "Legacy" (180)
               A ship crash landed on Turkana IV, and Enterprise must
                 retrieve the crew without getting involved in the fight.
               Ishara Yar, sister of Tasha Yar, found on Turkana IV
44246.3        "Reunion" (181)
               K'mpek's death by poison opened the throne to a fight
                 between Gowron and Duras.
               Discovery of Alexander, son of Worf and K'Ehleyer
               Ambassador K'Ehleyer killed by Duras
               Worf defeated Duras in battle, slaying him
?????.?        "The Lesson" (DC #19)
44263.9        Contamination (Pocket #16)
44286.5        "Future Imperfect" (182)
               Riker woke up on Enterprise of the future, or is it?
               Riker celebrates his 32nd birthday.
44290.4        "The Flight of the Albert Einstein" (DC #20)
44292.6        "Mourning Star" (DC #21)
?44295?        Perchance to Dream (Pocket #19)
44295.2        "Trapped!" (DC #22)
?????.?        "The Barrier" (DC #23)
44298.2        "Homecoming" (DC #24)
44307.3        "Final Mission" (183)
               Picard and Wesley's trip was cut short when their shuttle
                 crash landed on a barren planet, while Enterprise must
                 deal with a radioactive garbage scow elsewhere
               Wesley Crusher enters StarFleet Academy (finally!)
44356.9        "The Loss" (184)
               Counselor Troi lost her empathic powers as the ship was
                 trapped by "two-dimensional creatures"
44390.1        "Data's Day" (185)
               Data recorded his day for study by Bruce Maddox, which
                 turned out to be quite interesting, complete with dancing,
                 wedding, spies, and Romulans.
               Miles Edward O'Brian married Keiko Ishikawa, ceremony
                 presided by Captain Jean-Luc Picard
44395.7        "In Memory Yet Green" (TNG Mini #1)
44396.6        "Lies and Legends" (TNG Mini #2)
44397.7        "Prior Claim" (TNG Mini #3)
44398.7        "Game, Set & Match" (TNG Mini #4)
               Modala is freed of Ferengi influence
44429.1        Exiles (Pocket #14)
??             Cardassian science station in the Qualar system was
                 destroyed by USS PHOENIX (see next)
44429.6        "The Wounded" (186)
               Captain Benjamin Maxwell was apprehended after destroying
                 several Cardassian vessels in the USS PHOENIX, NCC-65420
44474.5        "Devil's Due" (187)
               Ardra supposedly returning to reclaim her prize of an entire
                 planet, was met by Picard in a court of law
44502.7        "Clues" (188)
               Enterprise goes on a quest to rediscover what had happened
                 in the day it had lost, but do they really want to know?
??             Unmanned Argus subspace telescope array stopped transmitting
                 its results (TNG:"The Nth Degree")
               Miles and Keiko O'Brian conceive a child (TNG:"Disaster")
?????.?        "First Contact" (189)
               Riker was lost on a xenophobic planet almost ready for first
                 contact with other spaceborne civilizations, and time is
                 running out
44614.6        "Galaxy's Child" (190)
               Enterprise must lose the "space baby" on its back or be
                 destroyed by the baby's relatives; Dr. Leah Brahms (the
                 real thing) visits the Enterprise and surprised Geordi by
                 her revelation that she's happily married
44624.3        "Thin Ice" (DC Annual #2)
44631.2        "Night Terrors" (191)
               USS BRATTAIN, trapped in Tyken's Rift, was disabled, the
                 crew driven mad by another trapped alien ship, and
                 Enterprise fell into the same trap
??             Emilita Mendez, crew member aboard the ARIES, stole
                 shuttlepod COUSTEAU and head for planet Tarchannan III
??             Lt. Paul Hickman, missing in a stolen shuttle, was reported
                 sighted by a supply ship to be enroute to Tarchannan III
44664.5        "Identity Crisis" (192)
               LaForge must discover why the members of his landing party
                 is disappearing one by one before he disappears also
               Warning beacons placed around the planet
44693.6        Vendetta (Pocket Giant #2)
               The Borg's return was stopped by the second Doomsday Machine
                 under partial control of Delcara
44704.2        "The Nth Degree" (193)
               Barclay was zapped by an alien probe and takes over the
                 Enterprise to take them far and away
44741.9        "Qpid" (194)
               Q returns to send the Enterprise crew back into the
                 Robinhood days, along with Vash as Maid Merian
??             Klingon exobiologist J'Ddan, serving onboard Enterprise as
                 part of exchange program, accessed restricted technical
                 information on the ship's dilithium chamber design
44765.2        Enterprise was crippled by an explosion in the ship's
                 dilithium chamber, sabotage expected (see next)
??             Starfleet Command received info that schematic drawings of
                 Galaxy-class starship dilithium chamber have fallen into
                 Romulan hands, and J'Ddan is implicated (see next)
44769.2        "Drumhead" (195)
               A suspected sabotage onboard the Enterprise turned into a
                 witchhunt with Picard on the stand
??             Jenna D'Sora broke off a romantic relationship with fellow
                 crew Jeff Arton (TNG:"In Theory")
44805.3        "Half a Life" (196)
               Lwaxana Troi falls for a scientist whose life is about to
                 end, but not by choice
??             Wesley sent a letter to his mother (TNG:"The Host")
44821.3        "The Host" (197)
               Dr.Crusher falls for an alien ambassador, only to find that
                 the ambassador is not who he seems to be
??             Kriosian rebels, seeking independence from Klingon Empire,
                 attacked two neutral freighters (a Ferengi and a
                 Cardassian), near the Ikalian asteroid belt (see next)
??             Governor Vagh of Klingon Kriosian colonies charged
                 Federation with aiding rebel forces.  Klingon emissary
                 Kell assigned by High Council to investigate the charges.
                 He requested Enterprise and Picard (see next)
44885.5        "The Mind's Eye" (198)
               Lt.Commander LaForge was captured and brainwashed by
                 Romulans into an assassin, and almost succeeded in killing
                 Vagh, the Klingon governor
44932.3        "In Theory" (199)
               Data attempts to enter a male-female relationship with a
                 fellow crewmember.  Will it work out?
44995.3        "Redemption" (200)
               Klingon Civil War erupts as the pro-Duras faction combats
                 Gowron's forces in a succession war
               Revelation of Sela, daughter of Tasha Yar
                 (see TNG:"Yesterday's ENTERPRISE")
          2368 Events of fifth season of ST:TNG
???            Gowron's forces destroyed Duras supply bases in Mempa sector
???            Gowron's forces caused significant casualties on Duras'
                 forces in three separate engagements (TNG:"Redemption II")
???            A Tamarian spacecraft arrived a El-Adrel IV, and started
                 transmitting a subspace signal toward Federation space.
                 The signal contains a mathematical progression, signifying
                 an intent to communicate.  (TNG:"Darmok")
45020.4        "Redemption II" (201)
               Klingon Civil War ends due to Federation blockade preventing
                 clandestine Romulan aid, Gowron became Chief Councillor
45047.2        "Darmok" (202)
               Picard is trapped on a hostile planet with an alien captain,
                 who does not speak Standard
???            Supposedly Bajoran terrorist attack destroyed the Federation
                 settlement on Solarion IV. (see next)
???            Cardassian liaison met with Starfleet Admiral Kennelly,
                 requesting assistance in tracking down Bajoran terrorists,
                 or "the common enemy" as the Cardassians put it (next)
               Kennelly released Ensign RO Laren on Jaron II for the
                 WELLINGTON disaster on Garon II and sent her on a special
                 mission aboard the Enterprise.  (see next) 169
45076.3        "Ensign Ro" (203)
               Picard must investigate the attack of an outpost with help
                 of Ensign Ro, recently released from detention
???            Enterprise droped off an contingent of personnel to assist
                 with preparations for a colonization project on Melona IV
45122.3        "Silicon Avatar" (204)
               The Crystalline Entity returned to wreck havoc, as the
