Subject: Star Trek Movies List of Lists (January 2, 1992)

From: [email-masked] (Mark A. Holtz)
Date: 8 Jan 92 23:27:29 GMT

Star Trek Movie Lists of Lists
                            compiled by Mark Holtz
                          (Revised January 2, 1992)

DISCLAIMER: "Star  Trek",  "Enterprise",  and  all  other  related  items  are
copyright and  trademarks of  Paramount  Communications. Any  infringement  of
these lists  on Paramount's  legitimate copyright  and trademarks  are  purely
unintentional, and will be corrected upon proper notification. These lists are
for the enjoyment of the reader only, and may not be sold.

This is the Star Trek Movie Lists of  Lists. It contains a listing of all  the
"Star Trek" movie series,  plus some added notes.  This list comes out  around
the 1st every month. However, a posting may not come out due to events  beyond
my control.

If you are  wondering why I  compile these lists,  it is strictly  out of  the
enjoyment of "Star Trek", and enjoy a wealth of information from other  people
who post  on  the electronic  networks.  After  being irritated  by  the  ever
constant requests for episode lists on  Usenet, I decided that, in the  middle
of 1990, to  post a list  of episodes on  a regular basis.  It soon grew  from
that, and, with the  contributions of other people,  these lists grew to  what
you see today.  (And still  growing). The  only payment  I ask  is thanks  and
contributions, I am not making a dime off these compilations.

Special Requests for  Lists: This  list is NOT  available from  the author  at
sactoh0. However, FTP sites and  a mail server are  currently being set up  to
handle requests.

NOTE: This is the first editiion, and many changes still have to be made.

Table Of Contents
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Star Trek: The Motion Picture
     Additional Cast
          Starfleet
          Klingons
     Did You Know . . .
     Operation SNAFU
Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan
     Additional Cast
     Did You Know . . .
     Operation SNAFU
Star Trek III: The Search for Spock
Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home
     Did You Know . . .
     Operation SNAFU
Star Trek V: The Final Frontier
     Operation SNAFU
Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country
Thanks to.....
Wesley Eugene Roddenberry
{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{
                                  Star Trek:
                              The Motion Picture

Movie Opened: December 7, 1979
Stardate: 7412.3

Additional Cast
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Starfleet
-=======-
Majel Barrett-Roddenberry - Doctor Christine Chapel
Michelle Ameen Billy - Epsilon Monitoring Station Lieutenant
Roger Aaron Brown - Epsilon Monitoring Station Technician
Paula Crist - Crewman
Steven Collins - Captain Willard Decker
Gary Faga - Airlock Technician
David Gatreaux - Commander Branch
John D. Gowans - Transporter Assistant
Doug Hale - Computer
Leslie C. Howard - Crewman
Sayra Hummel - Engineer
Howard Itzkowitz - Cargo Deck Ensign
Junero Jennings - Engineer
Jon Kamael - Lieutenant Commander Sonak
Persis Khambatta - Lieutenant Ilia
Marcy Lafferty - Relief Navigator Chief DeFalco
Terrance O'Connor - Chief Ross
Michael Roygas - Lieutenant Cleary
Susan J. Sullivan - Crewman
Grace Lee Whitney - Transporter Chief Janice Rand
Billy van Zandt - Alien Ensign

Bridge Crewman: Ralph Brennan,  Ralph Byers, Iva  Lane, Franklyn Seales,  Momo
Yashima

Security Officer - John Dresden, Joshua Gallegos, Rod Perry

Vulcan Master: Edna Gover, Norman Stuart, Paul Weber

Klingons
-======-
Mark Lenard - Klingon Captain

Klingon Crewmen: Jimmie Booth,  Joel Kramer, Bill  McTosh, Dave Mordigan,  Tom
Morga, Tony Rocco, Joel Schultz, Craig Thomas

Did you know . . .
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
. . . That many of the sets  constructed for this movie have been re-used  and
re-dressed for the subsequent films and has been used (albiet painted over) on
Star Trek: The Next Generation.

. . . The  initial set construction  was originally supposed to  be for a  new
series that was going  to be a  flagship of a  proposed Paramount 4th  network
titled "Star Trek II"?

. . . The recreation  deck briefing consisted of  mostly Star Trek fans.  Word
leaked out that they needed  a lot of extras for  a day of shooting, and  many
fans showed up, on word  of mouth alone, for this  day of shooting. A  casting
call was never issued.