                 premier Federation scientist prepared to hunt it down
               Destruction of the Crystalline Entity
???            Three children of the Enterprise crew, Jay Gordon, Marissa
                 Flores, and Patterson Supra, won the ship's prmary school
                 science fair.  Their prize was a tour of the ship
                 conducted by Captain Picard.  (see next)
45156.1        "Disaster" (205)
               Enterprise's collision with a quantum filament had everybody
                 at the wrong place at the wrong time
               Birth of Molly Miyagi Worf O'Brien in Ten Forward
                 (name is from TNGN:Unification) 170
?????.?        Reunion (Hardback #1)
???            Ambassador Spock disappears from Vulcan after wrapping up
                 his affairs.  There is no clue to his whereabouts.
                 (TNG:"Unification I")
???            Enterprise are to conduct studies at the uncharted Phoenix
                 Cluster, with several science teams from ZHUKOV. (next)
45208.2        "The Game" (206)
               ENTERPRISE and crew nearly taken over by mind-control toys
                 from Etana, a Ktaran.
               Enterprise rendezvous with MERRIMAC which will transport
                 Wesley back to the Academy
?????          [special note] 171
??             Ferengi cargo shuttle crashed in the Hanolin asteroid belt
                 near Vulcan.  Parts of a derelict Vulcan spacecraft were
                 found in crates marked as medical equipment. (see next)
??             Starfleet Intelligence reported that Ambassador Spock,
                 missing for near three weeks, were spotted on Romulus,
                 which caused a great stir in Starfleet Command (see next)
??             Enterprise recalled to starbase 234 by Fleet Admiral
                 Brackett for a special mission (see next)
45233.4        "Unification" (207)
               Ambassador Spock was found on Romulus.  Can Picard and Data,
                 under desguise, retrieve him?  Why is he there any way?
               Death of Sarek, Vulcan Ambassador to Federation
45245.8        "Unification II" (208)
               Romulan plan to conquer Vulcan foiled
               Spock chose to remain on Romulus
45231-         Ullian telepathic researcher Jev, on research project to two
45323            planets in the Nel system, committed two acts of
                 telepathic rape, though the victims were diagnosed as
                 suferring from the Iresine syndrome (TNG:"Violations")
???            Type-C asteroid impacted on Penthara IV.  The resulting dust
                 cloud might result in disastrous global cooling. (next)
45349.1        "A Matter of Time" (209)
               A man supposedly from the 26th century visited the
                 Enterprise for "historical studies"
??             Helena Rozhenko secured passage aboard the transport MILAN
                 for herself and Alexander to intercept Enterprise (next)
45376.3        "New Ground" (210)
               Worf deals with his son as an experimental propulsion method
                 went out of control and threatens an inhabited planet
45397.3        "Hero Worship" (211)
               A boy rescued from a wrecked ship picked Data as his new
                 role model and attempted to emulate him in every way
45429.3        "Violations" (212)
               Picard and crew must find the reason for three unexplained
                 comas before the intruder strikes again
45470.1        "The Masterpiece Society" (213)
               Enterprise must assist a colony to prepare itself against a
                 meteor, but in the process fundamentally changed it.
45494.2        "Conundrum" (214)
               Enterprise crew contracted mass amnesia, and found
                 themselves in the middle of an interstellar war
45571.2        "Power Play" (215)
               Data, Troi, and O'Brien are taken over by alien energy
                 beings, whom in turn attempted to take over the Enterprise
45587.3        "Ethics" (216)
               A crippling accident forced Worf to choose between suicide,
                 life as a cripple, or a risky operation.
45614.6        "The Outcast" (217)
               Riker falls for an androgynous being whose planet "re-
                 educates" anyone who showed gender preferences.
45652.1        "Cause and Effect" (218)
               Enterprise is caught in an endless time loop with seemingly
                 no way out of a fatal collision
45703.9        "First Duty" (219)
               Wesley Crusher is involved in an academy training accident
                 and Picard digs for the truth
45733.6        "Cost of Living" (220)
               Lwaxana takes Worf's son under her wing after announcing she
                 will marry a man she had never met
45761.3        "The Perfect Mate" (221)
               A metamorph, genetically perfect mate for a man, was sent to
                 be married to an enemy leader as a gesture of faith, but
                 she falls for Picard instead
45852.1        "Imaginary Friend" (222)
               A little girl's imaginary friend suddenly became real, and
                 threatens the security of Enterprise
45854.2        "I, Borg" (223)
               Enterprise discovered an injured Borg, and Picard must
                 decide on using him as the ultimate weapon or teaching him
                 humanity instead
??             Romulan scout ship had an accident that crippled its
                 propulsion system and issued a distress call, which
                 Enterprise received and responded to.
45892.4?       "The Next Phase" (224)
               LaForge and Ro are believed dead in a transporter accident,
                 but in reality they have been phased 172
45944.1        "Inner Light" (225)
               Captain Picard lived through a life on a planet destroyed
                 centuries ago
???            Work crew excavating the Presidio discovered artifacts that
                 suggest an extraterrestrial presence durin gthe late 19th
                 century. (see next)
45959.1        "Time's Arrow, part I" (226)
               After Data's head was discovered in San Francisco as an
                 artifact of 19th century, Data was propelled back to 1893
                 where he meets Mark Twain and Guinan, while the Enterprise
                 crew try to prevent Data from meeting his fate again...
          2369 Events of sixth season of ST:TNG
46001.3        "Time's Arrow, part II" (227)
               The crew discovered presence of aliens on Earth in the 19th
                 century Earth, and destroyed its source, as Picard and
                 Guinan completed "full circle" time loop.
46041.6        "Realm of Fear" (228)
               Lt. Barclay's worst fear of transporters were realized when
                 he saw fearful apparitions in the transporting process...
46071.6        "Man of the People" (229)
               Deanna Troi was seduced by a visiting diplomat and became
                 the receptacle of his darkest emotions.
46125.3        "Relics" (230)
               Montgomery Scott, the legendary engineer, rematerialized in
                 the transporter after 75 years!
46154.2        "Schisms" (231)
               Enterprise crew members starts to disappear during a routine
                 charting mission, their memories during absence erased.
46192.3        "True Q" (232)
               A young girl with amazing powers was tested by Q for her
                 destiny, to be destroyed or to achieve greatness?
46235.7        "Rascals" (233)
               A transporter malfunction turned Picard, Guinan, Keiko
                 O'Brien, and Ro into children, as Ferengi freebooters took
                 over the Enterprise
46271.5        "A Fistful of Datas" (234)
               A cybernetic experiemtn with Data turned holodeck program
                 into a deadly Wild West showdown with Worf versus outlaws
46???.?        "Quality of Life" (235)
               Data must choose between protecting the life of his creation
                 or protecting the Enterprise.
46???.?        "Chain of Command, part 1" (236?)
               Picard, Worf, and Crusher is sent on a special mission to
                 infiltrate a Cardassian secret base at Celtrus III,
                 rumored to be developing metagenic weapons
46???.?        "Chain of Command, part 2" (237?)
               Picard, captured and tortured, held up till the end as
                 Jellicoe trapped the Cardassian strike fleet and force
                 their withdrawal and the return of Picard
46???.?        Cardassians agreed to return possession of the Bajoran
                 system to the Bajorans, and the orbital station was turned
                 over to StarFleet, and was renamed "Deep Space Nine"

26th Century   A researcher went back to Ner Jersey, Earth, in the 22nd
                 century, where his timepod was stolen by an individual
                 named Berlinghoff Rasmussen.  (TNG:"Matter of Time")

27th Century   Kal Dano invented the Tox Uthat, quantum phase inhibitor
                 with enourmous weapons potential.  Two Vorgon criminals
                 attempted to steal it, so Dano hid it on Risa in 22nd
                 century where it was uncovered by archaeologist Vash and
                 destroyed by Captain Picard (TNG:"Captain's Holiday")

33rd Century   Radiation levels in the Andromeda galaxy are expected to
                 reach intolerably high levels then.  Kelvan Empire sent
                 out operatives to Milky Way for possible colonization.
                 (TOS:"By Any Other Name")

THE END (for now)

S T A R  T R E K  T I M E L I N E
     by Kasey K.S. Chang
     Last Update: 4/5/93

Part 3: APPENDIX

APPENDIX A: Abbreviations

TOS - The Original Series, 79 episodes which aired on NBC 1966-1969
     starring William Shatner, Leonard Nimoy, and DeForest Kelley.
TAS - The Animated Series, 22 episodes of animation aired on NBC 1973-1975
     (Saturday mornings) starring voices of William Shatner, Leonard Nimoy,
     and DeForest Kelley.
TNG - The Next Generation, airing in first-run syndication, now in its
     fifth season (100+ episodes), starring Patrick Stewart, Johnathan
     Frakes, and Brent Spiner.
DS9 - Deep Space Nine, airing in first-run syndication, starring Avery
     Brooks
ST1, ST:TMP - Star Trek: The Motion Picture, the first Star Trek movie,
     released 1979
ST2, ST2:TWOK - Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan, second Star Trek movie,
     released 1982
ST3, ST3:TSFS - Star Trek III: The Search For Spock, third Star Trek movie,
     released 1985
ST4, ST4:TVH - Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home, fourth movie, released 1987
ST5, ST5:TFF - Star Trek V: The Final Frontier, fifth movie, released 1989
ST6, ST6:TUC - Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country, sixth movie,
     released December 6, 1991
TOS Tech Manual, TOS:TM - "Star Trek Star Fleet Technical Manual" by Franz
     Joseph Designs, Ballantine Books.
TNG Tech Manual, TNG:TM - "Star Trek: The Next Generation Technical
     Manual", by Rick Sternbach and Michael Okuda, Pocket Books.
TNG Companion, TNGComp - "The Star Trek: The Next Generation Companion" by
     Larry Nemecek, Pocket Books.
TOSN - TOS Novels, the novels published by Pocket Books dealing with the
     original crew in both TOS and Movies time period.
TNGN - TNG Novels, the novels published by Pocket Books dealing with the
     "Next Generation" crew.
Scott's Guide, TOS:SG - "Mr.Scott's Guide to the ENTERPRISE", by Shane
     Johnson, published by Pocket Books.
TNG Tech Journal, TNG:TJ - "ST:TNG Technical Journal" by Shane Johnson,
     published by Starlog Publications.

APPENDIX B: Entries for Star Trek: The Animated Series

Star Trek: The Animated Series (TAS) was not considered in writing the Star
     Trek Chronology, and therefore cannot be included in the timeline.
     However, they are included here sake of completeness.

5392.4         "More Tribbles, More Trouble"
5554.4         "The Infinite Vulcan"
5373.4         "Yesteryear"
5521.3         "Beyond the Farthest Star"
5143.3         "The Survivor"
5433.7         "The Lorelei Signal"
5371.3         "One of Our Planets is Missing"
4978.5         "Mudd's Passion"
1254.4         "The Majicks of Megas-Tu"
5267.2         "Time Trap"
               BONAVENTURE, Federation's first warp-equipped ship, was
                 rediscovered in The Triangle
4187.3         "The Slaver Weapon"
5693.1         "Jihad"
5499.9         "The Ambergris Element"
5591.2         "Once Upon a Planet"
5577.3         "The Terratin Incident"
5501.2         "The Eye of the Beholder"
7403.6         "Bem"
5275.6         "Albatross"
6341.1         "Pirates of Orion"
3183.3         "The Practical Joker"
6063.4         "How Sharper Than a Serpent's Tooth"
6777.3         "The Counter-Clock Incident"
               Ambassador April was rejuvenated in time to attend the Babel
                 Conference, having previously been at the age of 75

APPENDIX C: Bibliography

STAR TREK EPISODES
     All Star Trek episodes, including TOS, TAS, and TNG, have been
referenced by their full names and, if available, stardates and production
numbers.  All copyright of Paramount Pictures.

STAR TREK MOVIES
     All Star Trek movies have been referenced by their full names and if
available, stardates.  All copyright of Paramount Pictures.

REFERENCE BOOKS, GENERAL or STAR TREK
(In random order)

_Grolier's On-line Encyclopedia_  [For the search of the early ENTERPRISEs,
     this is invaluable.]

_Star Trek: The Next Generation - Technical Manual_, by Rick Sternbach and
     Mike Okuda  [The OFFICIAL technical reference]

_The STAR TREK Compendium (Revised)_, by Alan Asherman  [lots of behind-
     the-scenes look and important info]

_The Star Trek: The Next Generation Companion_, by Larry Nemecek [behind-
     the-scenes look you'll never find anywhere else!]

_The Making of STAR TREK_, by Stephen Whitfield.  [great behind-the-scene
     look at the production of TOS, lots of background info also.]

_Mr.Scott's Guide to the ENTERPRISE_, by Shane Johnson [lots of good
     blueprints and diagrams, but info was mostly contradicted by later
     sources like the TNG Tech Manual]

_ST:TNG Tech Journal_, by Shane Johnson [a good supplement to ST:TNG Tech
     Manual, but not a replacement.  Some info is just rehashed.]

_The Klingons_, FASA Corporation.  [Written with co-operation of Trek
     writer John M. Ford, author of TOSN:The Final Reflection, this
     contains good but un-official info about the Klingons]

_Star Trek Chronology and Future History_, by Michael and Denise Okuda [the
     OFFICIAL Chronology/timeline of Star Trek universe...  still left out
     lots of things though...  Which is where THIS comes in.  :-)]

STAR TREK NOVELS
(In random order, and I probably missed some)

_Strangers from the Sky_, by Margaret Wander Bonnano

_Final Frontier_, by Diane Carey

_A Flag Full of Stars_, by Brad Ferguson

_Reunion_, by Michael Jan Friedman

_Star Trek: The Lost Years_, by J.M. Dilliard

_Star Trek: The Motion Picture (Novelization)_, by Gene Roddeberry

_The Rift_, by Peter David

_Star Trek VI:The Undiscovered Country (Novelization)_, by J.M. Dilliard

_Spock's World_, by Diane Duane

_The Romulan Way_, by Diane Duane

_Encounter at Farpoint (Novelization)_, by Peter Gerrold

_The Pandora Principle_, by Carolyn Crowes

_The Final Reflection_, by John M. Ford

_ENTERPRISE: The First Adventure_, by Vonda McIntyre

_Crisis on Centaurus_, by Brad Ferguson

_Reunion_, by Michael Jan Friedmans

_Emmissary_, by J.M.Dilliard

_Imzadi_, by Peter David

_Best Desiny_, by Diane Carey

OTHER STAR TREK REFERENCES

"Star Trek Chronology and Future History V5.0", by Allan Finkas and William
     Stone III  (Where's the most recent version?  and need a name change)

"Star Trek Encyclopedia Section 01 beta", by Robert Oliver, as posted on
     USENET 9-29/92  (Nice work, but not complete enough)

"Stardate Chart (TNG)", by DC Comics, as appeared in TNG Mini #4
     (Where's the update?  How about a TOS one?)