Operation SNAFU
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
* During the climatic scene outside of the Enterprise (inside of V'ger), Kirk,
  Spock, and McCoy are all wearing jackets  with a colored band on the  sleve.
  Just after they  re-enter the  Enterprise and are  back on  the bridge,  the
  colors on Spock's and McCoy's jackets are switched.
-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-
                                Star Trek II:
                              The Wrath of Khan

Movie Opened: June 4, 1982
Stardate: 8130.3

Additional Cast
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Kristie Alley - Lieutenany Saavik
Bibi Besch - Doctor Carol Marcus
Merritt Butrick - Doctor David Marcus
Ike Eisenmann - Cadet Peter Preston
Nicholas Guest - Cadet
Paul Kent - Beach
Joel Marstan - Crew Chief
Ricardo Montalban - Khan Noonian Singh
Judson Scott - Joachim
Kevin Sullivan - March
Russell Takaki - Madison
John Vargas - Jedda
Paul Winfield - Captain Clark Terrell
John Winston - Transporter Chief Lieutenant Kyle

Did you know . . .
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
. . . that  all of the actors  who played Khan's men  were, at the time,  male
strippers of Chippindales?

Operation SNAFU
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
* One of the best known SNAFU's is when Khan says to Chekov, "I never forget a
face". "Space Seed" aired  during the first seasion  of Star Trek, and  Chekov
joined the  crew during  the second  season. It  was known  before  production
started that this was an  error, and yet, the powers  that be did not want  to
leave out Walter Koenig.

* The blood stain on Kirk's jacket is constantly changing.

* When one of Khan's injured men is injured and says, "Yours is superior",  he
then dies with his eyes open. However,  when Khan hugs him, his eyes  suddenly
close.
(:)(:)(:)(:)(:)(:)(:)(:)(:)(:)(:)(:)(:)(:)(:)(:)(:)(:)(:)(:)(:)(:)(:)(:)(:)(:
                                Star Trek III:
                             The Search for Spock

Movie Opened: June 1, 1984
Stardate: 8210.06

Additional Cast
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Philip Richard Allen - Captain J. T. Esteban
Dame Judith Anderson - T'Lar
Judith Anderson - Vulcan High Priestess
Merritt Butrick - Doctor David Marcus
Katherine Blum - Vulcan Child
Dave Cadiente - Klingon Sergeant
Bob Cummings - Klingon Gunner
Robin Curtis - Lieutenant Saavik
Joe W. Davis - Spock
Gary Faga - Security Officer
Miguel Ferrer - Excelsior First Officer
Conroy Gedeon - Starfleet Security Agent
Robert Hooks - Admiral (Commander) Morrow
John Larroquette - Maltz
Mark Lenard - Ambassador Sarek
Stephen Liska - Torg
Christopher Lloyd - Krudge
Stephen Manley - Spock
Mario Marcelino - Grissom Communications Officer
Scott McGinnis - Starbase Communication Officer
Allan Miller - Alien Captain
Jeanne Mori - Grissom Helmsman
Phil Morris - Crewman Trainee Foster
Vadia Potenza - Spock
Branscombe Richmond - Klingon Gunner
Douglas Alan Shanklin - Security Officer
Cathie Shirriff - Valkris
James B. Sikking - Captain Styles
Paul Sorensen - Merchent Captain
Carl Steven - Spock
Grace Lee Whitney - Transporter Chief Janice Rand
-><-><-><-><-><-><-><-><-><-><-><-><-><-><-><-><-><-><-><-><-><-><-><-><-><->
"The cast and  crew of Star  Trek wish to  dedicate this film  to the men  and
women of the spaceship Challenger, whose  courageous spirit shall live to  the
23rd century and beyond. . . ."

                                Star Trek IV:
                               The Voyage Home

Movie Opened:

Stardate 8390: Kirk notes in his log entry that they are beginning their third
month of exile on  Vulcan. This means  that this film  takes place two  months
after the end of Star Trek III.

Did you know . . .
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
. . . In the scene where Uhura and Chekov are looking for the nuclear vessels,
a woman  passes by  and  says "Across  the bay,  in  Alameda." The  scene  was
originally written with noone responding, and  the woman was just passing  by,
unaware of any shooting that was going in.  They had to track her down to  get
her release on the film, and she just asked for a day's pay.