S T A R  T R E K  T I M E L I N E
     by Kasey K.S. Chang
     Last Update: 4/5/93

Part 4 : EXPLANATIONS

Note: calculations are not perfect, due to the vagrancies of the human
speech.  All "circa" year references should be +/- 3 years margin of error.

NAILING DOWN THE MAIN PIECES
     There are two pieces of main evidence which helps date Star Trek
firmly.  They are "Data's quote" and "Sarek's ages".
     Data have stated in the episode TNG:"The Neutral Zone", that the "Old
Earth Year" is 2364.  That was a first season episode.  TNG:TM have also
stated that NCC-1701-D was launched in late 2363, therefore TNG started in
early 2364.
     Sarek was 202 as stated by Picard in the episode TNG:"Sarek".  That
was a fourth-season episode, therefore it happened in 2367.  Sarek was then
born in 2164.  In TOS:"Journey to Babel", Sarek was approx. 102.  (A
stickler will tell you 102.607)  Since that was a second season episode,
that put TOS starting at 2164 + 102 - 2 = 2264, and the episode in 2265/66.
     Also, McCoy's age can be used to solve part of the puzzle.  McCoy is
in his forties in TOS (if someone knows the exact number and episode,
please let me know), and is 137 when he visited the NCC-1701-D in the
series premiere (TNG:EaF).  Since ST:TNG started in 2364, McCoy was then
born in 2227, which makes McCoy 40 in the second season of TOS, close
enough.  (I think someone said McCoy's 43 in 2nd season?)
     These should nail down all of the televised episodes.
     The Animated Series is assumed to have immediately followed the
unfinished The Original Series, to complete the five year mission.  STC
chose to ignore all of TAS, which p***ed off lots of people.
     ST:TMP was judged to have occurred in 2271, since the novel that
preceded it, "A Flag Full of Stars" (AFFoS) by Brad Ferguson, occurred in
2269, the tricentennial of Apollo landing on Luna.  One and a half years
have been added since ENTERPRISE was not completed yet.  Also, it has been
2.8 years since Spock have went off to study Kolinhar (see ST:TMP
novelization), and that could only happen after the FYM finished.  The FYM
finished in 2267/2268, plus 3 = 2270/2271.  Interestingly, The introduction
in the ST6:TUC ENTERPRISE model kit (AMT/ERTL) puts ST:TMP in 2276,
contradicting TOSN:AFFoS.
     ST3:TSFS was placed in 2285 by the TNG Technical Manual, as the entry
clearly stated that NCC-1701 was lost defending the Mutara Sector against a
Klingon incursion in this year.  ST4:TVH and ST2:TWOK, for this reason,
belongs in this year as well, since not much physical time elapsed among
the three films, except perhaps a month or two.  ST4 happened approximately
3 months after ST3, according to Kirk's remarks in the novelization.
     ST5:TFF is in 2286 since the crew get a new year to break in the new
ship (esp. Scotty), or "proper shakedown".  It could go in 2285 if needed.
     ST6:TUC is placed in approximately 2292/93 based on the evidence in
the novelization:  Kirk said it was ten years plus one since death of David
(ST3).  The placement is NOT official, but should be about right.  The
evidences available are contradictory.  Variance here is +/- 4 years.

NOW THE HOLES
     After establishing the basis of the timeline, we start filling in the
pieces.  There are many holes to fill in:

     *    Before history (before AD)
     *    Pre-Federation (before 2161)
     *    Early Federation (before 2200 approx)
     *    Before Star Trek (before 2264, like Pike, April, etc)
     *    Lost Years 1 (2268-2271, between FYM and ST:TMP)
     *    Lost Years 2 (2271-2284, between ST:TMP and ST2:TWOK)
     *    Lost Years 3 (2286-2293, between ST5:TFF and ST6:TUC)
     *    Between eras (2293-2364, between ST6:TUC and TNG)

     Let's deal with them one by one:

BEFORE HISTORY
     This area was not really mentioned by Star Trek other than offhand
references to "history" of exotic locations.  Often they are results of war
and devastation.
     These wars include: Slaver Empire (TAS), Arret (TOS), Preservers
(TOS/TNG), Borg (TNG), Tkon Empire (TNG), The Makers (TOS), and much more.
They are referenced with the dates and years given in the episodes.
     The connection between the Borg and the Preservers was suggested by
Peter David in his "giant" TNG Novel "Vendetta".  The Preservers
constructed the Doomsday Machine (TOS) in order to combat the Borg.  By the
tone of the descriptions, that happened about 10,000 BC.
     The origin of the Romulans would be another puzzle, which was solved
by the information given in Diane Duane's novel "The Romulan Way", which is
essentially Romulan History written in the same style as "Spock's World".
So please refer to "The Romulan Way" for any questions about Romulan
History in this timeline.

PRE-FEDERATION
     To do this part, I did two things: researched on the ships named
ENTERPRISE, and read the Stones/Finkas timeline on pre-Federation days.
     Three things need to be resolved for our "future history":
     1) Was there a World War III?  If so how come there is still Star
Trek?  (Or: How come we are still here?)
     2) If so, when/what is the war that was mentioned in TOS:"Space Seed"?
That "Eugenics War"?  Is it same as World War III?  If not, then what?
     3) What is that "Mind Control Revolt" Gene wrote about in the ST:TMP
novelization?
     4) What is that "post-atomic horror" in TNG:"Enc@Farpoint"?
     5) When is "The First Romulan War"?
     All entries since American Revolutionary War up to Y1992 is historical
research via an on-line encyclopedia.
     According to the Stones/Finkas Chronology, "Eugenics War" occured
between 1992-1996, and appeared to be a limited revolt instead of global
warfare.  Some geneticists created "superhumans" like Khan, and planned to
take over the world.  They lost, and was forced to exile into space.  The
conjecture agrees with STC.  WW3 is still unaccounted for.
     I decided to put WW3 in 2039-2043, to go just before the "Mind Control
Revolts" in 2043-2047. Perhaps Mind Control Revolts are an after-effect of
WW3.  In TNG:"Encounter at Farpoint", early 21st century military forces
were controlled with mind control and drugs.  Those are the roots of the
"Mind Control Revolt".
     The novel "Strangers from the Sky" provided quite a few details about
life in the Early 21st century.  The exploratory expeditions toward nearby
stars were already launched.  As the novel was based on the "Star Trek
Concordance", the dates are slightly off when compared with "newer"
evidences.  They were moved accordingly.
     The dates were moved again, when the TNGComp revealed that the "new
United Nations", or United Earth, is dissolved in 2079.  That means for
more than a few decades Earth is in constant turmoil while having
interstellar capabilities...  Dangerous time to be in.  Any way, I moved
down the first contact dates even further down to after 2090.  They should
probably be somewhere in the 2130's...  We probably met the Vulcans a bit
earlier, as not to totally mess up the novel "Strangers from the Sky".
     It does appear that a piece of Earth was embroiled in an nuclear
exchange (hmmm...  Israel got nuked with Syria?) and that's where I believe
the "post-atomic horror" is.  It is NOT a global war so rest of us live on.
     One more thing.  As TNGComp also revealed, the first Romulan War is
NOT fought by the Federation, but rather by Earth.  Which means it was
fought BEFORE 2161, when Earth is still exploring the unknown.  I have
therefore placed the war in approximately 2156, which is confirmed by STC.

EARLY FEDERATION
     Only birthdates filled this era, as no info is available from any
where.  This would be an interesting period to cover by fan fiction, in my
opinion.  The new races are still trying to accept each other.  Most ships
are manned by mostly humans, with just a few adventurous Alphacents,
Andorians, Vulcans, etc.  Do I see any hands?  Someone wrote "Star Trek:
The First Generation-- Adventures of the HORIZON", which was not bad, but
will that person finish it?

BEFORE STAR TREK
     The missions of Captain April and Captain Pike were not recorded
except in small pieces.  In this category goes these sources: TOS:"The
Cage", TOSN:"Final Frontier", TOSN:"Legacy", and TOSN:"The Rift".  Most of
the dates hinted at or mentioned in the novels are included.
     Other important events in this period include The First Klingo-
Federation War (sometimes known as The Four Years War), Invention of the
Transporter, Discovery of Dilithium and its enhancement to warp travel, and
invention of the first type of photon torpedo.

LOST YEARS 1
     The "official" Lost Years, this period is considered to be the period
after Kirk's five year mission and before ST:TMP.  This period is covered
by two novels: TOSN:"The Lost Years", and TOSN:"A Flag Full of Stars".  The
second novel, with the tricentennial of the Apollo Landing, is placed in
2269, which means ST:TMP occured in 2271.  That in turn means the five year
mission ended in 2268.
     As Gene had expressed reticense toward any stories in this era, it is
doubtful that more stories during this time will be told, unless Rick
Berman decided to break with tradition.  There were two more books
scheduled in this period, and we won't ever see them.  Too bad.

LOST YEARS 2
     The period between ST:TMP and ST2:TWOK is quite long, over 13 years in
fact.  (Which makes Khan's "fifteen years" somewhat understated, when you
add 13 (till ST:TMP) + 2.8 (TOSend to ST:TMP) + 2 (2nd season to TOSend),
but perhaps Ceti Alpha V have longer year?)  It can probably be assumed
that Kirk, after ST:TMP, was made "acting captain", which was the position
of many novels set after ST:TMP, including most of the Diane Duane's Trek
novels.  He probably went on a second five year mission in the new
ENTERPRISE (giving credence to the never filmed "Star Trek II" series,
which in reality became ST:TMP), and after that, forced to take a desk job
more permanently this time, as Commandant of StarFleet Academy.
     After that, the ship probably spent a year in the docks for refits,
and Spock took over as Captain, with blessings from Kirk.  In order to take
care of all of the years, Spock probably went on a five year mission of his
own, then the ship was "retired" from front-line to be the Academy training
ship and home reserve.
     Remember, all these are merely conjectures, based on best evidence
available.  They are NOT official, but probably should be. (grin)

LOST YEARS 3
     Many of us wondered what had happened between ST5:TFF and ST6:TUC.
There were little information available for a period of approximately 10
years.  The only "notable" and "solid" information is Sulu's gaining
command of the EXCELSIOR.  Additional details came from the novelization.
     This may be a bit of an awkward time to write about since ENTERPRISE
have three captains onboard: Kirk, Spock, and Sulu (until EXCELSIOR).
     Most likely events would be Kirk retained command of his ship and
Spock stepped down and performed as Kirk's first officer.  They then went
on to some boring assignments like frontier charting, and perhaps another
five year mission.

BETWEEN ERAS
     After ST6:TUC, we move into the unknown.  Most of the TNG characters
are just being born in the next thirty years.  However, the character
biographies and the "historical" references in ST:TNG have included many
details that helped fill in this period of over half of a century.
     Included in this period are voyages of STARGAZER, the Third Klingo-
Federation War, The Cardassian War, voyages of the NCC-1701-B, voyages of
the NCC-1701-C, and various other events.
     With the airing of TNG:"Relics", we found that Scotty retired 75 years
before 2369, which is 2294.  This must be soon after ST6, which means NCC-
1701-A probably is decommissioned after ST6, or at least retired, or Scotty
would have gone to hell and yonder to be with his ship.  Besides, Scotty
said he thought that Kirk took the old gal out of mothballs to get him.
     There is a Third Klingo-Federation War (the second was stopped in the
middle by Organians), since Riker had said so in TNG:"The Emmissary".  With
that idea, I invented the final demise of Kirk and the NCC-1701-A to fit in
here.  If you don't like it, feel free to scream at me.  The basic idea is
Romulans provoked more border incidents between the Klingons and the Feds,
and Kirk have to haul out the NCC-1701-A out of a disposal yard and travel
to Kronos again...  And this time, he'll die out there, alone.
     Not long after the end of the Third Klingo-Federation War, the
Cardassian War started.  It was mentioned especially in UNIFICATION I, in
which Perrin mentioned that Spock had attacked Sarek's position on it.  The
dates are moved slightly to fit in the info from TNG:"Ensign Ro" about the
Bajorans, and moved yet again with information from DS9:"Emmissary".
     There is almost no info on the NCC-1701-B other than what was written
in the TNG Tech Manual.  I heard that the new NCC-1701-D cutaway chart has
the name of NCC-1701-B's captain.  However, I seems to have forgotten who
that would be.
     All we know about the NCC-1701-C is from the episode, TNG:"Yesterday's
ENTERPRISE", and the TNG:TM.

FUTURE OF STAR TREK
     For all the Trekkies and Trekkers, there is still plenty to write
about in all areas.  What was it like in the pre-warp days?  Early-warp
days?  What aspects of the Federation have we not covered yet?  Deep Space
Nine should give you a lot of other ideas.  What wil happen after TNG?
This timeline hopefully can give you enough specific references to write
your own stories and lend it some "authenticity".  Add imagination and
persistence, and you have a Trek writer in training!  Good luck!  Live long
and prosper!

Kasey K.S. Chang
treknologist

Part 5/5: FOOTNOTES

FOOTNOTES

1    Obviously, this is a scientific theory, as noted in STC.

2    As noted in STC, Guardian said in "The City on the Edge of Forever"
that it has been awaiting a question "since before your sun burned hot in
space and before your race was born".  Which means it must be at least 5
billions years old, according to current estimates to the age of the sun.

3    Again, STC noted it as scientific theory.

4    Q told Picard that the folks on Tagus "really knew how to have fun"
two billion years ago.

5    Noted in STC as scientific theory

6    As noted in STC, Ayelborned said that his people evolved beyond the
need for physical bodies millions of years ago.

7    From STC, page 3.  Picard said that he had studied ancient Bajoran
civlization in fifth grade, and that the ancient Bajorans had flourished
"when humans were not yet standing erect".  Homo Erectus is current dated
at least 500,000 years ago.

8    As noted in STC, Spock said that the star had been fading for a half
million years.

9    As noted in STC, page 3, Vina told Pike about the war.

10   As noted in STC, page 4, per Captain Donald Varley's evidence.

11   As noted in STC page 4, the cycle of rebirth is once every 50000 yrs.

12   STC put "The Doomsday Machine" at this time.  The rest of the
information was from  TNGN:"Vendetta".

13   Picard was describing the history ot the Tagus archaeological research
in his speech to the council, from STC.

14   Odan had remarked that his people have survived in this fashion for
"millennia", from STC.

15   McCoy remarked that the people have had "no change or progress in at
least ten tousand years".  From STC.

16   Noted by STC, Tam Elbrun noted that Tin Man had been wandering in
space for millennia.

17   Spock noted that Yonada has been in transit for 10,000 years.

18   Noted in STC, page 5, the planetoid is "a few thousand years old".

19   When Worf remarked how Galrami looked puny for a warrior, Data said
something like "their reputation as master strategists have not been
challenged for nine millenium."