. . . Part of  the reason whales were featured  in this film was because  both
William Shatner  and  Leonard Nimoy  are  members  of the  "Save  The  Whales"
organization.

Operation SNAFU
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
* In the dinner scene between  Kirk and Gillian, the  candle in the middle  of
  the table is constantly changing position.
\|/|\|/|\|/|\|/|\|/|\|/|\|/|\|/|\|/|\|/|\|/|\|/|\|/|\|/|\|/|\|/|\|/|\|/|\|/|\
                                 Star Trek V:
                              The Final Frontier

Movie Opened:

Did You Know . . .
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
. . . That  the shuttlebay in  Star Trek V is  the repainted royal  throneroom
>from Eddie Murphy's "Coming To America."

. . . Industrial Light and Magic was unable to do the special effects work for
Star  Trek  V  because  they  were  overloaded  with  the  effects  work   for
RCA/Columbia's "Ghostbusters II" and Paramount's  "Indiana Jones and the  Last
Crusade." A stock shot from  Star Trek IV was used  in Star Trek V, and  thus,
ILM has to receive credit.

Operation SNAFU
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
* In the opening sequence,  when Kirk falls off  the cliff, Spock catches  him
  before he crashes  into the ground.  Right after he's  caught, take a  close
  look at his shirt. One part of it is puffed out where wires are attached  to
  keep Shatner from swaying back and forth.

* Starfleet Headquarters is  in the  same time  zone as  Yosemite, when  Kirk,
  Spock and McCoy  leave Yosemite, it's  dark, yes, when  they are aboard  the
  Enterprise talking to "Bob" from Starfleet, it's daytime in the background.

* When Kirk, Spock,  and McCoy  shoot up  the accesway  aboard the  Enterprise
  while escaping Sybok's men, watch the  deck numbering. They pass by deck  52
  twice.
[=][=][=][=][=][=][=][=][=][=][=][=][=][=][=][=][=][=][=][=][=][=][=][=][=][=
                            "For Gene Roddenberry"

                                Star Trek VI:
                           The Undiscovered Country

Movie Opened: December 6, 1991

TNG Sets
~~~~~~~~
- Look closely at the warp engines in Engineering. Straight out of TNG.

- Also,  look at  the presidents  office. Where  the view  screen is  where  a
certain bar is located. Also, look  at the windows. The president's office  is
Ten-Forward.

Operation Snafu
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
- The Klingons on the bird of prey  have purple blood, but the Klingon at  the
end has red blood, which is seen on the spike on his shoulder. (UV)

- The closing credits  have Uhura listed as  "Uhuru". Oops, althouhg Uhuru  is
the proper Swahili spelling for "Freedom".
@*@*@*@*@*@*@*@*@*@*@*@*@*@*@*@*@*@*@*@*@*@*@*@*@*@*@*@*@*@*@*@*@*@*@*@*@*@*@
                               Thanks to . . .

William James Cuffe, Murry Chapman, Richard F. Drushel, Allan Finkas, J. Scott
Hofmann, Jon Jerome, Michael Kaufman, Paul Maserang, Robert Timlin
#=#=#=#=#=#=#=#=#=#=#=#=#=#=#=#=#=#=#=#=#=#=#=#=#=#=#=#=#=#=#=#=#=#=#=#=#=#=#
                       Wesley Eugene "Gene" Roddenberry
                      August 19, 1921 - October 24, 1991

He created a legend which continues on today, creating a show that has  helped
beleive that there was a future worth  living for. He showed us that space  is
not just for space battles, but for  learning new ideas and ways of  thinking,
and, indirectly, has  done more for  civil rights and  the space program  than
Martin Luther King, Jr. and John F. Kennedy. Gene will be missed, but will not
be forgotten.
-- 
 A man, trapped in the past, facing   <:> UUCP: PacBell.COM! -> mholtz!sactoh0
mirror images that are not his own... <:>     ucbvax!csusac! /
QUANTUM LEAP! Wednesdays at 10 on NBC <:>
(9p Central/Mountain/Sacramento, CA)  <:> Internet: [email-masked]

--
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Edited by Jim "The Big Dweeb" Griffith - the official scapegoat for r.a.s.i.
Email submissions to [email-masked], and questions to
						[email-masked]