20   As noted in STC, page 6, Spock noted that Landru had built and
programmed the machine 6,000 years ago.

21   Gary Seven described mission to his computer, as noted in STC.

22   Just history, noted by STC.

23   Rashalla noted that their shield "has confused outsiders for
millennia", as noted in STC.

24   Parman said they arrived at Platonius about 2500 years ago.

25   Spock noted that the rounds had bene held by his family for over 2000
years.  It would appear that the grounds predated the Reformation.

26   The Reformation was never properly dated, so this is an approximation
based on available sources, and seems to fit.

27   Timicin said the Resolution was adopted "fifteen or twenty centuries
ago".  That was in the 2360's.

28   The Metron said he was about 1500 years old.

29   Riva's chorus noted that the arrangement had lasted for centuries.

30   Vana said Stratos was built "centuries ago".

31   The Thasian, when talking with Kirk, said he was reverting to his form
of "centuries ago", which means he had a real body that long ago.

32   Really?  I could have swore that the Chinese have observed the stars
long before he did...

33   Data described the planet's history.

34   The Indian culture seen are at least 200 years in OUR past, or 500
years or more in Kirk's past.

35   Spock said that the mass insanity was centuries old, from evidence.

36   Governor Leka said the moons have been settled five centuries ago.

37   The entity inhabiting Troi's body said they'd been imprisoned for five
centuries.

38   Thanks for Christopher Ward for the correction.  The information is
from JANE'S FIGHTING SHIPS.

39   In case no one told you, the aircraft carrier in ST4:TVH is NOT the
USS ENTERPRISE, but the USS RANGER.

40   The restoration of the "space shuttle" ENTERPRISE is revealed in TOSN:
A Flag Full of Stars.

41   Obviously I forgot WHICH one...  Someone care to write me about it?
(Since no one has written me since initial edition of over a year ago...)

42   Claire died of an embolism.  Her husband is Donald.

43   After TNG:"Q Who?" was produced, Gene half jokingly speculated that
the planet encountered by Voyager 6 might have been the Borg homeworld.

44   The PEACEKEEPER-class vessels are purely my imagination.  But it does
sound possible, doesn't it?

45   The date was not stated in the show, but appeared in the script.

46   D.C. Fontana named the character for fellow writer John D.F. Black's
three sons: Shaun, Geoffrey, and Christopher.

47   It would make sense to put this here, which meakes the sleeper ships
obsolete three years later.

48   Second season episode "Metamorphosis", Y2265, had McCoy stating that
Zefram Cochrane was dead for 150 years.  Mr.Cochrane himself said he was 87
at the time.  Therefore we have 2265-150-87=2029.
     If the new United Nation would launch the manned expedition to Alpha
Centauri around 2048, Mr.Cochrane is a bit too young to have invented the
warp drive if he was born in 2029.  He would have been 19 years old!
     Clearly, one of the sources must be wrong.  In this case, I chose to
take McCoy's words literally and move down the launch date, despite the
years given in the STARFLIGHT CHRONOLOGIES.

49   Riker stated that the US flag with 52 stars indicated a date between
2033 and 2079.

50   According to TNGCom, The "new" United Nations was born on 2036 and
died at 2079.  See page 24.

51   See one of the footnotes at the bottom of the page, as Kirk received
his "senceiver" alert, in ST:TMP Novelization.

52   The date given for Zefram Cochrane to invent the warp drive is
actually 2048, as given in the novel and in STARFLIGHT CHRONOLOGY.
However, as explained above in footnote (3), such date is not possible.
Due to the heavier weight given to the screened evidence, all year
references given in "Strangers from the Sky" are pushed down for at least
10 years.  Furthermore, TNG Tech Manual gave the year of 2061 for the first
prototype of the CDP engine.  (See page 54, TNG Tech Manual)

53   According to THE WORLDS OF THE FEDERATION, the four light years' trip
took six years under high impulse, with time dilation I suppose.

54   The only "reasonable" way for the VALIANT to be at the edge of the
galaxy with only "impulse rockets" is through a wormhole of some sort.

55   Prefect jarvis noted that "great awakening" had taken place 200 years
before the episode.

56   Earth was still partly a mess in 2079, since Q brought Picard and crew
back to the "Post-Atomic Horrors".  It could be thought that these are just
isolated pockets of un-civilization, rules by warlords.  New United Nations
did their best to clean out these pockets threatening world peace, but one
of them repeatedly tried to procure anti-matter by attacking the research
facility where the Cochrane team is located, and the guards couldn't always
help.  Finally, Cochrane team decided to leave for peace.
     The above is merely a conjecture by the author, and should not be
construed as actual "Star Trek history".

57   The episode stated that the massacre took place 80 years before, and
the feud 200 years before that.

58   The BONAVENTURE-class interstellar scout ENTERPRISE was a tribute to
the animated episode TAS:Time Trap, in which the BONAVENTURE herself was
seen, along with various other old ships.

59   The DECLARATION-class cruise liner ENTERPRISE was mentioned in several
previous Star Trek chronologies.

60   The design defect part is from my imagination.  The book only said
something like "The Romulans used high-powered lasers to explosively
decompress the crew chambers.  They then towed the cruiser home and soon
added small warp drives to their ships."  Obviously that cannot be since
according to the Chronology, Romulans still do not possess warp drive
during the war.

61   I am quite surprised how good this fits the "official" timeline in
Star Trek Chronology...  I didn't change a thing, I swear!  The year fits
exactly!  Of course, the details came from the novel.

62   While some documents may say "subspace radio", keep in mind that
HORIZON, lost in 2168 (seven years later), had to use regular radio, since
they never had the subspace radio.

63   There have been arguments over this date all over the place.  I've
been told that previous estimates (based on Goldstein's STARFLIGHT
CHRONOLOGIES) is 2089, while the fandom have came up with the date of 2121.
Since 2161 is the year given for "Federation Day" a compromise is reached:
Federation started in its embryonic form (like League of Nations before
United Nations) in 2089, and was formally declared in 2161.  The estimate
is now confirmed by the Chronology.

64   StarFleet Academy is shown in TNG:"First Duty".  Someone spotted that
the StarFleet Academy logo have Roman numerals meaning 2161.

65   As mentioned in Chronology, Solkar doesn't sound like a female Vulcan
name.  Perhaps Solkar was the grandfather?

66   Hmmm...  Is ARCHON a Daedalus-class as ESSEX?

67   As noted in Chronology, Kirk said that subspace radio have not been
invented at this point.

68   Dr.Stubbs noted that this star explodes every 196 years.

69   Data said the Daedalus-class have not been in service for 172 years.

70   Ms. Grayson is 52 in the episode, Sarek was 101.

71   See page 128, TNG Tech Manual.

72   Daystrom invented duotronics 25 years before the episode, and Kirk
said he was 24 at the time.

73   This would also fit the info given in ST6:TUC, as Spock had said
during the briefing, it has been 70 years of conflict.

74   Spock said hostility between the two powers existed for 70 years, as
ST6 is set in 2293.

75   If you would recall, in 2364, TNG: Encounter at Farpoint, Data clearly
stated that McCoy (okay, he never named him, but who else could it be?) as
"one hundred and thirty-seven years old".  2364-137=2227

76   Original estimate was 2230, see how close I was?  Chronology said that
an early draft of script stated that they have been married for 38 years.

77   Original estimate was 2231, again, only one year off!

78   This birthdate is given by Paramount as "official" info.  However, the
name of his parents are NOT official.  The name of the father was George,
which I believe came from TOS:"Operation: Annihilate!".  The name of the
mother came from the novel TOSN:"ENTERPRISE: First Adventure", and was also
used (by a different author) in TOSN:"Time for Yesterday"

79   MANN-class cruisers, saucer-shaped hull, first appeared in the novel
THE FINAL REFLECTION by John M. Ford.

80   His pet sehlat I-Chaya was seriously injured, and Spock chose to have
it euthanized by a healer.  The story is written by D.C.Fontana, and is the
only TAS background included in the Chronology.

81   Sulu said he was born in San Francisco in ST4:TVH.  He grew up at
Ganjitsu, according to Vonda McIntyre in novels "ENTERPRISE:The First
Adventure" and "The Entropy Effect.  The first name of "Hikaru" was
introduced by Vonda McIntyre in "The Entropy Effect", and is formalized
into trek fandom by Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country, by Sulu's
introduction in his Captain's Log.  Year is conjectural, and Chronology
assumed Sulu was 29 in first season of TOS.

82   Uhura's first name was never formalized, and for decades the fandom
argued back and forth.  Some say "Penda", others say "Nyota".  "Nyota",
which means "star" in Swahili, was used in several novels, including the
novel "Uhura's Song" by Janet Kagan.  Nyota sounds better to me.  Also
interesting is my estimate of 2240 is only one year off.

83   Spock said the battle was 23 years ago.

84   While there were no evidence that Captain April ever undertook a five
year mission on the ENTERPRISE, this is a logical conclusion, both as part
of ship's chronology, but also a tribute to the animated episode.  It was
also implied in the TNG Tech Manual.

85   Just a conjecture...  Assuming he's 18 at the time.

86   Lenore was 19 during the episode in 2266.

87   I am not too sure where did McCoy's wife's name came from.  I believe
I first saw it in the Bantam novel "Day of Judgement", and also later in
Pocket's "Dreams of the Ravens".  On the other hand, Joanna's name was
fixed in the early writer's guides.  She was to appear in the episode "The
Way to Eden", which was originally named "Joanna".  However, a rewrite last
minute changed it to the present form.  She also appeared in the novel
"Crisis on Centaurus".

88   Amanda said father and son have not spoken for eighteen years.

89   Year is about right if we assume Kirk to be seventeen at the time.

90   Kirk said he met Finney while he was a "midshipmen".

91   An ensign in the Academy?  Not impossible but rare nowadays.

92   Long footnote in the Chronology...  Kirk said his visit to Axanar was
as a "new fledged cadet" in WGD, while he got the award in CM.  Looks like
he was still on the REPUBLIC at that time.

93   The crash occured 14 years prior to the episode in 2266.

94   Graduation is conjectural.  Kobayashi Maru was mentioned in ST2:WOK.
Several TNG episodes established Starfleet as a four year curriculum.

95   Two weeks prior to the episode.

96   As revealed in TNG:"A Matter of Time", the phasers do not exist in the
twenty-second (22nd) century.  It was invented in early 23rd century.

97   McCoy:"We walked out of each other's lives ten years ago", which was
in 2266.

98   No exact date available, but Mendez did say that it happened "months"
before the episode.

99   Tyree said that "firesticks" have appeared near a year before.

100  As noted in Chronology, Kirk said in "What Are Little Girls Made Of?"
his brother Sam have three sons.  It appears that only Peter was on Deneva
at the time.

101  TAS was not included in the dating in the Chronology as Gene did not
consider it "canon".  They are included in a special section in the
appendix as it no longer fits into the timeline proper.  See appendix B:
for the list of episodes and stardates.

102  According to "The Making of Star Trek", Gene had planned for the
CONSITUTION-class vessels to have an 18-year range.  Since ENTERPRISE was
launched in 2245, 2268-2245=23, > 18.

103  That's a two grade jump, folks.  Commodore is the first step, and Kirk
skipped that totally!

104  See TNG Tech Manual, page 128.

105  TNG Manual called the refitted ENTERPRISE CONSTITUTION-class.  FASA
started the ENTERPRISE-class, and the dedication plaque as given in SCOTT'S
GUIDE says STARSHIP-class.  Finally... The CORRECT answer: CONSTITUTION-
class, as shown on bridge graphics in ST6:TUC.

106  This is seen in many novels, including TOSN: Spock's World, TOSN:Deep
Domain, and so on, where Kirk is both an Admiral and Acting Captain.  Now
confirmed by Chronology.

107  Most of these events are documented in my previous edition of this
timeline, and are only one year off.

108  BOZEMAN's registry number is NCC-1941.

109  While we have no evidence of Spock leading a five-year mission, this
would only be logical for the numbers to work out right.  Otherwise we will
leave a big five-year gap in the middle with nothing.

110  See Chronology, page 73.

111  Gene stated he consider ST5:TFF to be apocryphal, and this was
included for completeness' sake only.

112  Gene Roddenberry had stated MANY MANY times that he does not like the
idea of Transwarp, therefore it is a failure.  TNG:TM confirmed it.

113  A fun fact to observe...  The motto of the EXCELSIOR is "No matter
where you go, there you are."  (from Buckaroo Banzai)

114  One wonders if this refers to the Transwarp failure...

115  Geordi said It's been 80 years since the Soyuz-class went out of
service.  2369-80 ~= 2288.

116  In the Novelization, McCoy was spoiling his two grandchildren (one of
them two years old), when he was called to the briefing in StarFleet HQ.

117  Obviously no relation to me...  Haha.

118  ST6 happened approximately in 2292 since Scotty disappeared sometime
in 2293 according to TNG:"Relics".

119  Scotty would not have retired if his bairns are still running, ya
know.  Besides, he said "The ENTERPRISE, eh?  I should've known, lad.  And
I'll bet it's Kirk who hauled the old gal out of mothballs to come looking
for me."  1701-A was mothballed, no question about it.

120  The Stardate came from the novelizaiton.  Quite a bit of difference.

121  Polaski said that the outbreak is 70 years before the episode in 2365.

122  Dr. Clark said the contact was 70 years ago.

123  This date is just a guess on my part.  Someone said Johnson? commands
this ship, from the new cutaway Galaxy-class poster.

124  Data said the contact was 62 years prior to episode in 2364.

125  Picard was fifty-five (55) in the novelization.

126  Well...  Someone said July 13, 2305, TNG:"Conundrum" I think.

127  Kira said to Sisko when they first met that "The Cardassians said the
same thing sixty years ago."  DS9 is in 2370, -60 = 2310.

128  Here are my reasons for the conjecture:

Page 118, UNIFICATION novelization
SPOCK: A personal decision, Captain.  Perhaps you are aware that I played a
          small role in the first overture to peace with the Klingons.
[note that he said "first overture"]
PICARD:  History is aware of the role you played, Ambassador.
SPOCK :  Not entirely.  It was I who asked Kirk to lead the peace mission.
          And I who had to accept the responsibility for the consequences
          to him and his crew.  Quite simply, I am unwilling to risk
          anyone's life but my own on this occasion.  I would ask you to
          respect my wishes and leave.
["consequences"...]

Page 119, UNIFICATION novelization
SPOCK (to PICARD):  In your own way, are are as stubborn as another captain
          of the ENTERPRISE I once knew.
["once knew"]
     It is my opinion that these quotes implied that Kirk is no longer
alive during the 24th century:
     The second Spock quote implies that the ENTERPRISE NCC-1701-A was lost
with Kirk and crew onboard, but not Spock and McCoy.  Spock was distraught
over asking Kirk to lead the peace mission, and from there on he became an
ambassador himself so he does not have to put others at risk for his
decisions.  I do not see any other suitable explanations for this quote.
     Of course, you can say that was a reference to ST6:TUC, and Paramount
threw that in to confuse us.  However, since there will be a war at
approximately 2315 with the Klingons, same thing could happen twice.
     The third Spock quote probably means Kirk.  Others have argued that it
could mean Pike, or even April.  However those possibilities are slim at
best, since Spock knew Kirk best, and the word "stubborn" seems to fit Kirk
better than either Pike or April.
     I believe the war, just before which NCC-1701-A and Kirk was
destroyed, happened sometime between 2310 and 2320, due to several reasons.
1) Riker stated in TNG:"The Emissary" that Federation and Klingon Empire
were at war fifty years ago.  The Emmisary is a second season episode,
therefore it happened in 2365.  Fifty years ago is about 2315.   2) In
TOSN: The Rift by Peter David, it was stated at the end that the next time
the rift opened, the Federation is in the midst of the Klingon-Romulan war.
Kirk was on the NCC-1701-A in this novel due to the mention of Transwarp
and the death of his son, David Marcus.  Since ST5 happened in 2286, and
the rift opens every 33.34 years, the next opening is after 2319.
     Therefore the Klingo-Federation War must happen between 2315 and 2319.
     I fully understand that this theory might be invalidated by the next
movie.  We shall see.
     In case you are interested in such a scenario, please look in the
alt.startrek.creative archives on USEnet for "The Road Less Travelled" by
Dayton Ward.  Let me know if you can't find it.

129  TNG:"The Neutral Zone" stated it has been 50 years since anyone
sighted a Romulan or any Romulan ship.  Obviously, since the 1701-C was
attacked by Romulans, they meant "any one left alive".

130  Cardassian War was mentioned many times, including TNG:The Wounded and
TNG: Unification I.

131  Pretty darn young, don't you think?  :-)

132  According to FASA's "TNG Officer's Manual", NCC-1701-B was destroyed
by renegade Klingons and Romulans (in two battleships).  However, the stuff
in that book are extremely unreliable, therefore I put it here instead of
in the timeline itself.

133  According to ST:TNG First Year Sourcebook (FASA), she's 41, which
would be about right, despite the "un"-officialness.  The maiden name and
location of birth are from TNG:"Conundrum".

134  The AMBASSADOR-class is also the first to have a saucer section that
is capable of independent deployment (much like the GALAXY-class).
Information from TNG Tech Journal.

135  Riker was 32 in the novelization.  The middle initial came from a
convention.  Thelonius was a great jazz player of 20th Century.

136  I don't know if this is true...  Recently Jonathan Frakes (William T.
Riker) started saying at conventions that T. stands for Thomas.  Any
confirmation?  Or is that just a joke?

137  There were quite a bit of argument on whether this was Spock or not.
However, evidence suggests that it was Spock.  Sybok was gone, and there
were no evidence of any other children by Sarek, by Amanda or Perrin.

138  Hmmm...  Didn't Deanna said "Ian Andrew" in TNG:"The Child"?

139  And Will Riker blamed his father for it.  I wonder why?

140  Did you know that Peliar means "to fight" in Spanish?

141  "Kronos" appeared in ST6:TUC.  Also see 42.

142  Worf said he was about six years old when Romulans attacked and
destroyed Khitomer in TNG:"The Bonding"

143  We still haven't made up our mind as to what does the Klingons call
their homeworld...  Early fan fiction suggests "Kazh".  John M. Ford's "The
Final Reflection" said "Klinzhai".  "The Worlds of the Federation" said
"Kling", and now ST6:TUC said "Kronos".  However, it appears "Kronos" gets
the seal of approval.

144  Data said he was "class of 78" in EaF, but that was before the
calender was established and is therefore officially ignored.

145  Well...  We know Worf is a year or two older than Kern.  If we know
how old Kern is, we can guess how old Worf is.  If we know how old Worf is,
we know the attack on Khitomer is when he was six years old, so you know
how I got the number.  (TNG:"The Bonding")

146  Ent-C wore old emblems in 2344, but Jack Crusher's message dated 2349
have the new emblem on.  We arbitrarily picked 2347.

147  Wesley is approximately 16 during the first season, and was officially
pronounced 18 in TNG:"Evolution", third season opener.

148  Worf said in TNG:"Heart of Glory" that he was from Gault.  Yet in
TNG:"Family" Worf said he look forward to meeting his parents on Earth.

149  In the novelization of ENCOUNTER AT FARPOINT, Picard said it was
fifteen years ago that he had last seen Beverly Crusher, when he returned
her husband's body.  In "The Bonding", Wesley said he was less than 12 when
his father died.  Since we know Wesley's age, we know when Jack died.

150  No, not that "pulling down front of shirt" stuff!

151  See page 57, TNG Tech Manual.

152  Since GALAXY came out 2357, and ENTERPRISE came out 2363, YAMATO
should be in between, and 2360 is right in the middle.  Which means one
should have appeared in 2366, and another in 2369.

153  Stardate according to Page 12, TNG Tech Manual.

154  I am quite aware that there was a controversy out there that O'Brien
might be an enlisted person, therefore a chief petty officer.
Unfortunately I don't buy that theory.  However, it was important enough
that I hereby inform you of this controversy and my decision.  Besides,
TNGComp called O'Brien "lieutenent" at least four times.

155  This must be before EaF...  or we have a causaulity loop problem.  :-)

156  The previous stardate from TNGN:Encounter at Farpoint is overridden by
screened evidence.

157  As you recall, later someone dismantled it discretely and shipped it
to Romulans for their scheme.

158  "Symbiosis" have Tasha Yar waving at the end, so it must be first,
despite a higher production number than "Skin of Evil".

159  Okona did say it was about six months ago they started...

160  TNGComp mentioned that this was supposed to be a Borg invasion and
Feds joined up with Klingons and Romulans to defeat the Borg, but due to
the writer's strike, it never materialized.

161  Guinan was first seen in "The Child".  "Yesterday's Enterprise" and
"Redemption II" shows that she came onboard AFTER Yar's death.  Data
mentioned the place in "Time's Arrow I", all from Chronology.

162  Did you know that this script was originally written for Kirk and Ilia
in the never-produced Star Trek II series?

163  A certain guest star was suppose to be on the show, but didn't make
it.  As for who...  Spell Nagilum backwards.

164  Someone called this episode "Riker's Greatest Hits" (grin)

165  At one ship every three years, this sounds about right, as GALAXY in
2357, YAMATO in 2360, and ENTERPRISE in 2363.

166  Picard said that the treaty was signed about a year before.

167  The numbers came from TNG: Drumhead, during the prosecution (?) of
Captain Jean-Luc Picard by Admiral (retired) Saati.

168  GAGE and KYUSHU was mentioned by Saratoga's officer as in position.
Melbourne was mentioined too.  Saratoga was identified by the captain.

169  Hmmm...  There is a ship called the WELLINGTON somewhere...  Wonder
does that have to do with this?

170  Gee, can you imagine Worf as the first humanoid you see ever?  Oh,
also, in TNG:"The Game", Wesley asked how is Molly doing.

171  There were several comic books with stardate entries in the middle of
UNIFICATION.  Those entries have been deleted for authenticity's sake.

172  On Dr.Crusher's screen for death notice of Ensign Ro, there is a
stardate: 45892.4.

END FILE